It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who dislike America's current stance...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We're still paying it back, I think the amount Britain paid back this year was somewhere in the region of �40 million. Not much, but the original amount will have been paid off long ago. Now we're left with that lovely thing called interest, which always seems too be unending. (For me anyway, I fu*king hate being in debt.)

[Edited on 5-3-2003 by kegs]

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is true, not I've finaly found evidence that nobody can answer though questions. Cold Anger is right, very very right ! The points he brought up are hard for people to answer. But they can say Iraq is a danger right ?

That's what I dislike about Americans, they never asks questions, they (most of them who are pro war) only repeat words from the media...

I wish that can be changed. Ask questions, though ones, very very though onces and don't sleep before getting true answers.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigeriS Ask questions, though ones, very very though onces and don't sleep before getting true answers.

...I would suggest getting *some* shuteye time...If you wait for the US government or US media to actually tell you the ungarnished truth, you'd *never* get any sleep...And even if you *did* get truthful answers, you'd *still* be lying awake at nights anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, there is no evidence that anyone is out to harm us, TigriS, we should all question everything that the president says and hinder any move he might make.
Yeah, whatever. I don't care what you hate about Americans, to be quite honest, if that is all you have to complain about. As a matter of fact, my complaint with Shrub and his administration is that he is trying to get everyone to go along with us. At this point my position is to the devil with those who hate us so badly they won't help us now, and remember them when they call upon us then. Hoe's that? Would that be better? Next time another Hitler comes along, maybe we Americans should question the rest of the world and forget about it. Worry about it when the move is toward us, and then nuke the crap out of the threat.
The obvious consequences are disasterous if we took that position, wouldn't agree? But still, the heck with those against us.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
TC, well I'm sorry, it may sound as if I hate Americans. I don't, in fact I believe that if you really really love America you should get rid of Bush. It's the arrogance and disrespect I see from some Americans. I know that it's different if you're American, but please try to understand that non Americans sees this very differently. I just see lot of "hate" from Americans to anyone having a different opinion. I mean where's the respect ?

For example Winston wrote :

Many of the more vocal detractors are what we may traditionally call "liberals" and a seeming vast sea of Europeans who are idiots of history

Unfortunately I don't have much time right now to give more examples why I think it's wrong to have such an attitude. But my point is that most people act as if Irak is such a big threat we must go to war. That doesn't make sense, there are other ways to solve things.

Also I think it's wrong to bring up WWII over and over again, like I said before in another thread, it wasn't only America who did it. Again you forget to mention the Canadians, Sovjets and Australians for example who helped too. Don't forget that 2 million peoples had to die first. Don't forget that American ancestors are mostly Europeans.

I'll tell more reasons why I dislike the Bush foreign policy when I have more time, I'm not done yet... but have to go.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
what i would like to know is......if Iraq is such a big threat to the rest of the world, why wasn't it last yr?
If sadamm is so bad why hasnt he been taken to the international criminal court? probably because if he did bush would have to go too, along with blair and powell etc etc.
when will americans realise that britain has been under terrorist threat for years..........when is bush gonna bomb my family in NI cos they have weapons of mass destruction?
when is america going to adhere to the very treaty they are saying saddamm is not adhearing to?
are bombs weapons of MASS destruction? why is it ok when US and Brit use em against defenceless ppl?
how would you feel if we bombed the crap out of the US cos YOU STILL HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS
also when is there a justifiable reason to go to war?
and most importantly when will you realise that the official version of 9/11 is a lie? to say what the gov is telling you is the truth is an injustice to the ppl that died that day.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigeriS
I don't, in fact I believe that if you really really love America you should get rid of Bush.

Wow, I'm glad folks like you aren't in charge of this country.. I'm amazed at how great a job Bush is doing, and how he stands up for what is right and what he believes in. Can't understand the other point of view who want to wait for Saddam's weapons to be used against the US. And they WILL be used if he's allowed to keep them. It's easy for the European countries to have that attitude, they don't think anything bad can happen to them. While here in this country, we found out how easily it is to be attacked. I'm glad the administration remembers what happend 1 1/2 years ago and will go out and pro-actively fight to make sure our enemies don't hurt us.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by barbie girl
what i would like to know is......if Iraq is such a big threat to the rest of the world, why wasn't it last yr?

He was, but now that something horrible has happened, we realize we have to nip problems like Saddam's regime in the bud before something else bad happens

when is america going to adhere to the very treaty they are saying saddamm is not adhearing to?
are bombs weapons of MASS destruction? why is it ok when US and Brit use em against defenceless ppl?
how would you feel if we bombed the crap out of the US cos YOU STILL HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS
also when is there a justifiable reason to go to war?

