It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we were Genetically Engineered from ET, then why do we Kill Each other?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

We're not Genetically Modified by Aliens. That scenario carries the exact same implications as Intelligent Design (GoDDiDit) on finding evidence for such modification. That is, nobody has yet discovered a gene in the human genome which is unambiguously designed. A gene which does not share a close homology with other species.

YouTube User C0nc0rdance posted a challenge to the Discovery Institute to this end, and has yet to hear a response. I'll post the video here for you to view and consider; you'll just have to ignore the "creationist" references.

If aliens DID tinker with our genomes, then they did so in a manner which is utterly indistinguishable from what we'd expect to see if we evolved naturally. ... and If such is the case, then we could well have evolved naturally without some unseen architect building us. So why even suspect that aliens did so if there is no evidence?

Some useful links in your search:
HomoloGene Database
Online Mendelian Inheretance in Man (OMIM)
Online Mendelian Inheretance in Animals (OMIA)

Originally posted by Tayesin
Apparently we are a hybrid from Homo Erectus stock and Anunnaki DNA, which could be seen as an acceleration for the evolution of that "ape-man" line. These creators displayed very human traits of greed, hatred, sexual obsession and every other thing we do. You can read all about it in any Sumerian Tablet source.

Why trust a supposed Sumerian Tablet over the genetic code itself? That's like believing the Earth was created before the Sun. Just because you can free associate between creation myths and a poor understanding of science, doesn't mean it's true. Even were they to get something here and there right, that doesn't make the whole story true. We've found the ruins of Troy, but that does not make Charybdis, Scylla, and the Sirens factual.

If the Annunaki actually mixed their DNA with theirs, then finding unambiguously designed genes should be even simpler - since as an alien race, they would not share common ancestry with the other animals we share our genes with.

The concept reeks, IMO, because it seems to be based on modern day methods of genetic manipulation - which is very "cut & paste". Putting a firefly's gene into a mouse may be possible, but it's only a "FireFly Gene" because we currently lack the capability to code unique genomic information from basic amino acids ourselves. Well, actually, we can do that - but we're still working with modifications of existing genes. If you look at what's going on at Craig Venter's lab ( Synthetic Genomics ) - we're on the verge of creating the first completely artificial life form.

So this begs the question... were the Annunaki so technologically advanced, then why are they hung up on the same technological stumbling blocks that current genomic research is limited to? Why couldn't they just synthesize the genes they need? Do you understand the implications this has?

What you're suggesting is rather synonymous with the concept that "Computer programs aren't actually programmed, but are "cut & pasted" from existing programs to create the next generation of more capable software." It doesn't work that way. Life IS programming code, and it CAN be written from scratch. There is no "essence" of the organism which donated the gene which carries with it when transcribed into the genome of another creature. It's just that one is 1's & 0's which make Windows and Linux and FireFox; and the other is A,C,G,T which make apples and orangutans and you.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It would make sense that a lot of our planets species were engineered after they pasted the dinosaurs... They covered their tracks well due to knowing we would be able to break down DNA on a basic level before first contact would occur.

Not that I know for sure we were tampered with. I would put it above 60% chance though...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Oh, and just to note - we absolutely can tell where our DNA has been "snipped" and had foreign DNA transcribed onto our Genome. This is essentially what retroviruses do. These spots are called "ERV Markers", and are one of the most compelling evidences for common ancestry.

In fact, the viral DNA in your own genome outnumbers the "human" DNA by no small amount. Only about 1.5 to 2% of the human genome actually codes for proteins. By contrast, HERV DNA accounts for about 8% of the Human Genome.

I'm... pretty sure we're more than competent enough to spot genetic manipulation in our genetic code.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
After reading the "Terra Papers" by Robert Morning Sky, it is easy to imagine why some of us would would be inclined to control and/or kill the others. Whether the story is true or not, it's a very good read. I think that the Star Wars trilogy probably originated from this text.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Perhaps the ET's are as bad as we are. I always find it amusing that people believe that aliens hold some sort of utopian Star Trek like ideal. Most likely they are as screwed up as we are. There's also the possibility that they are worse than we are.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Well, what started out as a basic question and response type discussion has now moved into Did Aliens Create Us discussion rather than the main thrust of the question which was why do we kill each other.

