It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions will lose unemployment benefit extensions April 5th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovs cat

Thank you for sharing your personal story and you are not alone. I dare say millions are felling the same way right now. And dont take what the others say personally they are not informed and have a very narrow view of the world.

It funny because in reality it effects them just as much because if it all comes down they will lose to. But I guess it is easier to attack then to look at the big picture.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

lol not certain how to embed a link

Michigan unemployment numbers

ok i figured it out , this article was from December , Detroit News is stating almost 30% currently.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You can actually see on this thread how the 'divided we fall' works and the governments around the world have mastered this. This is a really complicated matter.

I have been outta work now since this whole crisis kicked in. Couple of years. I am in Ireland. They have completely split the country over here. They have the public service and private sector at each others throats. The only reason I am still eating is because my wife has some work.

I want to work. I cannot get work. People who are working are under severe pressure , paying extra taxes and working longer hours. THey are been treated like dirt and really mad.They assume people outta work are at home scratching their asses waiting on the next handout.

There is no way I can explain how bad it has been umemployed. I know that I am viewed as a complete failure in modern day society now. At this stage now I have fought all the demons that come visiting. Some days can be very dark. People offer loads of advice but there is only so long you can pretend to be positive. There is no hope left. The governemnt is doing nothing to create any jobs in the country.

I don't drink and keep active to keep my mind positive. It didn't always work though. I used to let it get to me. Get really upset and depressed. Some really dark days. I have probably come through the worst of it now. I just had to move to a state of acceptance. I have accepted now that I will probably loose everything. I mean everything. I have accepted that I have no future and I also know there are hundreds of thousands in the same boat in this country. Millions elsewhere. So many people have no idea how bad things really are. I can't help feeling the whole world is on the brink.

I do appreciate seeing some positive comments in this thread particulary the opening post. However, so many people do not understand how many people are broken because of unemployment. I don't mean broke, I mean really broken people.

I watch news from all over Europe and US and see there are all trying to put a positive spin on figures from US. I know this is all a crock. It maybe just to try and keep people calm while they are all off on Hols. Or maybe its the last feed of bull to the masses before the final act is about to be played out. We shall see.

Peace to all

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
All of you that ARE on and have been sitting home collecting unemployment bennies deserve this. Frankly,.. it pisses me off that you have relyed on someone else to support your bad habit of lazieness. What,.. your company closed it's doors or eliminated your job?? Well suck it up.. You all should have been smart enough to gain more education, and do something about it before the S H T F!!!.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I wish you the best of luck too. Hang in there and maybe things will start to pick up for you. I don't think unemployment is as rampant where I am, but I see it is the worst I have ever seen in my life. I can only imagine what you're going through, and I really do hope this starts to get better nationwide.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
All of you that ARE on and have been sitting home collecting unemployment bennies deserve this. Frankly,.. it pisses me off that you have relyed on someone else to support your bad habit of lazieness. What,.. your company closed it's doors or eliminated your job?? Well suck it up.. You all should have been smart enough to gain more education, and do something about it before the S H T F!!!.

And what would you do with these so called lazy ppl? Gas em and dispose of them? Jeez man, you sound like a jackass.

Anyone who gets laid off is lazy? What are you, 12 years old?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I just love your attitude man. Stars all around my friend. Can everyone give this guy a star. He is just so enlightened. So clued in.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I was laid off last year, I am not lazy, i do go out and go to interviews, but NO ONE is hiring! I wish i was off this damn UI, i want to work!

When you do have a job, you pay a % to UI, in case you well... lose your job like i did.

so for the ones on this thread who think the people on UI are lazy uneducated leeches, think again. we were in the work force at one point, dumping our money into the same system, money that's rightfully mine as well as yours.

if any of you employed people who are pissed off because you think were leeches...i really hope you get a chance to live in my shoes, and your perspective will do a 180. I guarantee it!

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

LOL dont feed the trolls.. Im educated enough, lol. I built and programmed robots and have several trades to fall back on. There are no jobs. I know this was a very lame attempt to rile some people up , but when (not if) it hits you, I hope you have a change of attitude towards getting help. BTW I hope your continuing your education , your spelling is abhorent.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Nobody is hiring period? I can go to monster or craigslist and find you many who are. I can tell you I hire people and have an opening right now that is hard to fill with a target of 68 k per year.

What industry? I would apply right now if my skills matched.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Ive actually got it better than most. So Im not sweating the small stuff, I will tell you the brightest side to all this....

Easter dinner at the folks house will look like a kings buffet

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Not sure where you got that I was 'looking down my nose' at anyone, nor what kind of trolling you think I'm doing. Perhaps re-read my comments, but to summarize - again - I do simpathize with hard working people trying their best to find work like yourself. I simply can't know the situation you're in because I am fortunate enough to have a job (for now).

I honestly hope you do find work... soon and wish you the best of luck. However, my point was that I don't think in general that people are ready yet to go door to door begging for a job, or willing to take 1/2 pay while also working 80 hours/week... and most likely they won't until the benefits stop coming in and they are starving.

I'm not saying that's a good thing or bad... just that's what I believe will happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Actually i quoted what you said in agreement lol. There are many who milk the system , I was just explaining that it wasnt everyone who does , nor is it rainbows and unicorns for those drawing benefits. Im not here to make personal stabs at anyones opinions.

Im just another american feeling the choke, hoping and wishing that all in this situation can walk away unscathed and those not yet in it can either avoid it or understand that the anger not be directed towards one another , but towards the greed that manifest this situation.

Once again I hope you understand my post wasnt directed towards you

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So if you get laid off, your just supposed to cry about it and expect someone to keep payin your debt? Bullsh*t.. No I am not 12 years old jacka$$.. I am a company owner that knew better. I don't rely on anyone to support me. especially the government. Quite simply, those that were waiting in the unemployment line just weren't bright enough to make it in the real world, believing in the superficial security of their employer. So if this hurts your feelings... grow up and accept that the tit is dry.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

I was laid off last year, I am not lazy, i do go out and go to interviews, but NO ONE is hiring! I wish i was off this damn UI, i want to work!

When you do have a job, you pay a % to UI, in case you well... lose your job like i did.

so for the ones on this thread who think the people on UI are lazy uneducated leeches, think again. we were in the work force at one point, dumping our money into the same system, money that's rightfully mine as well as yours.

if any of you employed people who are pissed off because you think were leeches...i really hope you get a chance to live in my shoes, and your perspective will do a 180. I guarantee it!

You are talking to the wrong person. I think your beef is with drummerboy. He believes that reading books somehow magically creates jobs.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

LMAO ok buddy then let's hear it......just exactly what type of business do you have? I GUARANTEE you've benefitted from the government in some way shape or form. So come on tell us what type of business you own!!!!!!!!!!

link   

To be honest I dont know how you can run a business. Youre not even a very good troll

and to Ugie im gonna take a stab and say his business is not developing spellcheck software

[edit on 2-4-2010 by pavlovs cat]

link   

I know, i clicked on the wrong reply button.

My fault. but yea, your right, it was DB.

EDIT: fixed it for ya

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Got it... like I said, best of luck to you. I really do wish there was something I could do.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Please post your company name. I think your workers need to know how you feel about them. That is if you have any workers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join