It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park rips the Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well, I watched the last episode and they were very tough on the pope and the church; I was amazed, since its kind of a big deal to talk in that way to the church; the great thing is that they did that in a random way, to make it clear that they didnt approve any of it;

(you guys can watch the last ep for free on southparkstudios.com)

they were very tough on the media and our society, in the tiger woods episode, it was brilliant;

but one episode that got me intrigued was 911 episode: they didnt have the balls to call out the government, at least directly in my opinion;

it seems that during the episode they tried to make a good and tough critic about the subject and about our society, saying that people need to question things, but in the end they looked like they were making fun of conspiracy theorists to not have a problem with the show being not approved to air;

so, do you guys that watch South Park, what you guys think about the last show?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Oh tough!!!

That's a joke, a few side comments from Mr. Cartman/Jung

I'm surprised they didn't go there, I think they just added it in there at the last minute to be honest, look at the background and stuff it was completely last minute stuff.

(I watch south park too much
)

If south park really wanted to rip on the pope and the vatican, they could've in a much bigger bigger way, if anything they ***** footed around it, but made their presence known.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This past episode had me cackling. The Scarface spoof was brilliant and as always they show us (adults) the error of our ways when we choose sides instead of being in the middle. They took it easy on the Church as well. The Scientology episode, now that is some bashing right there.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
This past episode had me cackling. The Scarface spoof was brilliant and as always they show us (adults) the error of our ways when we choose sides instead of being in the middle. They took it easy on the Church as well. The Scientology episode, now that is some bashing right there.

Favorite most hilarious part of the newest episode.

"What, oh, aww... wait, what, OH! It's like a hoppity hop!!!"

*Bounces Away*

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I love how South Park is so political incorrect & rips on anyone & everyone.

Is it wrong if I have Eric Cartman as a role model.

Still downloading series 14 will comment on them later.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
"What do we need? bigger doors...where do we need them Weed stores!"

this season has been totally class, I'm waiting for a dud episode to pop up any time soon, they ripped on the church with good right...the pope protects paedophiles

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
hahaha I was surprised because they ripped the pope and the church, I wasnt expecting it ... good episode, I mean, every episode you can find some social message

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I am amazed at how timely they can be with current events. I used to have a hipity hop.

the song they played when everyone hopped down the street on the nads was hilarious in itself. I love South Park.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The main theme was commentary on the absurdity and overall impotence of prohibition law.

Funny that what draws attention is a couple of one-liners about pedo priests.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The above poster is correct! a couple of lines against the whole abuse thing was very minor in the episode......south park has an opinion on everthing and so they should! but that was'nt really a major point of the episode, just passing digs at the whole situation!

Thought it was hilarious this episode though!

Cartman is such a legend it's just not right!

How random was the giant balls? had me in stitches

[edit on 2-4-2010 by valiant]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
South Park is no stranger to ripping on religion, but yep, the bigger issue here was the absurdity of making pot (or fast food) illegal. Some great classic satire, even if I did have to see hairy nut sacks...

I really lost it when it was a turn on for the ladies...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
South Park has remained consistently funny throughout its long run. I also thought the 9/11 episode was really good as it rips what is wrong with many conspiracy theories and their followers in general.

The government and religion are not off limits either, and Wednesday's episode was very funny. There were only a few jokes thrown the Catholic Church's way.

A show that took on Scientology, that has too be admired.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I don't think they bashed em that hard. My favorite episode is the one where Cartman shouts.......
"CRIPPLE FIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":bash:

new topics

top topics

join