It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America perpaires for war on Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
US invades mexico

Secure the mexican country

clean up their government

Add it to the USA

Everyone is happy

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk
US invades mexico

Secure the mexican country

clean up their government

Add it to the USA

Everyone is happy

Um... except the drug cartels who will cause you plenty of trouble. You can't even take care of the "uncivilized" Middle East. Mexico has 2 times more people than Iraq and Afghanistan combined and more money to fight for their country.

On top of this, maybe America should be more focused on cleaning up YOUR government.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
So now you want a WAR with Mexico...not on the drug cartels...but on the country of MEXICO???

I'm just guessing here...but you really didn't think this through...did you?

I could point out all the flaws in your thinking...but why really?

I guess you should just go kill all those "wetbacks" (his words in another thread...not mine)...right???

Yeah I've noticed his angle as well. I don't do much replying but I do read every post on the threads I visit and it seems to me the OP falls into a category. This isn't about securing borders or any of that touchy-feely crap. It's about getting even. Lets kills us some wetbacks right? I would be fine with him spewing his ignorance if he wasn't such a hypocrite. Say whats on your mind... no matter if people judge you, odds are many already do.

The US has a way of fixing this problem by legalizing drugs. I read his posts on gun rights. If you can trust a backwards redneck with a gun you can trust a backwards redneck with drugs. They're are both equally stupid and equally dangerous. But its not about that, is it? It's about money and leverage.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

while we're invading Mexico we might as well invade canada
How does Empire of America sound? i think its got a nice ring to it

I figured getting rid of the drug cartels was a given with my proposition

and as seeing this topic is about discussing the mexico problem and not our government problem i think your in the wrong place

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You guys that say legalize drugs in America as a way of solving all these problems are very naive and really have no clue what motivates these drug cartels and drug violence. You think all of a sudden US farmers and citizens having the right to grow their own pot, manufacture their own coc aine and produce their own heroin is going to make all the violence go away?
These drug cartels HATE competition. THEY KILL their competition to maintain their monopoly. Don't think for a second that 60 year old farmer that wants to get in on the cash crop that would be marijuana wouldn't be shot dead in his field. You think legalization of drugs is going to stop people that behead their own police chiefs and throw people in vats of acid? Boy some of you really need to quit the drugs yourself and open your eyes and do a little research. Legalizing drugs will not stop this violence. Only an arse tight border and the ability of the Mexican government to crackdown on these cartels will.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Actually it sounds to me like you're the ignorant one. Legalizing Marijuana in THE STATES would go a long way to starving these cartels and curbing violence. While the cartels may be able to mess with farmers in Mexico, they'd have a much harder time doing so in the states. If it were legal here, then they'd have the backing of the U.S. military to farm as they wish without fear of retribution.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
You guys that say legalize drugs in America as a way of solving all these problems are very naive and really have no clue what motivates these drug cartels and drug violence. You think all of a sudden US farmers and citizens having the right to grow their own pot, manufacture their own coc aine and produce their own heroin is going to make all the violence go away?
These drug cartels HATE competition. THEY KILL their competition to maintain their monopoly. Don't think for a second that 60 year old farmer that wants to get in on the cash crop that would be marijuana wouldn't be shot dead in his field. You think legalization of drugs is going to stop people that behead their own police chiefs and throw people in vats of acid? Boy some of you really need to quit the drugs yourself and open your eyes and do a little research. Legalizing drugs will not stop this violence. Only an arse tight border and the ability of the Mexican government to crackdown on these cartels will.

Hahaha. As if the farmers who grow anything in the States work for themselves. They are slaves to big companies, and in the world big companies are stronger than gangs, even armies. You have a very simple way of looking at things. Obviously private corporations would be the ones cashing in on all the drugs being sold. Much like the ones being sold now legally. It's just that right now everyone is lining their pockets with tax free money on both sides of the border. You can't seriously think the cartels are the ones calling the shots. Its a chain of command US government-Mexican government-Drug Cartels. As for the farmers, I don't doubt that a company like monsanto would be controlling them.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Wrong the Mexicans were afraid to cross the borders! The Navajo claimed the land and were very possessive of their land. That little fairy tale is a another myth to distract the people in Mexico from their problems.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by LurkerMan

You have no clue what you are talking about. Mexican gangs are ALL OVER the United States. They have decimated rural American towns. Go to any small farming community and they are all over the place ESPECIALLY CALIFORNIA! I live here in CA and I know. I travel all over the state. Fresno had a HUGE gang problem in the 90's..early 2000's. Look at California prisons.........they are overflowing with mexican gang members. This isn't gloom and doom and fear mongering IT IS FACT!

