It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America perpaires for war on Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Please note this is my personal opinion based on current news and reports from both sides of the border... what is disturbing is every word of it is echoed in hundreds of town halls all across the country right now!

While the pleas from American citizens in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and California fall on deaf ears in Washington, DC, the violence and crime at the U.S.-Mexico border continues unabated. The response from homeland security has been a promise to provide cell phone service to rural ranchers... and the warning not to go into remote places alone...

This is hardly earth-shattering news since it was a couple of years ago drug cartels first placed a $200,000 dollar bounty of federal agents and drug sniffing dogs along the border. No surprise the Mexican-based Barrio Azteca gang is retaliating for a recent sweep targeting its thugs for murdering two Americans at the U.S. Consulate Juarez and now his placed a hit order against all police officers there in El Paso. We all know the Phoenix AZ had over 550 cartel related kidnappings last year. that's old news...

What is a surprise is yesterday The Mexican secretary of national defense says nearly a thousand weapons were seized from suspected cartel members this week, they may have been headed to the US...

They included armored cars, grenade launchers, rockets, homemade explosives, 60 guns, nearly 13,000 rounds of ammo, and more than 115 grenades. In addition to that, 27 vehicles used in cartel attacks, the Mexican army short of supplies as pressed all those arms and vehicles into service.

It may startle you to learn that their troops are already well embed in this country. Nearly 1 million criminally active gang-bangers representing about 20,000 street gangs in more than 2,500 cities sold drugs in the U.S. for Mexican cartels last year. Gangs that take their orders directly for Mexican cartels and have little to no fear of American Law Enforcement.

A google news search turned up 286 news stories about calls to tighten security while a growing number of police officers and civilians on the US-Mexico border are increasing their firepower. They do so not just because of the murdered rancher in AZ. but also on the heels or reports of Drug gangs in Mexico having attacked two army bases in a serious escalation in the country's drug war. So is it official, do they have an all out civil war going on?

New Mexico has turned out its National Guard troops to protect our citizens but the first attacks may come from deep in the heartland of US soil. we have learned that drug cartels are buying lists of Americans who have visited Mexico in recent years. did you go for a family vacation, honeymoon, spring break? if you did and stayed in a hotel there's a good chance a cartel now has your home address!

You may wonder, are these drug lords taking Americans for ransom or hostages? the answer is maybe? right now the FBI is searching for a missing SD family and another from Fallbrook calif. No it may not be Along the border where the first shoots are fired... the chances are just as great it could happen in LA, Los Vegas, Chicago, Miami, or Atlanta.

Given the fact they just caught a 94 year old woman attempting to smuggle more than 10 pounds of marijuana strapped to her butt... would you know who to look at and say they are harmless, or not?

Nothing major has been done yet, but when congress returns from spring break expect big things. Hopefully the cartels don't make their move before then??? but we locals aren't waiting, we continue to arm ourselves because we know with each passing day we get closer to fighting for our lives.

More News here

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
the only thing more dangerous than the mexican border is the treacherous swine we have for politcians. im lookin at you juan mcamnesty and lindsey grahamnesty.

its getting ridiculous to watch the government doing backflips to keep from enforcing the border.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Funny thing is the Mexicans are better at exploiting the American government than our native born citizens are.

Eventually the government will find a way to let them vote here too.

Amnesty for illegals now!

Or at least before the next election.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Have to remember, the once Southern Western States of America were Mexican. The United States gained them, via a treaty, after the American - Mexican War.

War will not occur, yet. In the next 10 years, the drug cartels will become a liberation movement and take up arms, in the name of the growing Mexican population in the South States.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

you can add all the major news providers to your list too...ABC, CBS, Time or Newsweek ... they should be crying the loudest, warning Americans of the danger their in but what do we get... Advice on the Easter egg coloring... What church the Obama's will be visiting on sunday... not there is a lot of names to add to your list

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm going to be honest. America has many more problems than the Mexican border. If anything, that kind of war would just be a distraction from what's really wrong with the country. And what do you think the war will do to its other alliances. Canada is part of NATO. How do you think Canada will react? There are already enough problems in America and a war like this would just cause more.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
negative , blue ranger....
the powers of evil don't have that on their list. what they have is just letting the drug cartels and their buddies run loose till 2016 .! when it all ends

[edit on 2-4-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Not going to happen! I'm in Texas. Do you realize how many prideful citizens armed to the teeth are in this state?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

So what do you suggest?
Bury our heads in the sand and let 20 million Mexican refugees march into this country with the cartels right behind ready to spread their street war into our front yards?
oh wait, that's already happened...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

The drug war used to be a metaphor. Now its killing thousands of people every single year in gunfight battles. Sad really. Of course by looking at what happened during the alcohol prohibition era it should have been entirely obvious this would happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
With all sincerity, I doubt the U.S. will be going to war with Mexico in our lifetime. Our military has been overstretched for so long now with operations abroad it's not even funny.