I managed to keep my response on topic and brief, based on my opinions, my mentors work of many years and what that has highlighted, including her interesting reports (I've witnessed) from the British Museum that goes some way in verifying the 'myth' of the long learning curve to create the fashioned worker via genetic manipulation.. eg:- the failed creatures that were euthenased.

The Sumerian Tablets allows us to see a very long timeframe for this learning curve, far, far longer than our infant technology to date. In which case we may yet discover something we have always believed impossible, or not.

Surely in the future there is room for much more knowledge, far and above what we know now?

In which case I keep a wait and see approach so that I do not fall into the trap of thinking I know it all now, thus leaving no room to grow and learn.

Not trying to take away from your offering.. which was like bringing cannons to a stick-fight by the way

Thank you for the links, I will take the opportunity to read them at my leisure.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Well, what started out as a basic question and response type discussion has now moved into Did Aliens Create Us discussion rather than the main thrust of the question which was why do we kill each other.

Point being that the question "Why do we kill each other" is being asked in the context of "If Aliens engineered us". If you want to answer the question, you must first establish that the context in which it was asked is accurate. I am merely suggesting that the question is invalid/meaningless in that context, because the context is invalid/meaningless.

I guess there's no harm is speculating under the assumption that the presupposition is true, but it's a terribly inefficient way to go about things if you're actually looking for a useful answer.

I think there are more plausible and useful answers out there worth pursuing, though we are terribly complex animals - and our answers should reflect this complexity, even if the reasons themselves can be rather simple. Complex systems are not typically comprised of complex components, but of very simple components following simple rules - and it's the numeracy and scale of the interactions which give rise to complexity.

eg:- the failed creatures that were euthenased.

You'd have to present them on a case by case basis, but to the best of my knowledge, none of the claims of star children have withstood serious investigation. Many have modern day correlates in cultural traditions of body modification or birth defects. All of which (to the best of my knowledge) occurred long, LONG, after the arrival of Anatomically Modern Humans (about 150 to 200kya). Most of them that I'm aware of can't be dated back to much before the middle of the late paleolithic era (Cro-Magnon times). Behavioral modernity emerged 50 to 30kya, and there's still some fierce debate over whether or not that occurred in a "great leap forward" (spanning about 10kya) - or has been ongoing since Australopithecus.

Surely in the future there is room for much more knowledge, far and above what we know now?

Absolutely. I never intended to suggest that the book was closed. Merely that the evidence is overwhelmingly stacked against the hypothesis of alien intervention in our evolution... and that the chance of contrary evidence of sufficient magnitude and concordance coming to light suggesting otherwise is rather slim at this point.

In which case I keep a wait and see approach so that I do not fall into the trap of thinking I know it all now, thus leaving no room to grow and learn.

Such is your prerogative, but it's a position that's hardly condusive to progress. For progress to occur, one must take tentative steps forward, and the technology and techniques which are gained by those tentative steps produce new and more powerful technologies allowing you to discover more - to refine that knowledge.

By "waiting to see", you are relying on the very attitude you are critiquing me for displaying to provide your answers which you hope will coincide with your position.

Not trying to take away from your offering.. which was like bringing cannons to a stick-fight by the way

Thanks for seeing some humor in it. I really didn't intend to be overbearing, but we're advancing so quickly technologically that ideas formulated on the bleeding edge of tech just twenty years ago looks like blood letting and the four humors by comparison.

Thank you for the links, I will take the opportunity to read them at my leisure.

Well, I should warn you that they're not really explanatory or layman's resources. They're gene databases and resources used mostly by professionals and universities. They just happen to be open to the public.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Lasheic]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, it's been said that 27 other species are involved in human genetic make-up.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

That's an interesting point... but I think the reason we seem so separate from the animals is that the hominids most like us, our ancestors, either became us or died out.

