It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange star in phoenix sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
thought i would share my ufo story for you guys and see what ideas/explanations you can come up with.

A couple months ago during a slow night at work i was standing outside looking up into the sky. For the past few nights i caught a glimpse of a couple satellites and was testing my luck again in the very polluted phoenix night sky. I ran my eyes across a "star" which i had a very hard time recognizing if it was moving or not. I thought that maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me and it just looked like it was moving very slowly. So I starred at it for about 10 seconds to see if it was noticeably closer to any other stars. When i finally noticed that it was infact moving(though hardly any distance at all) it quickly speed up with a constant acceleration and faded out. As silly as it sounds it almost felt like the object knew i was looking at it then took off.

From the point i noticed its movement to its disappearance was about 4-5 seconds.

The event took place about the high noon position in the sky at about 9:30pm.

the distance the object traveled that i viewed was about the same distance from the top of the big dippers cup to the bottom.

other things to point out is Is it didn't noticeably fade out while it accelerated. The fading out part took no more than a second. The rest of the time it had a constant brightness. and it was a completely clear night..

Look forward to your feedback. thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
well belive or not but some stars do move. there is two wich you may have been looking at wich are a binary star system. it might seem to wobble as they move around each over. most of the time though they just seem to flash.

also we are rotating and moving though space, so you will notice that the stars indeed seem to be moving within a few seconds.

[edit: add interesting video]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SabreOne

A couple of years ago I posted my Los Angeles sighting of not one but 3 "stars" in a row that eventually sped off towards San Diego. It's reported once in a while worldwide.

NASA videos show similar stationary objects that also speed off.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by SabreOne

A couple of years ago I posted my Los Angeles sighting of not one but 3 "stars" in a row that eventually sped off towards San Diego. It's reported once in a while worldwide.

NASA videos show similar stationary objects that also speed off.

I've seen the same thing, but in ontario, they were incredibly bright, atleast 3x the brightness of sirius it was 3 of them also, in a seemingly straight line, and they sort of glided upwards until they faded out, was interesting but I didn't think much of it.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have also seen moving stars on more than one occasion over western Kentucky, however they do not appear to be as orb like as some reports I have read. Although tonight I saw one , in appearance it seemed much the same as the others I have watched only instead of only slight movement this one moved slowly across the sky at a high altitude but not in a perfectly straight line instead the motion was more choppy and uneven like a butterfly. I dont know what it may have been but it was strange.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i have seen two "stars" dancing around each other, they would rotate around each other creating a sort of circle in the sky and then intertwine in a sort of figure 8, and repeat, lasted about 10 minutes, i was about 6, no footage... i was 6, brother and sister were there, also not much older at the time. the "stars" were moving at incredible speeds in relativity, but i wouldn't say they were hard to keep track of, if that makes sense.
if anyone knows of something that explains this i'd love to know.

top topics

join