It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT!!!!!!! Provost Marshals serve governors

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I won't speak for him but I will say what I would call it. A crossroads. It would either be looked on in the future as a neccessary and brave thing to do to right the direction of the country-OR-setting a dangerous precedent that spiraled out of control because of violent idiots who took it too far.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
My local news station in South Carolina said that Mark Sanford and thirty other governers got them but that they were threatning in nature and the FBI took the letters to investigate.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by ChristIsHere]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by 12.13.2012

What would you call it if an elected official was forcibly or violently removed from office. That's what is going to happen if this proceeds. You can couch it all you want in flowery pseudo patriotic rhetoric, but it still is usurping elected officials.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by whaaa]

^^^ "forcibly or violently removed from office"? how do you know? are you masterminding it? are you going to do it? are you psychic? unless you are one of these 3 things listed, then you cannot say with any more certainty what will or will not happen than any other person on here.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Too bad they didn't do that with Hitler, would have saved a lot of lives that were otherwise lost.

If an elected official chooses to resist a lawful order with violence. I say"Oh, well!"

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So, if the elected officials are criminals, that's ok cause they're elected?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by mrbarber]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So what happens after three days pass and the governors don't give in?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hondahawk

That's the question that is not being answered...

I say nothing, like all the other times this was tried.

Guess we will see ATS!~

[edit on 2-4-2010 by djcubed]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just wanted to let you guys know..

Posted some info here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

for your perusal. Didn't want to double post this, but read it, and the entire thread if you want some reality behind what is really going on...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

another thought I just had on that: lets say for a moment you are indeed correct in your assumption. then everyone is this nation would be a hypocrite if we CONDONE it in 1776 (and still celebrate it with several holidays, even to this day)- but look negatively on it in 2010. I am not condoning violence or negatively impacting behaviors, Im just trying to see things from your viewpoint, and weighing all things we know to be fact into that asessment.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbarber

thats brilliant! In short, that is expressly what we are saying as a people if we are to allow this behavior to continue. If someone can tell me how to make my signature at the bottom of my posts, would you mind if I make that my signature? that is an awesome and direct way of putting it!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber

Who decides if the elected officials are criminals? Will they be tried in a court of law? Has innocent until proven guilty been rescinded by mob rule?

God help us!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Dont know if this has been said yet. Clive Boustred is behind "Guardians for the free republics" , an whois search on the website confirmed that..and a google search on his name results in some interesting hits.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by mrbarber

Who decides if the elected officials are criminals? Will they be tried in a court of law? Has innocent until proven guilty been rescinded by mob rule?

God help us!!

^ Have we not already been supplied with ample evidence to decide if they have been, by large, involved in criminal activities? Does Patriot Act and Patriot Act 2 not suffice as direct criminal activity against the Constitution?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

also, why is it when you ask a question and I provide a sufficent reply, you drop the topic? Are you displeased with my ability to directly respond to your claims without personal attacks?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
one thing most of us are deliberately avoiding is: what happens when these to deadlines arrive? I think that is the big motivating key factor in these discussions.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yes, isn't that our imperialistic model for international relations and war? why should it be any different now. Real bummer though that this had to be some guys publicity stunt. I was truly hoping we might see a glimmer of change that is real and positive. I am bummed by the news, and wish it truly had been a well thought out movement by the people to restore rights. maybe this should serve as a sign of what could be done if people were actually paying attention and demanded the changes needed.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.13.2012

^ Have we not already been supplied with ample evidence to decide if they have been, by large, involved in criminal activities? Does Patriot Act and Patriot Act 2 not suffice as direct criminal activity against the Constitution?

I doubt if sitting Governors had much to do with the passing of the Patriot act.
This is still about the removal of Governors is it not?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
MODS: There are several threads about this topic, is there any way to merge them?

I have been a close eye on this topic and I want to thank True American for bringing this to my attention with his initial thread. I have been taking more of a wait and see approach, but it is my belief that any true Patriot or supporter of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Declaration of Independence as well as any lover of freedom who believes that the Federal Government is over stepping their bounds and has been for some time now, has been doing much the same as I have. Keeping their mouth shut and watching carefully.

So of course today I am scanning the news and decided to check my e-mail (on yahoo) and to my shock what do I see? FBI warns letters to governors could stir violence just staring at me on the first page. So of course already being interested in this topic since I first heard and read of it earlier in the week, I had to see what the MSM take on the situation was. Pay attention to the spin, and do yourself a favor and go to gotr.org and get familiar with what they are doing, and see how it is being reported. By the time you are done, you should have no doubt in your mind that FOX news, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, Time Warner, Glenn Beck and every other talking head on the "boob tube" is truly bought and paid for.

And please note at time is is very subtle and there is more of a message in what they DON'T mention. Example?

It sent letters to governors demanding they leave office or be removed.

The above statement was taken directly from the Yahoo article. Now what the article does not mention is that the Governors also have to the choice to UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION and live up to THEIR OATH OF OFFICE... OR be removed.

See how that works? The article focuses on "removed" yet makes no mention that these governors can also do what they are sworn to do to begin with. I know I am hoping there is some teeth behind all this bark I'm seeing, and I am sure there are millions more like me.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is a bad joke ! Letter's were sent-thats all ! No Provost Marshal business.
We all are just so hungry for change like we were hoping President Obama would do that for the middle class. We felt like he had the answers and are hoping he won't sell us out .
Therefore we wait for him to comfort us and tell us things will get better "soon". And hope that he is bearing some truth behind that statement.
Hopefully this isn't a far fetched fairy tale-I gotta cling to some hope guyz !
I just want jobs back and we can deal with some of the bull# politics if we could actually have a effing jobby. Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well i think this got debunked in the other thread seems the guy that owns this site is a s.african software mogoul in silicone valley goto the other thread and see

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join