It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions will lose unemployment benefit extensions April 5th

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
I just want to say to anyone on here in need.

I have a little land, nothing fancy, in fact far from it. If you need a place to camp, park and RV build a whatever to live in until this all ends. Then my place is here for you. For as long as you need it.

My friend this is great gesture from you. This is what real humans do when they see a way to help others in a bind. They don't babble bull about it's nobodys fault but your own you are in this shape. They help as they can they don't count the money in their bank accounts and say tuff. When and if it happens to me and my wife I sure hope there is a kind caring freedomataprice standing there. Sad but it appears like as time goes on there are less and less true humans like you out there. Human greed is one of the things got this economy in it's present condition.

Here is a forum that lots of the folks in this predicament hang out on.
unemployed-friends.forumotion.com...

Maybe some just don't realize the seriousness and they actually do still think that all of us useless UI folks are lazy bums. And I am sure there are those leeching just because they can. But where we are the unemployment rate is very close to 13% and I am sure it is much higher than they admit to it being. And don't forget those that drop of UI are no longer counted in those numbers.

In 45 years of supporting myself I sure can't find a job now. And I am one that will take any job for any wages always have been. I have worked and supported myself and a family since I was 17 years old. So it is bad where I am. And there are many states and areas lots worse than here.

To all out there in my predicament I say.
Heads up, Chins forward, Eyes wide open, and Keep marching.

My hat (if I wore one) comes off to freedomataprice.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
They finally got their health care bill and left for the Easter recess without extending unemployment benefit extensions.

The Democrats got their healthcare bill in and also intended to extend unemployment benefits, unfortunately GOP senators decided to block it off as a way to get back over the healthcare bill:

Democrats are banking on another backlash against Senate Republicans for leaving town without extending unemployment benefits.

For the second time in March, GOP senators are blocking swift passage of an extension to unemployment insurance.

thehill.com...

But like you say, it was the Democrats that got their healthcare bill, but forgot unemployment right? This was exactly the tactic of the GOP. Neither party is good right now, but lets be alittle more accurate right?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You are right on this issue this one can not be placed at the democrats doorstep but I can see how the republicans have been holding it up. They are playing games with peoples lives and I find that abhorrent.

Even with people who disagree as much as we do there is always common ground you just need to look for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just wanted to bump this thread. Reason being I made an offer and I wanted as many ATSers to see it as possible.

So again....If you are in need of a place to stay due to the current economic situation, I have some land in Mid-Missouri that you are welcome to camp, RV, or build a whatever on until you are back on your feet.

Best of luck to us all.

U2U me for more info.

BTW this is a no strings attached offer.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

I just wanted to say what an amazingly kind and compassionate individual you are. Hugs to you for reaching out to others.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Both parties are in the crapper as far as I am concerned; however, as to being accurate...if Democrats can pass a major bill like health care with every Republican going against it -- tell me how the Republicans blocked this? They are playing the same game now.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well it has been a few weeks now since the beginning if this thread and I see this was all baloney.No big change in unemployment benies.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join