It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Blood Donor? You are Wanted more than you could ever know-Vampires are Real!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interesting site.

This thread is the first I've heard of Renfield's Syndrome. I should have made the connection that vampirism, without actually being a case of being a vampire, could simply be a psychological disorder.

I say I should have made the connection because I know about Windigo, or Wendigo (other spellings possible) Psychosis: a condition in which sufferers develop an insatiable desire to eat human flesh even when other food sources are readily available.

As far as cannibal message boards, I haven't found any.

Pity.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Originally posted by danj3ris
Interesting site.

This thread is the first I've heard of Renfield's Syndrome. I should have made the connection that vampirism, without actually being a case of being a vampire, could simply be a psychological disorder.

Well I must admit it’s at least more interesting than the usual Napoleon, Jesus or Hitler or Arch Angel Bart.

If you are going to have an delusion of such magnitude may as well make it something sexy (as pop culture) mysterious and with the promise of everlasting life (physical/material as apposed to Jesus in heaven)

I do think though the chances of this delusion making you "act out" the fantasy is probably higher than other delusions.

You can say your Jesus as much as you want but such a person wont be doing miracles or have followers (unless sociopath personality rather than delusion identity) laying leaves at your feet.

Even if you pluck out an eye, eat lots of garlic, wear naval outfits, marry and have an affair with a woman called Josephine and cut of an arm... Still the belief structure somewhere knows that it is delusional (aware below the conscious) as you don’t have fleets of ships or wars to fight.

But if you dress the part like a vampire, it is accepted as the youth culture, admired even, rather than laughed at by peers, others do the same reinforcing the "norm" of it, and you have people advertising saying they are happy to come and let you drink their blood, well it is actually real isn’t it. That is what vampires do, so even though you might not turn into a bat at night, the rest of the delusion is supported, in your community and peers etc. In that sub culture, it appears as totally normal everyone is doing it you have music groups writing songs about it etc.

With all this and actually drinking blood regularly, the dividing line between "Role Playing" and "acting out" is very narrow indeed.

It is imho a very very dangerous phenomenon for those reasons, I should imagine we have a quite large ticking time bomb on our hands in regards to mental health with a large part of these communities. Many will get lost into totally living the delusion etc.

Scary.

I say I should have made the connection because I know about Windigo, or Wendigo (other spellings possible) Psychosis: a condition in which sufferers develop an insatiable desire to eat human flesh even when other food sources are readily available.

Well that is cannibalism no?

But there is no listing of Cannibalism as a "psychiatric disorder" and infact the book used in nearly the entire world to classify, quantify care pathways of, and management /detention of those with Psychiatric disorders has no listing for Cannibalism.

I’ve never under stood it they seem very reluctant to include it, infact it seems "Internet Addiction" will be listed before Cannibalism as the recent review process highlighted likely coming changes. the Publication is the DSM iv (current being edited for release I think 12/2010)

The Vamp Op forum obviously has as its base and driver for the behaviour is a sexual element, but the expression of that sexual driver into wanting to be eaten or eat another is termed

Vorarephilia

Or vampirism to your mates in the pub

Vorarephilia Which is the uncontrollable kust like urge, much like the passion an desire two lovers have just before she is penetrated, the rushing, pulling pushing objects out of the way, however the aim is not to get "in her Knickers" and penetrate in the normalised way, but with all the same intensity to get to your partner and to either eat them or be eaten (which is what the donors obviously have as well as the vamps).

As blood is part of a person, and just watery or runny flesh really (ever seen fried black pudding?) this is classified correctly as that.

This type of sexual driven issue, where for example another Variation could be getting attracted to inanimate objects like Chairs, and just "just got to have the chair" if you know what I mean, is a broad classification such sexual deviances known as:

Paraphilias

I think you are referring to though in your post the Early reports from the Native American Indians? Some were practising or reported to be Cannibalistic activities on each other... Windigo anthropology, I think it was a term used by anthropologists to classify the behaviour they saw.

I am not sure then if it is a real recognised Psychiatric issue, I’ve never read it, or heard of it, but have the ones above, and that’s is how they are defined, I know its not in DSM iv as Cannibalism is not either in there as classified. I could be wrong though.

As far as cannibal message boards, I haven't found any.
Pity.

