It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me figure out what this object is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
While traveling through Arizona, my wife decided to snap a few pictures of some mountains. After looking at them on our computer we found two photos had a strange object. We didn't see it while taking the pictures. Here they are. Any suggestions as to what they could be are very welcome!
NOTE: The pictures are in the order they were taken.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d4db55cbd1d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9271a2cb0cd5.jpg[/atsimg]

(edit to fix location of photo. NOT NM but Arizona...my apologies)

[edit on 4/2/2010 by RustykShade]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It seems to have a transparency to it so I would say some dirt on the windshield or lens. Not saying that it is a fact mind you, just an observation on my part.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Are you talking about the object in the top right corner? It could be a number of things. It could be a spec of dust on the camera or possibly a small rock picked up and tossed by a vehicle. Small rocks seem to come out of nowhere when following other vehicles. They are often so small you don't even see them but you definitely notice if it hits your window. That's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
hello there may I ask did you use the zoom in on the second shot or move closer to the windscreen ?

I agree with "ventian" as it does looks like a spash of mud on your windscreen

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
They were successive shots without moving much (there was a shift to the left of the first shot but no closer to the windshield) or zooming. The windshield was free of mud or anything I can figure. Other photos of the same area did NOT have this thing on it. I don't claim it to be a UFO or anything just have no clue as to what it was...thought it would be fun to share and get some feedback...thanks for what I've gotten thus far. My only objection is the shape....but im paranoid anyway

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ahhh, I know exactly what that is, It's a UPOD..

I see them all the time. Especially when I dirve to work and when I drive home again.

They're not all that easy to see at night though.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
I agree with "ventian" as it does looks like a spash of mud on your windscreen

I third the motion that the dude needs to wash his windscreen.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
My last post for now on the subject at hand....
Why would there only be 2 photos out of 50 or so others that had anything odd if it were dirt on the windshield...MAYBE the camera lense but not my windshield. (besides I always have a clean windshield)

I agree though it doesn't look solid enough to be much more than dirt or the like. but its always good to ask....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RustykShade

RustykShade.....

Thanks for posting your pic's.

What was the time delay between the pic's?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Since you say it is not mud on the windshield, and regardless of what others say, I do not think it looks transparent so it is a UFO of some description. Maybe an unidentified flying rock..but still an unidentified flying object.

The bottom line however is you could have posted a photo of a real honest to goodness alien spaceship with little aliens in the window waving and everyone would have screamed CGI. So it does little good to post any UFO photo here. It will be either too blurry, too clear to be real or any of a dozen other things but never a real alien UFO.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Could you please post the original photos with exif data intact if possible for analysis. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi RustyShade,

Thanks for sharing the pics with us

A couple of things: I take it that you're stationary. How fast did you take the second pic?

Also, would you be kind enough to post the previous snap and the pic taken after these two?

Like everyone else, I've got no idea, but I find the shape interesting.

Maybe...maybe not
You've got an email coming this evening. Hope you are well mate

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
These pictures were taken in two different locations. None of the same structures are in both pictures - one pic is of housing the other is of commercial structures. The mountains are different as well. The car's tail could be the same but seems a little different because in one of the pics the rail has a slight flare. Are you absolutely sure that they were taken "in succession with only slight movement"? I think you may be remembering wrong.

The only thing common in both pictures is the "spot". I'm only relating what I observe when comparing the two pics... but, it seems to me that either 1.) you caught the same thing in both pics in two different locations or 2.) the "spot" is on your car/windshield.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
For a mud speck it seems to be highly symetrical. It also seems to move in relation to the camera. I don't know what it is but I don't feel it's something on the window itself.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You may say your windscreen was clear but to me thats quite obviously a mark on the windscreen, the fact that its slightly changed perspective in both photos shows its a stationary dirt mark on the glass, as the photos were taken from slightly different positions.

The photos are clearly taken at different times (not within a few seconds of each other) but even more importantly, they're quite clearly taken from a noticably different position in the car (as in, you've moved between taking these 2 images).

Maybe the rest of your photos dont show the mark because that part of the window is just not in frame on the others.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I must apologize, I thought I had mentioned this in the first post...We were driving on a highway. There was only a second or two delay of the pictures. The full pics are on my media page. If you want to see a better shot i will try to email the original pics they are 2592x1944 and 180 dpi.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by RustykShade]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustykShade
I must apologize, I thought I had mentioned this in the first post...We were driving on a highway. There was only a second or two delay of the pictures. The full pics are on my media page. If you want to see a better shot i will try to email the original pics they are 2592x1944 and 180 dpi.

RustykShade.....

Thanks for clarifying the time delay between the photos.

That's what I guessed & in that case, I am having trouble reconciling the scenery as shown through the windscreen, from 1 photo to the next (as also mentioned by another member).

Can you help with that?

Also, I'll U2U you with an e-mail address via which you can send me the photos as per your offer, if you feel so inclined.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
looks like you've got a booger on your windshield dude

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could be a number of things including -
Squished bug?
Dust?
dirt?
Proberly not an alien craft!

KB

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I rule out the rock being thrown if by car or by person in car.

1) A second or two or even three seconds apart , rock would only be caught on one picture, not two, unless the person used a high speed camera. If a person did use a high speed camera then the background would be the same in the photos, but this is not true.

I rule out the mud on the camera lens because the mud would always be in the same upper right corner of every picture, so this is not true either.

I do not rule out the mud on the windshield or it being a flying disc. An analysis of the photo might pick up the glass and if it was mud on the window or if it was a disc. outside of the window.

My analysis anyways.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join