It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT!!!!!!! Provost Marshals serve governors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
NO government wants to keep tabs on every single person. Its too costly, and tiresome. lol.

Well they certainly keep tabs on those that sign letters from fringe anti-government groups threatening Govenors that they will be "removed from office in 48 hours" And rightly so....

These "Oath Keepers" just outed their members to the FBI...

Real braintrust these guys..

FBI looking into demand that Rendell resign

Inquirer Harrisburg Bureau

HARRISBURG - Gov. Rendell was among at least 30 governors to receive a letter this week from an extremist antigovernment group demanding that he resign or face being "removed from office," according to officials in the Philadelphia office of the FBI.

Rendell received the letter within the last 48 hours and immediately turned it over to federal authorities, FBI Special Agent J.J. Klaver said.

Klaver said the letter was from a so-called sovereign citizens group that is "advocating a plan to remove all state governors from office."

"These are individuals who reject all forms of government authority, and they believe they are emancipated from all the responsibilities associated with being U.S. citizens, such as paying taxes and obeying laws," Klaver said.

Klaver stressed that although such groups have advocated violence or other illegal acts, the letter sent to Rendell did not.

"It did not say, 'We are going to kill you,' " Klaver said. "It said, 'You have to vacate your office or you will be removed from office.' "

He said the letter was lengthy and contained petitions with signatures from people who presumably support the call for governors to resign. He would not elaborate on the name of the group, how large it was, or details in the letter.

Rendell's office declined to comment.

Mike Drewniak, spokesman for New Jersey Gov. Christie, said, "It does not appear that we've received such a letter, but we are aware of the matter, as is the wider state and federal law enforcement community."

celebrifi.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Yeah, I'd love to see these 'Elder Members' (hahahah) just TRY and enforce that silly rant/letter.

Sounds to me like some folks didn't take their meds. Ya know?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Apparently any whack job can declare themselves a Provost Marshal and serve papers on anyone.

I just had a great Idea. I'm gonna serve papers on my local 7-11 and tell the clerk to hand over the keys to the beer cooler and lotto machine "sir, you are relieved of duty" I'll take over now.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am actually concerned for some of these people that signed the letter..

I am sure some of them are just interent forum cowboys that got carried away...next thing you know there names are being included on a letter to "Govenors" threatening to "remove them from office" in 48 hours...

The FBI has to take it seriously...

It's one thing to spout off via a keyboard...it's another to have your name included in a threatening letter to 30 Govenors...

A knock on the door from the FBI is possible...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Making threats against the government WE THE PEOPLE put into office? Blame yourselves. Especially the people that don't bother to VOTE!

Yes! Threats suck! Hey, I know, Maybe if you have a copy of the threats the haters made, we can show the annoying non-voters how lame they are? That would be cool!

Wait, don't bother. You are so busy stopping hate, I'll see if I can help you.
Here you go. Here is what those nuts are saying...
www.guardiansofthefreerepublics.com...

And please explain to me. What are you 'defending' your freedom from?

Huh? I'm not defending my freedom. I'm with you! Who needs to defend their freedom? That would be lame!

Seriously. How has your live changed in the last 2 years that causes you to be so worried?

I'm on your side! I'm not worried! Is there something to be worried about???

So much hate.... so little time.

Yep! I agree!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've been listning to my radio all day and it was just now on the Fox News station.

This is getting very interresting.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusions

Making threats against the government WE THE PEOPLE put into office? Blame yourselves. Especially the people that don't bother to VOTE!

Yes! Threats suck! Hey, I know, Maybe if you have a copy of the threats the haters made, we can show the annoying non-voters how lame they are? That would be cool!

Ummm...OK. First off..calm down.

...Yes, the letter did not specify a particular form of violence, but look at this way..

If a fringe, angry group, lets say the KKK or Black Panthers, sent you a personal letter accusing you of treason and telling you that you had 3 days to vacate your home or they would "remove you"...would you see that as a threat?

Just because the letter didn't specify "how" doesn't mean the letter is not threatening....

Just my 2 cents.

BTW the story is making the rounds AP etc. Even if the FBI wanted to let it slide, they have little choice now...they have to CYA and they will run a full investigation and start scoping over the membership to see if there are any folks on extremists watchlists, past convictions involving violence etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah, I'd love to see these 'Elder Members' (hahahah) just TRY and enforce that silly rant/letter.

Yeah! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Like they think that citizens have any right to tell the public servents how to run the country! What a bunch of silllies! Ha ha ha...

No worries there! When the government forces these sillies to pay for the government health care I'm sure the government will make sure these silly folks are taking all thier meds if you know what I mean. LOL LOL LOL!

Hey! I really like your posts by the wayl Not hateful like some posts are.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
quick question what makes these guys think they can run the country better instead of this shouldnt we try to elect better public officals,kick wall street out and try to re-build america?not being a jerk just asking a real question

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yeah! Ha Ha Ha Ha! Like they think that citizens have any right to tell the public servants how to run the country! What a bunch of silllies! Ha ha ha...