There's a difference when a country like the US or Britain have these weapons. These 2 countries aren't rogue states ruled by insane dictators. Wam bam thank ya ma'am, it really is as simple as that. If you can't understand things like this, I'm sorry.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   

There's a difference when a country like the US or Britain have these weapons. These 2 countries aren't rogue states ruled by insane dictators. Wam bam thank ya ma'am, it really is as simple as that. If you can't understand things like this, I'm sorry.

Well with all the respects i think you understand less that what i though...
and this comment "These 2 countries aren't rogue states ruled by insane dictators" is not normal. coz
US and britain are the worst TooLS from them to rule this world....
Blair and bush are not rulers just a puppets, but they have to make it look like a dictator ship for make this film more real.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   

It's easy for the European countries to have that attitude, they don't think anything bad can happen to them.

I'd have to disagree with that, here in Britain we've suffered repeated terror attacks for years from the IRA plus a few from elsewhere so we do know what it can be like. Remember the IRA tried to blow up Canary Wharf which is a big skyscraper and it was only due to luck that they never managed it. They also blew up Manchester city centre and again it was only luck that more people wern't killed. There have also been plenty of terror attacks in mainland Europe too. Admittedly none of these were on the scale of WTC although if the Canary Wharf bomb had done what it was supposed to do it couldv'e been close.

dom

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I remember watching a Panorama program in the early 90's over here which went through what might happen if the IRA detonated a dirty bomb in one of Britains major cities. Incidentally, that's a dirty bomb that would have been bought with American money... let's not pretend that the US has a squeaky clean past where terrorism is concerned.

The only thing against it was that the IRA understood political relations and were unwilling to kill large numbers of people, but they still killed plenty of people "accidentally". To be honest, you detonate a 1000lb bomb and I think you can't go around claiming that "we didn't mean to hurt anyone", but there you go... scary times were had by all.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
While I do hear what you are saying, and nobody will ever say the US, GB and others are squeaky clean, I don't see how you can't make the distinction between these countries, and a country such as Iraq. Just makes you look like you are against freedom loving democratic countries. The world will just fall into further chaos, and our way of life might go the way of the Dodo bird if we do what the blind peaceniks want to do and not take care of big problems like Saddam.

dom

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I never said that the US were as dirty as Iraq. Certainly they haven't gassed many members of their own population, and there is some semblance of democracy in the US, even if there isn't really any moral distinction between US political parties, so you end up electing who runs the country, not how the country is run...

All I'm trying to say is that it's not just the US that have experienced the fear of terrorist bombings. The UK has experienced long periods of time during which there have been bombings every few weeks, Spain has ETA, France had Algerian terrorists in Paris. The US is not alone in having faced this threat...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
can be considered gassin as Chemtrail also?
because then america is real danger in this matter
much worst than all the terrorist thread together

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Do you realize that if America goes down, so do you? If America were to fall, the worlds economy would fall with it. America is so intertwined with so many other countries, that there is no way that you wouldn't feel it if we were to suddenly drop in power.

I'd say we are not the danger. If hurting us hurts the world, then I'd quit your 'anti-American' sentiment right now. It just hurts the world.

You people from other countries have no reason to be anti-American. You can be anti-war, anti-democracy, but there is no reason to hate the people. I'd say you would have to know them as individuals before you can judge them.

(p.s., Chem trails would not be considered gassing, because it has not been proven that they kill people or cause some sort of debilitating disease)

If I sound sarcastic or angry please dismiss it, I'm just trying to get a point across. (don't want too much of my nationalism to get thrown in the message
)

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
u might now that i�ve post 100 of times that i do not hate the AMERICAN CITIZENS, i hate the rulers,
i can�t blame citizens for wars, or chemical problems, or economy problems, because that is the job from
"upstairs" and i�m talking all the time about them,
in any moment i blamed any american citizen, i think
u are person as everyone here in this wolrd, with the same right to live. U as american, u can love your country, language, traditions, places, ppl, laws etc etc,
but all that is made by someone upstairs, for me suposed "presidents" and ppl of high public range, are just as worse as any terrorist in this world...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

You people from other countries have no reason to be anti-American. You can be anti-war, anti-democracy, but there is no reason to hate the people.

Who tells you the world is anti-american ? Is it the american governement ? If so, the situation is worse than i imagined!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join