It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good websites to find training ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am curiuos as to if there are any good websites that offer training on survival? I served 10 years in the army, and fought in desert storm, but I also realize that there is always more to learn.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGhost

Without knowing just what it is you want to learn and keeping in mind your Army training I'm going to suggest you start at one of the oldest sitesThe Mother Earth News

and if you dont mind taking advice from a Devil Dog then you can go check out my
US Marine Corps - MWTC Winter Survival Course Handbook.pdf
Click here to download

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thanks, DaddyBare! I have the Mother Earth News saved, as well as the Family handyman www.rd.com... . Also have the Citizens Corps saved as well www.citizencorps.gov... But I have noticed that CERT training and other "prepper" training is sorely lacking in my community, which is why I'm looking for good sites on line. My family is now into dehydrating foods, and we are also growing our own garden.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGhost
I am curiuos as to if there are any good websites that offer training on survival? I served 10 years in the army, and fought in desert storm, but I also realize that there is always more to learn.

There are several but we're really not allowed on this site to list other sites. I think some of the members link other sites when they get permission first. Look at people's links and remember...google is (occasionally) your friend.

Best of luck to you.

new topics

top topics

join