Why a pity?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Someone on a forum board once said, "See people, this is why we can't have nice things". I felt this is appropriate for these circumstances. These people are either a. LARPING b. Psychotically disfunctioning or c. Both. Yes, I will agree that I too have had fantasies of being a vampire. These fantasies are easily attainable in the form of books, games, or TV. For anyone that has tasted blood you will probably agree that there isn't much to it. You should stick to Rare or Medium Rare steaks. The only reason I can see people doing this is for attention, there is no other purpose for it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
The only reason I can see people doing this is for attention, there is no other purpose for it.

usually they are quite secretive in their own groups.

If you look at the post On top of yours I explain the sexual driver for this and the Pyschiatric Disorders that manifest in wanting to feed, or be a Donor for those involved (when it is consentual)

You say you have tasted blood, and know the taste.... Your own I presume?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

The only reason I can see people doing this is for attention, there is no other purpose for it.

usually they are quite secretive in their own groups.

If you look at the post On top of yours I explain the sexual driver for this and the Pyschiatric Disorders that manifest in wanting to feed, or be a Donor for those involved (when it is consentual)

You say you have tasted blood, and know the taste.... Your own I presume?

Kind Regards,

Elf

I guess it is what people perceive as normal. I was raised trying to stay off of peoples bad side and let them do what they want, I would judge them but not make an argument. So to me this wouldn't stem from a psychological problem but more of the lack of will power (I said I was judgemental
). It is just how I see it and suppose that is how I will always view it. I have always seen where there is too much psychology put in place to try and help people feel like it's ok when I feel like they should be trying to fix these people who more than likely have bigger problems. Not saying I am right, as this is my observation and really doesn't amount to anything.

And yep I tasted my own blood, alot of it when I was a freakish goth/jock looking for attention in High School.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You are right often labelling a problem is a cause of concern.

And yep I tasted my own blood, alot of it when I was a freakish goth/jock looking for attention in High School.

What was it like a Chianti 78 with Flava Beans?

As children I doubt if there is anyone who has not grazed, cut themselves and not tasted or licked a wound.

I am unsure though of adults drinking other peoples in large quantities regularly for many years on the trot.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

LOL good one. These Hannibal Lector quotes I do enjoy. To answer your question I used to be a cutter back in the day, and suicidal. Over that nonsense now, but I believe I remember the taste being like drinking the Statue of Liberty.

As children I doubt if there is anyone who has not grazed, cut themselves and not tasted or licked a wound.

I am unsure though of adults drinking other peoples in large quantities regularly for many years on the trot.

Kind Regards,

Elf

I believe you got it right. I am sure there are more now than say fifty years ago but still not too many. As someone who loves to get inside peoples heads though I love learning about this stuff. Wouldn't care to emulate it though.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This thread is making me quite hungry!!

--

Vampires are real and many of them don't have enough information to understand why they hunger for blood and such. There should be more acceptance out there for those afflicted with such a disease.

Not saying it is bad it is just that many people take the hollywood and fictitious models as what people are talking about when they talk about real vampires. Real vampires are real people just like you~!!

[edit on 4/3/2010 by TheBloodRed]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
There was a guy back in highschool that thought he was a vampire. Everyone would make fun of him and he wouldn't talk to you unless he was hissing like a cat, showing his teeth... or threatening to get you at night. I saw him get thrown into direct sunlight quite a few times just so everyone around could laugh and tell him he's not really a vampire... every single time he would writhe and roll around trying to get back into the shade. It was kind of funny, but sad at the same time.

OMG are you kidding me? That is the funniest **** ever hahahahaaha

Everyone has "that kid" in HS, but that is too good my friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
guys I really dont think a discussion is necessary about the disorders, we all know that they exist, the vampire hype and whatever, so, yeah, people that think they are movie vampires exist, people that drink blood exist, people that eat people exist

but I have 2 questions:

what about the video recovered by the cops, I mean, I can only understand that if it was acting, what did u guys think

another thing important:

well, if there are a good number of people that drink blood, so, we probably have some conspiracy in a lot of blood centers, where blood just goes away and "nobody" knows where it went ... and in some places blood is something needed(they ask for donations) by hospitals, so this is something that in a way could kill people;

so, that journalist that disappeared after investigating people stealing blood is very interesting;

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

They are all faking. That was all a collaberation. The team, the kids, they were all in on it. Everything is wrong. The facial expressions the words of everyone were like bad acting.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

yes, I agree, it looked totality fake, even the team investigating

it wasnt just the kids trying to look like vampires, the team was trying to look like something too

lets all agree it was fake then, anyone cared to take a look to the old woman saying she was the boss of that girl investigating?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think that this is a short film made to entertain people. You know.....make them doubt...can this be really happening?