As far as illegal immigration goes, yes there is a problem. However, throwing up a wire fence and threatening to shoot people who try to cross is not the answer to what is undoubtedly a highly complex problem.

I've never understood why some people think violence, rhetorical or otherwise, is the magic solution for all our nation's ills.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh trust me, it will.

After all Mexican school children are taught it's their land. Don't expect the media to mention the historical factors. Even the Mexican government knows and freely perpetuate Santa Fe de Nuevo México (New Mexico) and Las Californias (California and Nevada, today) as Mexican, why else are they relaxed on illegal immigration into America and demanded amnesty?

(Texan independence was recognised as a revolution, but the other states were stolen unfairly, according to Mexico)

And here is the most significant fact, why no one has already taken up violence and might not need to: birthrates.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I live in Ohio we have a huge Mexican Gang problem, not only that but the Black gangs are starting to attack the Mexicans leading to more Violence. THe Crack troops from MS-13 are starting to target the Suburbs. A couple weeks ago I was involved in a shoot out with Gang bangers as they tried to brake into my home. The Major News groups diddnt cover it, There REFUSING to cover it.... War is coming to the states in one way shape or form...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So now you want a WAR with Mexico...not on the drug cartels...but on the country of MEXICO???

I'm just guessing here...but you really didn't think this through...did you?

I could point out all the flaws in your thinking...but why really?

I guess you should just go kill all those "wetbacks" (his words in another thread...not mine)...right???

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i think the OP is exaggerated.

and i think all of the stuff about them planning to come here is made up. from what i understand those "cartel" folks don't find much refuge on this side of the border.

i mean sure people coming here to live seem to do it just find. but those guys cant pull off all the nonsense they do in MX here. there's a few reports of stuff in border towns but thats nothing new. its quite a vast difference in comparison.

not saying that in a few years they might build up enough strength to change that mindset...could very well happen.

but as for right now.. its not like how your making it out to be...at least not in California.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Question. Why did you intentionally misspell PREPARES??? I see this as a signal/trigger for a specific group of individuals. Would you care to share your tactics with those who know how to use a dictionary?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

You have no clue what you are talking about. Mexican gangs are ALL OVER the United States. They have decimated rural American towns. Go to any small farming community and they are all over the place ESPECIALLY CALIFORNIA! I live here in CA and I know. I travel all over the state. Fresno had a HUGE gang problem in the 90's..early 2000's. Look at California prisons.........they are overflowing with mexican gang members. This isn't gloom and doom and fear mongering IT IS FACT!

And to the other poster............HELL YEAH......we should declare war on Mexico.........screw them........Mexico city is one of the most populace cities in the world........they should start drafting people into the Mexican military to deal with this cartel violence........the Mexican government is sitting on their hands partly because they are so damn corrupt themselves......

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is really some frightening stuff. When I was in the Army back in the late '80s, I was stationed at Fort Bliss for a few years. Even when visiting Juarez to bar-hop with a group of buddies I was watching my back the whole time. Now I hear that in the last 2 years Juarez has had nearly 4,000 murders. Could that be true? That many? I'm glad I don't live in El Paso anymore, although I did like living there at the time. It's not as much of a craphole as some people think.

I live outside of Memphis, across the Mississippi stateline. Memphis had been devolving into a craphole the last 20 years, and the Mexican problem is just getting worse here, too. I've got a friend who lives in a neighborhood that was once pleasant--now it's been overrun my Mexicans and the gang problems are bad. I've been trying to convince him to move for the last 10 years, and these days he's seriously thinking about it but his money situtation is preventing it right now. He's stuck, and I fear for his family everyday.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I don't doubt much of what you say. I don't doubt that a war is possible, perhaps even inevitable, but what I doubt is that Mexico will succeed. There's just too many hardcore rednecks around here that won't allow that to happen. I'd stand to bet that more than half the people I know would sign up for the Texas military forces if they knew a war with Mexico was imminent. I'm off to Argentina in a years time anyways, so no worries from me.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Patriot

Yeah but where do you expect your friend to move? That's the whole point. I mean my god of all places TN is being overrun with Mexicans? LMAO! Where's he going to move to....Canada? The US government needs to put a damn stop to this. The government you served proudly and others continue to serve............that's what I don't understand. All you guys who are serving a corrupt and tyrannical government. I mean they send you guys off to war to protect their interests and the interests or corporate America in the name of keeping America safe yet your families back here in the states are NOT safe. Our country is being overrun. and the government doesn't do # about it. The people try to do something about it and they are hamstrung by the government. It's ridiculous. I don't want to open a can of worms or hijack this thread but that's why sometimes I really don't support the troops collectively..........as individuals of course......but collectively the US military should be home protecting our nation first and foremost. The National Guard isn't going to do crap. They aren't the same thing as combat hardened Marines or Army. Yes I know many have fought honorably in Iraq and A'stan. but still. Those aren't the ones the US is sending to the border.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join