It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious Dr. Li, the man who brought the American economy to it's knees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In ohter words, we have economic terrorism.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I posted this thread after hearing an interview with Mike Huckabee. Since the mortgage meltdown was happening at about the same time, perhaps Huckabee was right! It was just that no one had managed to dig deep enough at the time.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Your absolutly right, JP Morgan certialnly isn't void of blame. They were drooling over the money they thought they would make off an essentially bad investment. I probably should have named the thread ...the man who HELPED bring the American economy to it's knees.

-E-

[edit on 3-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by ArMaP

Your absolutly right, JP Morgan certialnly isn't void of blame. They were drooling over the money they thought they would make off an essentially bad investment.

It wasn't an essentially bad investment strategy, it worked very well for almost a decade.

I probably should have named the thread ...the man who HELPED bring the American economy to it's knees.

Except, the subprime crisis didn't bring the US to it's knees.

I understand that you'd like to be able to pin the crisis on a specific person, but unfortunately it was a set of different issues that brought down the economy.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by aaa2500]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
reply to post by MysterE

I've read another article mentioning some woman at Morgan Stanley, but it was a different derivatives instrument, linked to debt, mortgage.

You might be referring to Blythe Masters , also from the house of JP Morgan. Masters is credited as the inventor of the synthetic CDO and the far more prolific and problematic CDS. I think it's safe to speculate that without the introduction of CDS insurance as a hedge against bond default , investor appetite for exotic mortgage derivatives would have been minimized.

Dr. Li and his contribution to computerized risk modeling was but a small cog in a much larger wheel powered by shear greed...greed amongst those that designed these complex securities...the agencies that rated them...the investment banks that sold them...and the investors who bought them.

In my opinion , Li' work pales by comparison to that of the Nobel Laureate quant geeks at Long Term Capital Management...basically mathematicians with little understanding of market dynamics , designing computer models based upon faulty assumptions.

What is Blythe Masters up to today ?

Woman Who Invented Credit Default Swaps is One of the Key Architects of Carbon Derivatives, Which Would Be at the Very CENTER of Cap and Trade

Full Text

Dr. Li was an employee/underling for the most powerful investment bank on the planet...but hey...makes sense to scapegoat the foreigner , off shoring is something we're good at.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by OBE1]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It seems to be known were he went:

Li since moved to Beijing, where he heads the risk management department for the China International Capital Corp., a major investment bank. He has not commented on the meltdown or his role in it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BetweenTheLine
If any of you see this as anything other than anti Chinese propaganda then you need to re evaluate what is being said here.

I'll sum it up for you, "it wasn't the US, it was them damn commie reds"

yea..

Yeah, although I detest the PRC I do like the people and their rich history and culture.

But yeah, you are kind of right. It does seem to be halfway unfounded to connect this directly to China's fault.

China is losing alot from this in the first place.

I think the big Banking Institutions just exploited this guy's mathematical theories and used them for their agenda.

Blaming Dr Li for all of this is inaccurate. He was just a PAWN in the game of Chess!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Hmm Li is the Illuminati bloodline of China I believe? While this may be a factor of some kind. The basis of the thread is still that stupid people make mistakes and we suffer the consequences. I don't believe that's at all correct. I believe the NWO orchestrate. Now they may utilize someone or infiltrate someone or use someone as misdirection, but the stage is scripted.

Actually the surname Li can be seen as "David"/"Paul" in the Western sense since it's a very popular surname. Currently 7% of the Chinese population use it and about 100 million total worldwide use it. It's a stretch to even say 1% of those people are of "Illuminati bloodline".

Like many other popular Chinese surnames, Li is also culturally and genetically diverse. Throughout history many tribes and groups took Li as their family name for various reasons, such as honoring Tang Dynasty whose royal family took Li as their family name, attempting to avoid prosecution/turmoils or sinicization to better integrate with the society, etc.

It's also a very ancient name that can be traced back to the Spring and Autumn Period (2700 years ago, long before the Rothschilds, etc.). In fact one of the first recorded Li in history was the creator of Taoism. Unless you would make a case that Taoism was created by the same TPTB that created/spread other philosophies/religions/secret societies such as Illuminati, it is very unlikely the Li surname, in its origin or in general, has any thing to do with Illuminati.

Just thought I should put something here alongside the Li bloodline theory.

Back to the topic. Any great system breakdown like this cannot be contributed to a single person. It is always a teamwork. Sure there are other members of the team that did more. But the general populace are still part of that demolition team.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by nighinfinite]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's the people who used his formula in greedy ways that #ed everything. Most people want a simple magical number; they see a formula without really understanding what it means; it's very important to understand the assumptions underlying the equation in order to understand the context. In this case, people got greedy and here it was, a nice equation that gave them a nice simple answer to a VERY COMPLICATED thing. And it #ed them. In this case, mainly people assumed that historical data can price CDS correctly. Basically all his equation did was a short-cut around the problem of figuring out correlations to a mind-bending number of relationship--and by giving a SINGLE MAGICAL NUMBER as the result! If I was a sane person, I would look at the math carefully. If I was greedy, I probably wanted this--magical formulas to make me a # load of money.

Also, please look up black swan events (theory):

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
He's an economic hitman. America is being attacked by them. Pretty obvious. Pretty big target, but our economy was weak enough on its own that it would have been easy to take down.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Note: I'm into conspiracy theories. I definitely am open minded to these things, to manipulation from behind the scenes. Black swan events could be random occurrences; but by their very definition, could also points to manipulation--conspiracy.

Another thing, is when people argue that society and systems are TOO BIG to be manipulated by a few. Which --I believe-- is wrong. Just from a conceptual point of view, if you look at things such as cellular automata (systems with simple rules which results in complex behavior), such that at the appropriate places simple interaction can affect complex changes through the whole system. Conversely, if you draw parallel to real-world system, I can definitely see people manipulate the system at the "right place and the right times." IE. change the system through simple interactions.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by __goc

Another thing, is when people argue that society and systems are TOO BIG to be manipulated by a few. Which --I believe-- is wrong. Just from a conceptual point of view, if you look at things such as cellular automata (systems with simple rules which results in complex behavior), such that at the appropriate places simple interaction can affect complex changes through the whole system. Conversely, if you draw parallel to real-world system, I can definitely see people manipulate the system at the "right place and the right times." IE. change the system through simple interactions.

Good point, I agree. Something I would add is that anyone can change the world and manipulate events. It is a matter of speaking the right ideas, the power of the word.

An idea is like a Genie in a bottle, once released it has the power to change the world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join