It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afternoon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I've just joined ATS after "lurking" for a while, so i'm looking forward to meeting many of you. As i said i've lurked for a bit so i am familiar with some people here, others i'm not really.

I have quite a few interests, mainly Martial Arts and Ancient Civilizations. I have always loved martial arts, i believe they show us things we can do with our bodies that many people thought or think are impossible. Traditional Martial Arts are my favourite, as they were originally used as a way to reach "Enlightenment", but sadly that is mainly lost now, and they are typically used as a way to hurt someone; but as the times change so must everything else adapt.

Ancient Civilizations explain alot about our human history and there are many things that we have not discovered or have lost to time. If we really want to understand how we came to be then we must look to the past.

Oh, and don't get me started on organized religion. Well mainly the Abrahamic Religions. I really don't like them, so if you're a follower of one, then you may find i might offend you one day, so i apologize in advance.

I believe i'm a fairly spiritual person, i enjoy meditation and getting to know myself. The meditation ties in alot with the martial arts really, as they teach concentration and composure. I won't get started on what some may consider the "crazy spiritual" side of things, so if you want to know more just ask.

I hope to enjoy me stay here at ATS, so thanks!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hello and Welcome! It is amazing how many people lurk a while before registering.
Anyway, glad you finally joined. See you around!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Howdy OrionTri and welcome to the jungle...er...ATS

Enjoy !

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionTri

Hi OrionTri, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Whats up OrionTri??

I too am fairly new to ATS......i was a member about 7 years ago but drifted away after not having access during my long work days under a new company system.

Decided to reply to you cause i too am a Martial Arts embodiment. Been studying for about 15 years under Traditional Okinawa Kenpo & Kobudo. It's very amazing the appreciation of life, mind and body that becomes aware in onself once you get passed your commercialized cultural trained mind and let your instincts and natural internal spirit guide you.

Humans developed tools since the begin to help assist them. That is part of their mind skill. However, like a cat, humans also have the muscle and reactive instincts that in this day and age so many have gotten away from due to tools. Like a calculator.....the mind can do the same thing....but looses its way cause of the technology that it knows it can rely on.

Anyway....my favorite hand Katas are: Tsuntsu, Suparinpei Sho, & Hakutsuru.

Favorite Kobudo (weapons) kata are: Ni Tan Bo (double 2ft sticks), Chatan Yara No Sai (double sai), & Wu Hsing (Tai Chi Sword)

Its nice to know another martial artist joining the club.....im sure there are many others on here,...but they just don't reveal themselves often. I guess thats good cause traditional teaching preeches that. However just knowing whom is a martial artist doesn't hurt. It allows good dialog and share of thought in my opinion. Take it easy!

The Lions Phalanx

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the welcomes, it's great that people actually care about this "community" if you can call it that.

@The Lions Phalanx:

I am a fairly recent studier of martial arts, that being due to my age. I've learnt Chi Gung and Tai Chi (Yang 108 style) for about 6 months now, and I started Aikido about one month ago. My friend is a practitioner of Judo, and he said i should come train at his Dojo with him as it could help benefit my Aikido, so i took up on that offer.

So yeah, i'm fairly new to Marital Arts, but i try to learn everything i can about philosophies and techniques about various styles.

I've always had an urge to study martial arts, but i have just never got round to practically studying then until recently.

I'm not too familiar with weapons, but once i complete my 10 week aikido course i will be able to start weapon training inwhich i guess i'll get a feel of different weapons. So i'll get back to you on that one

Thanks for all the replies guys.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Welcome, OrionTri. You already found me on a different board, but I saw you had a welcome wagon going, so I jumped on. I look forward to seeing you around these parts.

~ Scribe

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well welcome aboard ... now you can join in the madness with the rest of us.

I guess we may be bumping into each other on the boards ... until the ... enjoy.

Woody

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thankyou for the kind words my friend. I will reply to your post on the other thread in a while, if i dont get round to it i haven't forgotten. I look forward to more "chats" with you.

reply to post by woodwytch

Haha, i'm already crazy from lurking, so i think ill fit right in talking to you guys. Speaking of lurking, i've seen a few of your threads previously, so i guess we may cross paths in the not too far away future. Fingers crossed

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
cool hi! I hope you enjoy reading on the site

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

A short and sweet hello, but it is welcomed.

Hey there cllj7

new topics

top topics

join