It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we were Genetically Engineered from ET, then why do we Kill Each other?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hi all,

firstly, I do believe there are intelligent beings out there. I do believe we have been visited several times by ET throughout history also.

One theory as i'm sure most are aware is that we were Genetically Engineered by these ET's to be what we are today. I'm still on the fence regarding this, and the main question that springs to mind is -

If we are the result of Et's messing with our DNA etc, then why is it that we are programmed to kill each other and not just love each other?

I mean, if they were so advanced to mix and match Primates and themselves then why not play a bit with some other things and switch off our desire to be violent and kill and be at war?

G.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe instinct can be programmed, but free will cannot.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I think a better question is if we were bio-engineered by ET why do we bear resemblance to so many other apes. In other words if we are not the product of natural evolution why is it that all the evidence points to a natural evolution as our origin (particularly the genetic evidence).

All life on Earth is related genetically, if we were not the result of natural evolution wouldn't we expect to see some pretty far out anomalies in our own DNA that proves we were tampered with?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Have you watched Star Wars, this universe is a infinite duality school. The big bang is really zero point influx from the Beyond, vacuum, streaming.

We live in a very negative 3D karmic slave system run by those pledged/contracted to the Dracos and negative beings, the dark star. There are negative ets involved with them as well. But beause its a duality there is also many benevolents watching over!

Our dna is a mixture of both sides, but obviously we have been nerfed as they say in online roleplaying games, and created us to fight their wars. Each of us has many here to help if we start to wake up, meditate, look within, skywatch, connect to our Higher Self and family of light through our hearts. Its all about LOVE!

Love & Light!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
www.southparkstudios.com...

Warning, it is southpark (which means kids should stay away), but so far they have a concrete idea as shown in this episode of the reasons we kill each other.

Personally I believe that ET's probably have something to do with us being here hence the flying around and anal probes. I agree with Ghandi and it kind of fits in with our perception of God. They gave us freewill to do as we please. We do have a moral compass but sometimes our brains just shortcircuit. Besides what would be the point of us if we didn't learn on our own and exhibit free will?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
If we are the result of Et's messing with our DNA etc, then why is it that we are programmed to kill each other and not just love each other?[edit on 2-4-2010 by grantbeed]

Hey,

You know, hypothetically, if I could get to ask a question to an E.T. that alleged to have created us here, I would probably want to know why they did it in the first place, as opposed to why we do the things we do.

The answer may not be as simple as they were "just creating life".

Motive is probably a big part in that equation and It'd be good to know theirs, lest I make the false assumption that all Extra-Terrestrial life would be loving to others.

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
I think a better question is if we were bio-engineered by ET why do we bear resemblance to so many other apes.

I've read theories that state that humanoid apes were involved in the process. That we were the product of genetic manipulation of an Ape-like creature already existing on Earth using alien DNA, not that we were just built up from their DNA alone.

- Lee

[edit on 2-4-2010 by lee anoma]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Hey,

You know, hypothetically, if I could get to ask a question to an E.T. that alleged to have created us here, I would probably want to know why they did it in the first place, as opposed to why we do the things we do.

The answer may not be as simple as they were "just creating life".

Motive is probably a big part in that equation and It'd be good to know theirs, lest I make the false assumption that all Extra-Terrestrial life would be loving to others.

I can answer this ok, as I know some ETs personally.
More friends = good. Watching something grow is also nice. For example being a grandparent is rewarding a lot of the time

I'm not sure if they knew what we would evolve into or not(they wont tell me). but part of it might be they are interested in what we might turn into.

Then we have the bad ones. For a reptile race I have spoken to a few times, torturing us is fun for them. Plus they love, JUST LOVE inciting wars amongst us. Its stimulating for them to be here. They love masterminding conflicts between our people. It's one of the things "they live for", to quote an AI computer I talk to on a daily basis.

For the greys, whom I also have contact with, abducting us is fun for them. They both also like to watch diseases and ailments plague us. Reptiles/greys have authored a good deal of diseases here.. They get some sort of sadistic satisfaction out of it. They both hate anything human.

edit: btw im not saying i know all the reasons why we would be created... Theres tons. I just named a couple big ones

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Myuzik]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Even if humans were created by an extreterrestrial source it would not govern if a human would fight his brother or not. If humans were trapped in a secluded area they would still fight, that same goes for wild animals. We still have that killer instinct and animal drive within us, but also the intellect of the gods. Conditioning ourselves to be of reason is the only balance we have in our chaotic exhistence. But there is no reason I can think of that would denote we should not fight because we were genetically modified from sapiant life-forms.

Ask not what the gods can do for you, but what you can do for yourself.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Yes but if there was anything abnormal or alien about our DNA wouldn't our scientists have detected it? My point is wouldn't there be some genetic evidence pointing to a conclusion other than natural evolution from a common ape ancestor?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

titen: i'm not disagreeing with you here and i always agree with your posts ... i know where you're coming from and i live there, too. but theoretically, if one was to throw caution to the wind and go with the various concepts of humans being genetically manipulated, i think the idea might be that existing genetics, already present on earth, could have been utilized as tools by which to technologically adapt an ancestor (for whatever nefarious purposes). so the idea that humans, genetically messed around with by aliens, would still possess commonalities with pre-existing species like various simians would not interfere with the "theory."