No worries there! When the government forces these sillies to pay for the government health care I'm sure the government will make sure these silly folks are taking all thier meds if you know what I mean. LOL LOL LOL!

Hey! I really like your posts by the wayl Not hateful like some posts are.

Oy Vey. The Sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Well thing is though getting people to vote with clear minds and free of propaganda is difficult, these people are backed by an unlimited amount of funds from lobbyists.

So basically this pretty much is rebuilding America, back to the original constitution.

99% or more of our representatives are associated with a lobbyist and or has committed an oath based crime. Their choice is to immediately correct themselves, or other wise be removed from office where as they have NO right to hold false representation of the masses.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As long as this does not become violent in my opnion this is a win..The fact that it is getting mainstream coverage. I think the american people are angry they are looking for something to get behind. If people take the time to find the org behind this they will see there not all that extreme and carry alot of the sentiment of the amercan people at this point.

So hopefully this is nothing more then away of getting the american peoples attention. Now we just have to keep it and show them the truth about whats going on in and to this country.

I honestly dont think the MSM can keep a hat on the truth behind this one.
Smear it anyway they can but i think this will gain momentum. The american people are angry and broke..While Companys we bailed out are still giving record bonuses to execs..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So basically this pretty much is rebuilding America, back to the original constitution.

Understood but my wife is a seminole and i am african american we both have recently been discharged from the army i did 14 years and she 9..where does this put us she is worried she thinks restoring back to the original puts me back in slavery and her being put on the trail of tears...it sounds a bit far fetched but you gotta give some thought to why she thinks this way my question is where do we as minorities stand in this event??????

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Understood but my wife is a seminole and i am african american we both have recently been discharged from the army i did 14 years and she 9..where does this put us she is worried she thinks restoring back to the original puts me back in slavery and her being put on the trail of tears...it sounds a bit far fetched but you gotta give some thought to why she thinks this way my question is where do we as minorities stand in this event??????

With a bit of luck, this time around you might actually get 40 acres and mule and not have to wait more than 100 years before you sit where you want to on a bus.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

My heartache is where do i side i love my country and the armed services answer to the prez.where do i lay my allegiance what side do i choose or as my wife recommends be neutral...tis truly a soul tearing choice

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Ummm...OK. First off..calm down.

...Yes, the letter did not specify a particular form of violence, but look at this way..

If a fringe, angry group, lets say the KKK or Black Panthers, sent you a personal letter accusing you of treason and telling you that you had 3 days to vacate your home or they would "remove you"...would you see that as a threat?

Just because the letter didn't specify "how" doesn't mean the letter is not threatening....

Just my 2 cents.

BTW the story is making the rounds AP etc. Even if the FBI wanted to let it slide, they have little choice now...they have to CYA and they will run a full investigation and start scoping over the membership to see if there are any folks on extremists watchlists, past convictions involving violence etc.

Replace "KKK or Black Panthers" with "Bank of America or CitiBank" and change "treason" with "not making your payment on time".

Would you still agree with your own logic?

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

maybereal11 quote... Ummm...OK. First off..calm down.!

Huh? What are you referring to?

(I just had a little chuckle thinking about a frantic guy barging into a quiet room yelling for everyone to calm down. Tee hee. Thanks)

...Yes, the letter did not specify a particular form of violence, but look at this way...!

The other guy that I agree with said that there were threats. What violence are you talking about?

Can you be more specific as to the details of this example situation?

For instance if I were lets say the maid for the Black Panthers headquarters and I moved all my stuff into their building and started living there like it was mine and started running the Black Panther Organization without concern for the Black Panthers wishes, Hmmmm...

Yep! I agree with you! Who do they think they are! You are right! I wouldn't give up a cushy gig like that even if they had some old lawful mumbo jumbo silly paper! You are right!

Can you define how you are referring to the word threat? Merrium Webster gives several definitions of the word threat. (There is likely a legaleze definition as well.)

for instance, if you are using the word "Threat" in this manner...
"Mirium Webster definition 3. an indication of something impending -the sky held a threat of rain"

then it appears that there was indeed a threat! I must agree with you again!

Just my 2 cents.

Okay, Thanks! Hope that doesn't leave you short.

Wait a minute...According to what we just agreed upon, that last quote sounds suspiciously like a threat.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can I just share this?

FBI Investigates Guardians of Free Republic for Violating Fed Law Against Unsolicited Faxes

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The way the media is playing this out as extremism has pushed me too far, along with the HCR, and many other things. I am a Sovereign Citizen, a Free Spirit, pledge signed. William Wallace scream, "FREEDOM!!!..." The end.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Can I just share this?

FBI Investigates Guardians of Free Republic for Violating Fed Law Against Unsolicited Faxes

No you can't. Apparently pointing out the FBI is involved is percieved by some a "threat". I am going to leave this loony thread to the the "Oath Keepers"...enjoy the revolution.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join