The whole 'docu' radiates much to 'made' alltogether.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

To answer your question I used to be a cutter back in the day, and suicidal. Over that nonsense now, but I believe I remember the taste being like drinking the Statue of Liberty.

That is the best description and insight I have heard for many years, of expressing the emotional reason behind why you felt you needed to behave like that at the time.

I have had it explained to me before as a "release" moment, or to be able to have some effect on our "destiny", also it "made me feel whole and strong" again. However those descriptions did not quantify the driver as well as you.

Ultimately any "Self Harm" behaviour is a need to regain Power over the outside world when we feel powerless, which is really at its source driven by a need to transcend or counter an emotional long term or single event, which happened to the person.

The act of doing this "liberates" the person from the memory or subconscious lack of Loci of control.

Freedom from these negative self view and emotions, freedom from the Powerlessness we feel is transcended through the act of "Cutting".

And I can think of no better description of that the statue of liberty.

Thank you for your honesty, that takes courage, and I can see you have moved past this totally and are healed as such from any further need to Impose and create an quantifiable, visible representation of that process on the outside world. Your Loci of Control seems to be in balance again. Again thank you for that insight and description.

I am sure many who may feel the desire, or who do "Cut" reading this will hopefully take what you have explained and see hopefully an ability to "Short Cut" (excuse the pun) that difficult period of healing, from perceived powerlessness and self hate/loathing to an more internal control over behaviour and actions, more quickly by taking this on board. I am sure many will find parity with with your description and this insight for their own lives will enable an better understanding of why they do it, and ultimately where they are trying to get to in their internal landscape, so some of the painfull journey there can be shortened.

Your description signposts the destination and if they work on just getting to that goal rather than the journey there it will be easier and shorter trip indeed.

Originally posted by Faiol
what about the video recovered by the cops, I mean, I can only understand that if it was acting, what did u guys think

Well it was not released on April Fools day, was broadcast to America as an Documentary.

I have been researching this event trying to find more reliable info/docs, for that one event, no luck so far. I have contacted the team responsible for the Documentary and await an repy, I will keep you guys updated.

so, that journalist that disappeared after investigating people stealing blood is very interesting;

It certainly is, and the story is beyond debunking, the local police interview proves that.

Something happened to her, and the circumstantial evidence of the Vampire Group she was researching seems to be nearly proof, except for a lack of an body.

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by MischeviousElf

They are all faking. That was all a collaberation. The team, the kids, they were all in on it. Everything is wrong. The facial expressions the words of everyone were like bad acting.

Do you have proof of that besides your own Opinion?

As said I am on the case to get some other source for the events described
will probably have to wait till after Easter until they get it.

However as compeelling as that Docu is even if proven real, it is not the only evidense, other sourced reports I have posted do point to this actually being a large if not cohesive percentage of society, and from the forum across the world to.

Much I ams ure is going unnoticed or reported, and the type of state of mind who will be attracted to this "scene" the whole Power Dominance & Sub reason for being involved makes this type of community very very open to manipulation and Cult like expressions if the right "messiah" of the vampire scene is around.

I am very concerned for many young people who are opening themselves up for more abuse in these groups, as they as explained are "cutting" or desire to play a role/part in this due to regaining control/power, or even reliving earlier highly charged emotional experiences. They are trying to move past the Abusive reasons of why they have these feelings, only to open them up for much more of it.

The popularity of the "Goth" culture in young America and worldwide will bring this risk of real Abuse and Cultism to many more people than has been seen before.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When did the televisions reports of the missing students air? Judging by the date of the OP... I'm guessing April First?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
When did the televisions reports of the missing students air? Judging by the date of the OP... I'm guessing April First?

The time you spent typing that uou cold have easily seen this:

30 September 2006 — U.S. TV show "Unexplained Mysteries" investigates the story of a group of Psychology Researches, who never return from an assignment to interview a group of would-be Vampires.
The programme explores what became of the researchers, using as evidence, their own video footage and field notes found by police in Poole.

and also:

posted on 2-4-2010 @ 19:10

for the entire op.

This has nothing at all to do with April in any way.

Elf

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
I am thoroughly convinced that vampires in the Dracula, Lestat, Edward sense don't exist. I think vampirism is a quantifiable mental disorder. I think Ann Rice, Twilight, etc... has romanticized vampires to an extent never before seen. And I think it's an outlet for the disenfranchised to feel empowered. I think therapy would be infinitely more beneficial to these folks than blood.