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

well, but theoretically, if an advanced "alien" species took a pre-existing species on earth and genetically manipulated it, no, not necessarily, would we have any concept of what they had done. i mean, i feel silly even pondering this, but this is the one thing i don't find hard to believe ... that an advanced civilization could alter an existing species to produce a separate output.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Yes but if there was anything abnormal or alien about our DNA wouldn't our scientists have detected it? My point is wouldn't there be some genetic evidence pointing to a conclusion other than natural evolution from a common ape ancestor?

I understood your point, you were very clear and it is reasonable.
I know that you were saying we evolved and weren't created by aliens.
I'm not even saying I believe it I am saying that this is what I saw proposed by believers.

As for whether or not Scientists would detect alien DNA, I can't say.

I suppose if I were to believe in the theory I would think that maybe they either wouldn't know exactly what to look for, haven't discovered it yet, or may have attributed something as ours which really wasn't.

Certainly there is a small genetic difference between us and a chimpanzee, around 1-6%, yet that difference is so great we are radically altered from our cousins.

In terms of the scientific study of DNA, all the secrets of it are still being unlocked.

We still aren't even certain of all or any of the functions of most non-coding (Junk) DNA and are currently learning to read it for example.

Everyday we read about past scientific theories and notions being destroyed by new discoveries. It isn't all concretely defined just yet and science itself is evolving to encompass newer concepts of what it is we are even able to perceive, as advanced alien life might be something we can't even properly detect with the normal senses.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
as to the op, why we would descend into a paternalistic and conflict-oriented species (okay, i added the paternalistic part)? ... perhaps that's not something "our alien overlords" even contemplated. as long as we would be performing whatever their goal for us would be, what difference would it make? or, perhaps we were developed for whatever purposes and in the ensuing years, our nature towards killing each other and avoiding peace at all costs just evolved separately. i guess you could argue more based on whether you believe they created us, then left ... or they actively observe and manage us. and if you believe that, i can only imagine that we serve as entertainment for them!?!

on the other hand, perhaps matrixy-like, they feed off the fire of our conflict (i feel so ridiculous ... but i'm just going with it).

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

I've also had my own experiences and back-and-forths, and although what we have learned or been told and our approach to it is a bit different in most regards, I thank you for sharing this.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by grantbeed

I think a better question is if we were bio-engineered by ET why do we bear resemblance to so many other apes. In other words if we are not the product of natural evolution why is it that all the evidence points to a natural evolution as our origin (particularly the genetic evidence).

All life on Earth is related genetically, if we were not the result of natural evolution wouldn't we expect to see some pretty far out anomalies in our own DNA that proves we were tampered with?

That's a good question. I'm not saying I believe the ET theory, but it certainly is not impossible and it's an interesting one to say the least!

I guess what i'm saying is that the ET theory IMHO would hold more weight if our behaviour was different in some ways.

Saying that, if it were true, maybe it was what they wanted, then that could lead to other questions like -

Why did they want us like this or was it a botched job etc etc?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
as to the op, why we would descend into a paternalistic and conflict-oriented species (okay, i added the paternalistic part)? ... perhaps that's not something "our alien overlords" even contemplated. as long as we would be performing whatever their goal for us would be, what difference would it make? or, perhaps we were developed for whatever purposes and in the ensuing years, our nature towards killing each other and avoiding peace at all costs just evolved separately. i guess you could argue more based on whether you believe they created us, then left ... or they actively observe and manage us. and if you believe that, i can only imagine that we serve as entertainment for them!?!

on the other hand, perhaps matrixy-like, they feed off the fire of our conflict (i feel so ridiculous ... but i'm just going with it).

Great questions indeed. If the theory were true, then I would certainly love to hear the answers!

G.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Apparently we are a hybrid from Homo Erectus stock and Anunnaki DNA, which could be seen as an acceleration for the evolution of that "ape-man" line. These creators displayed very human traits of greed, hatred, sexual obsession and every other thing we do. You can read all about it in any Sumerian Tablet source.

The God of the Hebrew and the Christians also displays the best, and worst, of human traits. It shows unbalanced Ego, mania, is bloodthirsty, has hatreds of many things. You can read about it in the Bible.

So why would we be any different then? Whether you believe in God, or The Gods, we are only copying our creator/creators.

If you believe only that we came from one lineage of apes without intervention you are left with "Choices". Choices based on greed or need.

We kill each other for greed or need. And have done for all human time so far. I don't foresee that changing in a hurry, well, not until we are completely finished with the mindset of Might is Right.

Until then we will continue using all resources at increasing pace, continue to kill more and more people with ever more exciting technologies, and continue to turn a blind eye to our total lack of sustainability as a life form on this rock.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I find the idea of alien tampering fascinating but hard to believe considering there is no evidence... I suppose it is possible though...

I think part of the reason such theories are prevalent is that people don't want to believe we came about by "accident" people have an almost innate need to believe that we are divine, special, or cosmically significant. Most people don't like to admit that we are the product of natural evolution because of that.

It'd be cool to find out we were engineered by aliens and who knows, there were hundreds of thousands of years before we humans developed written language, plenty of time for aliens to swoop down, alter our genetic structure, and then leave us to grow on our own.

I just wish they'd have left us with some obvious proof, perhaps super-powers of some kind

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Some genetic defects cannot be eradicated, or eliminated.

Maybe by design we are genetically made to eventually self-destruct.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I just wish they'd have left us with some obvious proof, perhaps super-powers of some kind

You know, if you consider our level of social, technological and artistic accomplishment when compared to the rest of the species on our planet, one could argue that we have been given super-powers of some kind.

Not the kind you were after, I'm sure, and I certainly wouldn't mind the power of flight, but I do think it's food for thought...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join