Homo Erectus was thought to have been smart enough to make rafts and one of the first fossils of Homo E. ever found was on an island (Java Man).

So it seems we are smarter and brighter than everything else simply because we have outlived our ancestors and closest relatives. Had they been given time they likely could have developed similar, though probably not as advanced, societies. And really we aren't that much brighter than our animal brethren, again I think this is probably just the human mind desperately trying to believe it has a higher purpose and a divine or supernatural origin.

Also, while our species has made some great strides we also have some pretty messed up short-comings so if there was alien tampering maybe it is responsible for us killing each other. Perhaps we were pawns in an intergalactic war, canon fodder for the Extraterrestrial Elite as they fought with each other over this Solar Systems resources

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My first question to this thread is, why bother speculating about an unproven subject? You're just gabbing and providing nothing new to the subject of a UFO/ET conspiracy. We haven't even gotten to the point of once and for all proving ETs are coming to this planet secretively. Let's wait until then, okay?

I will add to the speculation since this thread already exists. Given the way we humans have treated each other over the years it comes to mind that if we are genetically engineered, we were engineered to be a race of slaves. Brutality and violence are the primary tools of slavers. Not only have we had overt slavery throughout the history of our civilization, we subject each other to lesser forms of it today through many unnecessary laws and lies to keep us under control or ignorant of greater truths like ET visitation.

It would make a lot of sense if our origins did turn out to be that of a race of slaves that has turned on itself, but I do not believe that to be the case. I am of the opinion that we are simply an ignorant and still somewhat savage child race in the universe being observed by multiple older species either out or fear of simple scientific curiosity.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Excellent response, thank you.

With the euthenased failures I refer to the contents of a specifically sized, large sarcophagus found in the late 1970's. Two others had been unearthed previous to this but we did not have the technology to remove the contents safely, so they were lost.

While I cannot provide links to any proofs relating to this find of the British Museum, I can tell that its size was exactly as recorded in the Tablets, as was the contents sealed in bitumen-like pitch. Once cleaned and reassembled my mentor sought a report on the contents, which I have read. I often quote the last line, "These are creatures from our worst nightmares and mythologies.

When we look at the rough hand inscribed renderings on clay tablets of various failed experiments we find things like Centaur and Griffin, to name only two. Which do equate with the being from our mythologies part of the report.

I do not understand fully why this excellent find was 'hushed-up'. Even moreso it annoys me a little in that here I am discussing this with you and my old mentor won't pass her work to me for recording to PC, and for providing the report as a proof, as yet. I must wait till she passes on, and hopefully her work will come to me then. Whereas in the past I have only had full access to it on two occasions between being sent to different Universities.

On the other hand, I see your points clearly and enjoy how you present them.. especially when understanding my lay-status. I cannot take anything away from our sciences today, as I find it an exciting time to be alive with the advances we make in every field of research.

I do hope that a day comes when some of the "sensitive" finds kept by The Museum are brought out into the light for all to see. That might upset a few apple-carts I would think.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by lee anoma

Yes but if there was anything abnormal or alien about our DNA wouldn't our scientists have detected it? My point is wouldn't there be some genetic evidence pointing to a conclusion other than natural evolution from a common ape ancestor?

As far as I know, we never did find that common ancestor that we supposedly evolved from...

Also, it says in the bible that we were created in THEIR image.

And what about our junk DNA? I don't know much about that stuff, so I could be wrong, but doesn't that account for something?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

My first question to this thread is, why bother speculating about an unproven subject? You're just gabbing and providing nothing new to the subject of a UFO/ET conspiracy. We haven't even gotten to the point of once and for all proving ETs are coming to this planet secretively. Let's wait until then, okay?

OK, so you might as well go through many many other threads here on ATS and say the same thing.

You might as well say, we don't know the meaning of life yet, so lets all just keep our mouths shut and talk of nothing!!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Altered by HUMANS not by ALIENS,there are other lifeforms on earth capable of becoming sentient with the right tweaking,but we were created by humans,and as I was told they are still seeking their and our creator,the word god means nothing to them,we define the word here and only here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join