It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about time travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was watching a documentry the other night and they were talking about time travel, acording to the people on the documentry if you invent a time machine you today you could travel far into the future but could only travel back in time to the day you first made the time machine and no futher, but my question is what is time travel was perfected millions of years ago in a far corner of the univers far away from earth, would that mean that if we made a time machine to day we could travel back millions of years becaus time has already been traveld by an other race

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
good question. I guess if we were using the alien time machine and not our own construct then its possible

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I do not think thats true.

I like the thesis that the montauk story put forward. Its all very complicated and far more unclear than our minds can conceive.

The montauk series brought this idea to the fore, that you create a closed loop, and i think thats what you are saying too.

Go read the montauk series books and you will get alot of what your talking about.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I also dont belive this theory. This was theory was put forward by a mathmatician wasnt it?

he wanted to go back and see his father or something.

i saw that programme years ago too. and i dont think he's onto something.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I dont think you would be able to, mainly because its a technical question. Using THEIR time machine, yeah we could do it, but simply because they had already done it, wouldnt make our time machine any more valid. Its a question of relativity, as well as timing. Because as it is, retaliative to us, they would still be in the past, millions of years depending on the distance. In real space time, we could sync our watches with them, but as far as observing the effects of time travel on their planet; it would be very slow because of the distance the light would need to travel.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't know which documentary you're referring to, but..
This is not complicated at all.. the basic concept is very simple:

If something (a machine)... let's say.... can transmit you in the past, then you must have something in that past, that will recieve you.
So a transmitter/receiver device of some kind.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectSoporific-Tr-01

That may be, or you may be able to take the machine with you, ala "Back to the Future" or "Time Machine". Then since the machine is always with you, you can go back as far as you want.

But, this is all speculation since we don't have any time machines to test.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Two interviews from C2C:

First is Noory / Guest Andrew D. Basiago

Second is Host Art Bell / Guest Dr. David Andersen

If you believe their stories is up to you.
I'm not sure about it but since you are interested in the subject you might find them at least interesting.

The Iluna

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ya, I seen that documentry also...find a alien civilization that has had the time machine turned on for like a billion years already and ask to borrow their machine...go back a billion years and place a time machine on earth in a secure location (or perhaps on our moon) and voila...you got a billion year old time machine that we have access to.

I dont think you can send any physical matter through time machines, but I wouldn't be suprised if you could send information through via harmonics...so, might need a computer to intercept text messages or something similar

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I believe we are able to travel everywhere we like, into the future, into the past .....

the trick is to live in the NOW and let your subconsious mind do the work

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep, this idea of only being able to travel back to when the machine was invented doesn't wash with me. I suppose this comes from the idea that you could not travel in a car before the car was invented ... well you could travel, but not in something called a car. There are plenty of threads on here describing ancient "machines" for traveling. Now they were never called time machines, but they were never referred to as cars either. So where does that leave us ?? Debate ...

On the other hand there is also a thinking that says that everything happens at once and our brains slow it down in order to understand it, this is what we call time. If that is the situation then time travel is nothing more than slowing down the perception of time and just viewing or experiencing whenever you want. I don't know how to do this so please inform.

Good question OP

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

The theory you are talking about is based on each individual time machine. The limits for each time machine would be different. Every time machine would have a different build date and there fore a different travel limit. A machine built today would only be able to go back as far as today. One built next week would only be able to go back as far as next week and you could not use it to come back to day.

top topics

join