I agree

These people that claim to be "vampires", lol- are just regular human beings but with a serious mental disorder.

They WOULD like to be some other "cooler" creature than a human being- but truth is, they are only imitating the things they see in TV-movies, etc (which by the way had always portrayed vampires as cool- beautiful, immortal, powerful etc.)-
They might even carry a vampiristic lifestyle- etc drinking blood, etc- to feel as a real Lestat.

But truth is these people need some therapy sessions to understand their undoubtedly human nature... And embrace it.

I can't imagine an intelligent person would believe that they are donating blood to a spawn of dracula.

LOL.
Neither can I.

[edit on 3/4/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Hello Pluto, as always wishing you well.

Summer holidays from study soon, have fun.

The thing is, even though we know it just and disorder and not real, it seems a largish percentage of the population of Goths have there own subculture and, do this.

If anyone studies NLP or behaviour change, or even aspects of the LOA and "Secret" one of the most important things is to "Mirror" the behaviour of the characteristics and qualities of the people you would like to become like.

Many modern day therapy sessions involve this, and many off the shelf Hypnotic Audio files.

Paul McKenna a very famous hypnotist in the UK says about it, and how it changed his life, the LOA thread on here has Skyfloating and his expertise explaining this, and how it has worked in his life to:

Mckenna

Well first I imagine myself as the person I would like to be, and make the experience big, bright bold, as if I was actually living this. Like Play believe when a child, then when I went out into world I would go to the places where these people met, and hang out, try on the expensive clothes, test drive the cars, because just like an actor, what you pretend though if totally immersed starts to become real

We know from these modalities that infact this is true, the success rates and experiences of those who do this show that.

This is my concern, if being immersed in these imaginations, and doing it so that when you visualise yourself you are totally immersed as if it was happening, using a sensory rich visualisation, then act the part in everyday life until this becomes real... well there is no more convincing such type behaviour change as doing something as powerful as actually drinking someone’s blood, whilst wearing the vamp clothes all day, hanging out with other such people, and obviously they are immersed in the subject with books, audio visual media to.

This is the LOA and behaviour change with a very dark and negative side!

And personally due to the actual act of drinking the blood, joining the communities, reading about the "Real" vampires, etc etc it is very soon going to make the participants take on the qualities and behaviour of those they are emulating.

This is my concern for a ticking or hidden time bomb in the youth doing this. Just personally I think it is a bigger issue than is being reported, due to their insular and secretive lives anyhow. I can think of no more convincing way to trick the mind and personality of a young person than to be doing this full on to see themselves as "Above " other people, to "objectify" others and see them as just a source of their pleasure, to embody evil and negative thoughts and behaviour etc.

It is like LOA or Hypnotherapy school set up by the leagues of the Devil or the dark side as such.

Satan himself could not concoct a better school to get the young to embody his type of qualities.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's called being delusional. People try to fill a void in their life with fantasy. To them it may be real.

Fantasy is an escape. I find it funny but also sad... peoples lifes have become so boring/unfulfilled in modern times that they need to convince themselves its something better...

It may also be serious cases too. Note similarities between role-play and things like Dissociative identity disorder. Traumatic event (such as childhood sexual abuse) leads to a disorder where compartmentalised psyche covers up their conflict. Its almost the same thing as vampirism: believing you're in a desired position of power, to make up for the actual lack. Its a way of your mind protecting you from reality.

There will never be a lack of study for psychlogists!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Originally posted by DJW001

The time you spent typing that uou cold have easily seen this:

30 September 2006 — U.S. TV show "Unexplained Mysteries" investigates the story of a group of Psychology Researches, who never return from an assignment to interview a group of would-be Vampires.
The programme explores what became of the researchers, using as evidence, their own video footage and field notes found by police in Poole.

and also:

posted on 2-4-2010 @ 19:10

for the entire op.

This has nothing at all to do with April in any way.

Elf

Well what little research I've done has resulted in finding that
1) Banbury university does not exist
2)No news report has ever been published which refers to missing researchers from said made up univerity
3) according to tv.com unexplained mysteries had only 1 season which ended May 29th 2004 and none of the episodes touched on the Vampire phenomenone.
It seems to me they are just trying to cash in on the success of Blair witch/ Paranormal activity and The fourth kind.
So unless anyone can prove otherwise I call big fat HOAX!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join