It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative leader tells donors to stop giving to RNC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- The head of an influential social conservative organization urged members and supporters Wednesday to stop donating to the Republican National Committee and instead contribute to its own coffers or to candidates with like-minded goals.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, made the plea in his "Washington Update" column posted on the organization's Web site following the revelation that the RNC paid for a night out at a risque Hollywood nightclub.

"I've hinted at this before, but now I am saying it -- don't give money to the RNC," Perkins said in his column. "If you want to put money into the political process, and I encourage you to do so, give directly to candidates who you know reflect your values.

I doubt if this is what the GOP wanted to hear coming from Mr. Perkins.
Does this make a third party candidate more viable now? Perhaps!
Go Jessie!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I would actually like to see people do this to both parties.

STOP GIVING THESE PEOPLE MONEY!

Give it to real people who want to really change government for the better. Stop giving it to the DNC, stop giving it to the RNC. Americans need to reject both parties.

Support real independent candidates, not phony baloney TPM Republicans, real independents.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I traditionally vote Conservative but I do NOT donate money to any political party and never have. I am 99% sure I will be voting against every single incumbent this coming election regardless what party they are in. If there is a 3rd party candidate as an option who isn't an incumbent then why not?

And the political ads have already started around here. Listening to them for the next 6+ months is going to be a real joy.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here is the possibilities

1) People will come around and eventually support the same ole same ole..maybe even get some republican president elected...maybe...so long as the whole tea party ideals disban and they go back to the current GOP.

2) People will dig in, and the tea party will become the new GOP...it will be just a namechange and there will be no RNC anymore..just the Tea party..but will have no actual differences

3) They will dig in, the old school/new school RNC will push a candidate forward, the TEA will push a candidate forward...Dems will win a few more elections until people notice that it is no longer a 2 party system...and the coffee party may even start factioning off and pushing people forward...eventually the 2 party system may become a 4 party system..wow, go figure...choice.

I would bet 2 bucks on the first one to happen though...its more important to win an election than it is to stand for something.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I don't think either major party cares if individuals contribute, now corporate contributions; now that's a different matter.

However 3rd parties probably need all the help they can get.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
All we need are liberal leaning fiscal conservatives in government.

But that ain't gonna happen.

On election day Americans everywhere can choose which level of corruption they are more comfortable with.

Republican or Democrat?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
All we need are liberal leaning fiscal conservatives in government.

But that ain't gonna happen.

On election day Americans everywhere can choose which level of corruption they are more comfortable with.

Republican or Democrat?

I could almost live with corruption but what I see being ushered in is "W" style fascism that will restrict travel, commerce, communication etc. that will make the Patriot Act look like an Easter Egg hunt. The neocons are laying low for now but they will find an opening and use it to regain power and continue the PNAC.

new topics

top topics

join