It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions will lose unemployment benefit extensions April 5th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
They finally got their health care bill and left for the Easter recess without extending unemployment benefit extensions. All three tiers of unemployment extensions will be cut off effective April 5th, 2010. If you are lucky enough to get an extension before that time you will be allowed to collect that tier in full.

Everyone, it is time you start helping your neighbors, friends and family. The government don't care that unemployment is at 13% and that's just the people on unemployment. They will cut that down to 8% and claim the bailouts worked. Meanwhile everyone will know differently.

Here is a link from Alabama:
www.waff.com...

Since the beginning of the recession, Congress has passed four separate extensions for unemployment compensation benefits. The first tier extended benefits for an additional 20 weeks, the second 14 weeks, the third 13 weeks, and the fourth six weeks.

These extra weeks are added to the regular state benefits of 26 weeks. Congress also passed a law adding an additional $25 a week to each claimant's state benefits.

All of these measures are set to expire April 5, 2010. DIR will be notifying claimants by mail as their benefits expire.

The Department estimates that at least 20,000 Alabamians will be immediately affected by this change.

I wonder if this is why the FED's have called an emergency meeting on April 5th?
www.federalreserve.gov...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That's going to be 20,000 pissed off people in Alabama. Wait till it goes nationwide, add up the pissed off people. We got a lot of pissed off people incoming?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My mom is on her 58th week and she will file again on April 5. I think she is in tier 3. Will she recieve her check on April 5? And what will happen with her unemployment?

Oops forgot to add that this will be her last check in tier 3. She talk to an Unemployment Insurance woman about 2 weeks back and she said her claim will be extended but they are not sure if there will be any money in the next tier for her to claim. This was before the whole UI extension at the end of the month. They said that when/if she gets her extension she will go into tier 3 again because she was kicked into tier 3 from tier 2 while she still had money in tier 2. Long and unnecessary story.

If you can answer this I will be very greatefull.

[edit on 4/2/10 by Misoir]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

I really hope mine are extended. talked to a rep back in feb. she said my benefits should be extended until august...

*CROSSES FINGERS*

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Yeah that is just Alabama and those 20,000 are the people that become due for extensions that week of April 5th. Every state will have 20,000+ weekly losing benefits with no work out there. But the good news is all those with jobs will be getting laid off soon and you can join the unemployed and get one round of unemployment benefits. Congress is out 2 weeks so hundreds of thousands will become ineligible within that time. Then if they decide to pass an extension bill it will take them weeks to get it through.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Nope she won't be able to extend after April 4th. So if she is up for extension on April 5th, she needs to have that approved before that time. Most Employment Benefits offices file for your extensions the week prior to you running out. She may slip through, unless they are holding approvals until after the date.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well as an Alabamian I should probably seek shelter. People down here are generally pissed at Obama right now anyways and they weren't too happy with the guy he replaced either. We have a great deal of people in our state that have died or are dying for their country, when this extra stress happens who knows what these people will be capable of. I really need to play some more fallout 3 and get my butt prepared.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by Misoir

Nope she won't be able to extend after April 4th. So if she is up for extension on April 5th, she needs to have that approved before that time. Most Employment Benefits offices file for your extensions the week prior to you running out. She may slip through, unless they are holding approvals until after the date.

Will she recieve her check on April 5 though. This will be her last check in tier 3, so will she recieve this check atleast?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Great..

I am supposed to get my extension letter on the 19th exactly...

Great... does this mean im screwed?

I just got my 2nd extension back in jan too!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes, she will get all of her current tier. Anyone extending after that date will not be allowed the next tier, so they will be cut off from unemployment benefits.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Like I have said many times if the unemployment runs out watch out the nation will fall apart. This is a huge deal and they better do something or we are in for a very bumpy ride.

I went so far as to even start a thread about it I think it is that important and really it is that last straw for many people. They need to do something and do it fast before the money stops flowing. I know it is not a good thing do have so many people that need this but look around there are no jobs to be had and if the money stops it will cascade to every corner of this nation.

Think about this way many people are barely holding on to their houses and being able to feed themselves when you take this away it can only lead to one thing when they can not go and find work.

Think about this how many meals would you need to miss before you had to do something about it? maybe 10-15 meals how many people are on the 8th and 9th meal right now in America?

link   
If even half of the people who lose their benefits join the crowds that are supposed to be gathering on April 19th, they just may be the fuse on that particular powder keg.

link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I believe that I read somewhere that when these fools get back to work after sunday they will begin to debate an unemployment extension bill and then it will have to pass. So I'm guessing that will take about 1 week then it will take 3 weeks for everyone to recieve their checks.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I am right with you. I have been waiting for approval for two months. I called and they said they are in the final stages awaiting approval. If they don't pass another bill your unemployment extensions will be cut off. That means no more money, homelessness, and no gas to drive to job interviews.

Is congress out of their minds! Go on a two week vacation for Easter, out of all dates, and let people starve?! I hope they all go to their churches and give generously, because the churches might be the only thing left to help the poor.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This will turn into protests. Along with all the other protests. These protests together could turn into riots very easily. Said riots could and probably will turn into martial law. Incoming what we have been preparing for...When you start taking away the money that feeds a person and their family, and you start creating a population of needy and desperate people, BAD things happen, and they happen fast.

I would bet a lot of these people unemployed afforded a gun or two.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I know many homeowners that have taken in an unemployed person that now helps pay the mortgage. Imagine that income is taken and now the homeowner has to foreclose.

A guy down the road from me has been paying for his home for 10 years, never missed a payment. He lost his job and fell a month behind. Unable to make up the missed month but continually paying, the bank is taking his home.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
EX,

I hope your right. I need this extension, or im finished.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
This will turn into protests. Along with all the other protests. These protests together could turn into riots very easily. Said riots could and probably will turn into martial law. Incoming what we have been preparing for...When you start taking away the money that feeds a person and their family, and you start creating a population of needy and desperate people, BAD things happen, and they happen fast.

I would bet a lot of these people unemployed afforded a gun or two.

This issue will be health care times 10. They have no idea the powder keg they have just lit. People will be so mad that they are not getting benefits while their representatives are on paid vacation.

Just watch this could be the straw. People were mad about health care but this is a much bigger issue people could lose their homes and not eat or lose what little they have left. This is a HUGE and it will be all we talk about in one weeks time if nothing is done to fix it.

Also think about this health care was all about politics this issue is not. They will have both sides screaming at the top of their lungs. And when both sides get together watch out!!!!!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hey lets take away your money you need because we created a fail economy. By the way we want to tax you more because we LOVE taxes!! Good luck paying for your new health care too hahahahahah!

Pretty much what Obama and crew are chuckling about right now.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I swear they are DARING the American public to civil unrest.

i swear thats what it looks like

WTF!?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join