It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida doctor tells Obama voters to ’seek care elsewhere’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Our Family doctor recently told his Medicaid, Medicare patients he was no longer excepting that insurance. He said he would continue to see his current patience. Half of the Medicare/Medicaid patients left his practice.

That has been going on for years in our community,

And as far as their doctors oath,

They deny you care at most of our clinics if you don't have insurance, unless you can pay cash up front,

I don't know where you all live, but my state sucks.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Medicare and Medicaid have some new rules and more paperwork that some doctors don't want to be bothered with. That's their prerogative.

Personally, if I were a man I wouldn't want someone so obviously bigoted anywhere near my urinary tract. I would be glad his ridiculous sign served as due warning of his mental shortcomings.

BTW: my husband has Medicare and we have never had any trouble finding doctors who are both qualified and willing to take him.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How is he so obviously bigoted? Man, didn't take long for the race card to play on this one. When you reach in my pocket, I don't care if you're purple, I'm not gonna be happy. He didn't say, since you voted for a blaack man, he didn't mention race at all. If the best arguement people have when someone dislikes what Obama does is to play the race card, it's prettty pathetic. Actually though, in some ways it has helped curb some of the PC BS, as it's lost quite a bit of it's meaning.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me as I am a resident of this state as well. I didn't vote for the guy but if you call yourself a Dr. and you put stupid stuff like this on your door I hope it would ward off most critically thinking patients.

I hope he loses everything, not bc I like Obama, but just because I know "the type".

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
he knows he is going to get screwed... Good for him. What People don't understand in most socialized countries, Medical Doctors go to school for free. So they are not putting themselves is 200,000 dollars worth of debt. So how are we going to get Quality doctors, when no body is going to want to go to school for a PHD, If they can never pay it off.
My fiance is a Lawyer and she is dirt poor, Doctors and Lawyers have years and years of mass debt to pay off, how are they going to pay for school, In a government run system? when They are not making nearly as much money.

See that's the thing. The bill that just passed is not going to effect the doctor's pay. Most people just hate this bill because of all the negative hype certain news stations broadcasted about it. That will all blow over in time.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
This "doctor" needs his medical license revoked immediately.

Politics should have nothing to do with health care... Hang on, who started this?

Can't tell if this was sarcasm or not, but if you really believe politics should have nothing to do with healthcare...

Then there shouldn't have been a healthcare bill passed by the government in the first place, should there?

Generally, when people are talking about politics being a part of something, they are talking about political agreements/disagreements between the two major parties. So, in that situation the government being involved in the matter is not bad. The political deals which must be made in order to pass something like this is the negative part of the situation.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Or Health insurance companies shouldn't have high powered lobbyists to sway greedy politicians. Or is that just free enterprise?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by whaaa]

This is very true.

I realize that this may be opposed to your ideas; however, I do not believe that health care should be in the hand of for-profit businesses. The solo reason that they exist is to make a profit, not make sure people are healthy. I also realize, that the reason some people prefer a for-profit businesses to control their health care, is because strongest alternative is for the government to run health care.

I have no better alternatives to this situation. The for-profit companies having lobbyists to smooth over their legal abilities dose not help the situation.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Styki]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
*This is a copy of what I said in another thread like this one*

Good, I appreciate him putting everything out in the open. If that doctor doesn't want my money, then I will find another one that does. I could really care less if this doctor willingly sends his customer's away. In a few years when the hype is over, I hope they remember this.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The problem with this healthcare legislation is not that reform was not needed. It was! The problem was it does not cover the most serious causes for rising insurance and medical costs. Where is portability? Where is the tort reform?

My cardiologist pays a quarter of a million dollars for malpractice insurance and is so distressed about this bill that he is contemplating retirement.

Also, why couldn't Obama and the d's pass the legislation without all of the smarmy deals with their own legislators, their union backers and Big Pharma? They own the guvmint. The r's are a distinct toothless minority.

Why are we incorporating a massive entitlement program when we have some 17% unemployed or underemployed and in the middle of a deep recession?

And...most importantly when did our feds ever run any program as well as private business? Do you know any government employees? Do you feel comfortable with entrusting your medical care to them?

Who is going to pay for this monstrosity? When do we stop the cradle to grave nanny state attitude of the sheeple?

This brave doctor will be villified for his stance. I say to him--Right on! He will pay the price for his actions but I presume he has thought it out and did it anyway. Maybe if we would all be so brave we could rein in our corrupt officials instead of panting like little house puppies begging for our next treat.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrampsLEn

Who is going to pay for this monstrosity? When do we stop the cradle to grave nanny state attitude of the sheeple?

Perhaps the same people that are paying for this monstrosity.

costofwar.com...

Where were you when this war monstrosity started? Out calling the people that new this war was a cradle to the grave payment to the war profiteers like haliburton, Blackwater, etc.

Were you calling them traitors and communist and Bush haters?

That's my bet!!

Maybe if we would all be so brave we could rein in our corrupt officials instead of panting like little house puppies begging for our next treat.

Where were you when the corrupt officials were ratcheting up to war? Panting like a house puppy at your shrine to Bush/Cheney. Waving your flag made in China.

Thats my bet!!

Hey Grampa, welcome to ATS. Keep copy and pasting from the Limbaugh letter and expect to get pwnd over and over.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Who the hell cares what this jackass urine doc does? He is just upset because he has to let his employees breast feed now.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, that was a bit uncalled for, waaah. How do you know what I am thinking or was thinking or my positions on the war? If I do not agree with you then I hold all of the positions you mention? This is ATS...maybe you're a psychic...no? You seem to be an insecure nasty little man waaah. You have been blocked. When you reach legal voting age let me know and I will reinstate you.

Gramps

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
then i better not hear this "Doctor" complaining when he's unemployed

also - doesn't this go against the Hippocratic oath?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
i guess people cant read.......

this dude is a urologist for one

secondly hes made it clear that he isnt going to turn anyone way if they are need of medical attention

the only thing this doctor has done is made a political statement.

the end.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
When the National health Service was introduced in the U.K. some doctors rebelled in this way, but most of them fell into line in a few years.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Is the main objection to Obama's hcr about higher taxes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join