And to the other poster............HELL YEAH......we should declare war on Mexico.........screw them........Mexico city is one of the most populace cities in the world........they should start drafting people into the Mexican military to deal with this cartel violence........the Mexican government is sitting on their hands partly because they are so damn corrupt themselves......

simply put, you dont know anything about me. however i was born and raised and currently reside in california.

apparently you either cannot read, or you cannot logically build/comprehend the context of a sentence. i was speaking of the FOREIGN CARTELS, the same foreign cartels that THE REST OF THE THREAD IS CURRENTLY DISCUSSING.

nowhere did anybody mention domestic gangs, now they may all be the same to you...but to a police officer there is a huge difference between an American citizen who is a gang member, and a FOREIGN gang member.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

GANGS OF ILLEGALS!! EVer hear of MS13????????????????

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If the country could actually UNITE for once, and conclude the best way to solve the invasion of the drug cartel is to completely BAN their products....I mean -- not a leaf, stem, or seed --they wouldn't have a reason to continue fighting over American business, would they?

Anybody see that happening?

Edit to add: And for you *smug* Canadians, doesn't it usually pass through here on the way to...there?

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

GANGS OF ILLEGALS!! EVer hear of MS13????????????????

Ummm MS13 is a gang from El Salvador and have nothing to do with Mexican cartels or Mexican people to my knowledge. Have 'YOU' ever heard of MS13???????????

[edit on 4/2/2010 by 3vilscript]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Have to remember, the once Southern Western States of America were Mexican. The United States gained them, via a treaty, after the American - Mexican War.

War will not occur, yet. In the next 10 years, the drug cartels will become a liberation movement and take up arms, in the name of the growing Mexican population in the South States.

Treaty Hell!

As for the border with Texas, we shot plenty of mexican soldiers for that border!

Nuff said.

Next Mexican military chopper crosses Texas airspace needs to get dropped! POST HASTE!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yikes! Somebody gets killed in every one of your posts!

A peaceful resolution might be found if we could unite and agree on one.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

If only it could be so...
But I still remember the elderly couple who found themselves victims of a home invasion, beaten, tied, car stolen and thankfully dumped... a couple hundred miles from home. it could have been much worse for the great grandmother... but those smugglers only wanted their car because customs wouldn't be looking for a car with US plates...

I know it's hard for people who don't live here to understand. but to be fair if you really want to see how bad it really is, please come visit, I'll drive you around and introduce to folks who have much worse stories than I could ever invent. maybe we'll slip across the border so you can witness first hand what's coming...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

If only it could be so...
But I still remember the elderly couple who found themselves victims of a home invasion, beaten, tied, car stolen and thankfully dumped... a couple hundred miles from home. it could have been much worse for the great grandmother... but those smugglers only wanted their car because customs wouldn't be looking for a car with US plates...

I know it's hard for people who don't live here to understand. but to be fair if you really want to see how bad it really is, please come visit, I'll drive you around and introduce to folks who have much worse stories than I could ever invent. maybe we'll slip across the border so you can witness first hand what's coming...

So you think the only way to solve this is if Americans arm themselves and start killing Mexicans? I understand the frustration some of the victims might feel. But I was once jumped by a group of whites on the street they beat me up with sticks and stole my money and if it were not for another white person walking by they might have even killed me (I'm Mexican by the way.) Not once after have I been afraid of all white people, or have had any hard feelings to them in general. And yet the feeling I get from some of your posts(not yours particularly, but included) is of anger and maybe even some hate for Mexicans in general. Hell Zosynspiracy has said to just "declare war on Mexico screw them." We all know what happens when the US goes to war. They shoot first and ask questions later. What you are gonna have is many dead innocent Mexicans and the same corrupt system sustained by the US government. But as long as we cant see it in the US it's ok. Out of sight out of mind, right?

[edit on 4/2/2010 by 3vilscript]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

A peaceful resolution might be found if we could unite and agree on one.

Heres my peaceful resolution: Tell mexico if they don't get their # together we're gonna blow them half to hell (of course we don't actually do it)

And if they refuse we'll just say we were just kidding we would never do such a thing and all would eat ice cream and laugh at each others jokes...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Mexican drug cartels start fight with Mexican military

www.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Something else you are all over looking is that branches of the Mexican military are working their asses off to fix this problem while the cartels have the latest weapons and technology. I read somewhere that they have UAV's even capable of launching missiles. Can't remember where I read it. Where are all these guns coming from. I see the Mexican military in most pics carrying G3's and most gangsters have full tactical gear armor and tech.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I agree these type incidences should not be permitted to continue.

The government absolutely has to step up and decide and IMPLEMENT
a plan to deal with these problems.

But, just so you'll know....there is an area of my town we call the "westside". There are people there who will kill you for a six pack of beer, and they aren't Mexicans.

But I do understand it is beyond frustrating, and I don't know how much more the government expects you to take before taking matters into your own hands. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Oh, by the way I have been to Juarez (for a day, and was picked up from the sidewalk for "my own safety", by a police officer, and minutes later was happy he "got me") and El Paso, but a while back, before all this mess escalated to where it is now. And I've been to Santa Fe, and Albuqerque too, where I see you are. Beautiful places. But..enough of my travels. lol.

But I do agree it has to stop. There needs to be a solution soon, before citizens do start taking matters into their own hands.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join