It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one night in an an empty pub

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

I don't mean that flippantly. Sometimes chemical influences can give you paranormal 'false positives', but I have seen an example of where something quite extraordinary was appearing to take place. That happened when I was just a boy, and at the time, I didn't understand why our neighbour/farmer was having a conversation with a chair sitting opposite him. For many years, I assumed he was just plain nuts, and had had too much wow-wee sauce, but now, after having known him for thirty years,I know that's simply not the case.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by mckyle]

My mother use to tell me about how I would talk to someone in our house when i was about five. I can't recall it - and i don't have any history of having strokes either.

From what im told there use to be a underground network linking a couple of the houses in the neighborhood from older times. contractors found it upon bulldozing an old building next door.

My grandparents now live there, and that small house still scares off visitors and family.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hondahawk

ahh thats easy. dance naked around your room while reciting van halings hot for teacher backwards. that'l get rid of anything I should think!\!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk
My mother use to tell me about how I would talk to someone in our house when i was about five. I can't recall it - and i don't have any history of having strokes either.

That's interesting that you say that. When I was around seven or eight years old, my grandmother would catch me having conversations with someone at my window in the middle of the night. Like you, I don't remember. I was probably sleep-walking, but apparently, my grandmother was able to talk to me and ask me who I was talking to: I apparently answered once "I'm taking to somebody about something". So I was lucid enough to understand the context of my grandmother's question and provide a relative answer - meaning I didn't say I was flying to my spaceship to Mars, or something similar.

My Uncle's mother had died - I believe in that house - a year or so prior to these incidents of me talking to someone.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Hi acrux.
I've never heard of that being the reason/origin for the expression - 'off/on the wagon'.
Nor have I ever heard of the practice of taking a condemned prisoner to the pub for one last drink.

www.phrases.org.uk...

Sorry should have put one of the alledged explainations of off/on the wagon.

On/Off the wagon
Meaning
'On the wagon' - abstaining from alcohol. 'Off the wagon' - returned to drinking after an attempt to give it up.

Origin
Suggested explanations of the origin of 'on the wagon' focus on actual wagons that were used to transport people; for example, condemned prisoners who had taken their last drink in this life and were transported to the gallows by wagon.

Have also seen this on a documentary about the history of criminal punishment in the UK.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Wow this is pretty freaky situation, sorry it happened to you and your friends..
I would suggest never let your fear show if you feel any when you sense it's presence. It will try and generate fear in you. If it was me I would call a reputable paranormal service or a priest. It doesn't matter if you aren't religious, the evil entities are very afraid of what a Priest represents, trust me, I know what I am talking about, and I don't mean some wiccan priest either, preferrably a catholic one, and I am not even catholic, I just know what works against these things from highly reputable sources.
nip it in the bud fast before it gets any worse. I hope everything works out okay.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk

From what im told there use to be a underground network linking a couple of the houses in the neighborhood from older times. contractors found it upon bulldozing an old building next door.

sorry about that random paragragh of info.

What i was going to say is that its believed there is remains in the tunnels of a young boy who lived in the area before my family moved there. And everyone who has been there will tell you something is wrong with that house, whether they believe in ghost stories or not.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Hondahawk]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
apparently there was a witch close by that was executed called molly leigh,,
the swan, swan square burslem
www.bbc.co.uk...

Thank you that was very intersting.
Roughly how far is this from where you were., any chance this pub you were in was "The Turk's Head", mentioned in the Molly Leigh story.

Have heard a theory that ghosts are just "photos in time". That is when certain situations occur, they can create certain engeries that became like a photo. When the engeries are just right, the scenario that was recorded can be replayed.

Have been trying to find a link to this put still looking.

I read one ghost story one time where the was a great battle. Afterwards the locals kept reporting seeing ghosts of the battle. The King of the land sent people to investigate & reported back seeing the ghost of the prince, strangely but the prince was still alive.

This was one the things used in the "photos in time" theory.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Thanks for clearing that up and thanks for the link. Findign out the origin of expressions is always itneresting

Actually, as for the analogy of ghosts being similar to recordings or 3D movies, that's something I intend (one day - meaning when I'm not so lazy), to compose a thread about.

There is supposed to a canyon somewhere in the province I live (I currently live in Sichuan China), where a great battle had taken place centuries ago. Apparently a phenomena present is the stuff of ongoing serious scientific study by a local university. What is the phenomena? Apparently, there are a multitude of reports of people hearing the sounds of a huge, pre-modern, battle taking place - screams, clangs of swords, javelins, horses, etc. But apparently, only the sounds. Nothing relating to the battle has ever actually been seen visually - just heard.

Sorry - but, as yet, I haven't any direct sources. This story however, does have merit. A group of my clients (respected businessmen and some academics, all vouched for the veracity of the story). I just wish I had pursued it more - names, locations etc, but it was something told to me over a business lunch, and I didn't get around to chasing it up. I have often since thought about it. Perhaps one day.

One that I think is compelling, is this one:

and Part 2:

Personally, I found this incident quite compelling, and if you watch it, you'll understand why

Acrux:

Sorry about the bit of confusion. So you're saying the little boy has been sighted or heard? That's intriguing. Can you tell us more about your grandparent's place? What the feeling is? How old? Where? People's specific experiences?

Sorry for the list. But what you've said really interests me.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Originally posted by mckyle
Acrux:
Sorry about the bit of confusion. So you're saying the little boy has been sighted or heard? That's intriguing. Can you tell us more about your grandparent's place? What the feeling is? How old? Where? People's specific experiences?
Sorry for the list. But what you've said really interests me.

??
Sorry don't understand this part.

Waiting for Youtube videos to download.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

the place is in a small farm town in Imperial Valley, Calif.. The house itself was rebuilt after being burned down roughly about 30 years ago, and is much smaller than it is was before.

the house feels like a dead end corner of the world because its always dark, cool and closed, but its no bigger than an apartment.

Family members recall seeing shadows and figures, unnoticed at first, but at a second glance nothing is there (this is so common there I doubt its anything paranormal most times)

My parents catch me talking to something not actually there (i cant recall doing it)

My mother went to see psychics and 'medicine men' to figure out what was going on, they all told her about someone dying painfully in the house prior to the family moving in

My oldest aunt use to wake up screaming about how she had to let a little boy out of the bathroom or he was going to kill her. from what ive known she only did that there

the house next door is bulldozed to be rebuilt, but they discover underground tunnels linking the area's houses

My oldest aunt dies (in a great state of pain), and the night after her funeral, a picture of my grandmother and my nina reveals an aura between them looking like a viscious wolf

a voice calls out my brother a few nights later through a window. he thinking it was a cousin walked outside and found nothing. the cousins showed up a few hours later from a party

And there are some people who just refuse to go into the house

This is kinda off topic but one thing i did find kind of odd was that one of my cousins, my eldest aunt, and my two dogs all died on saturdays of the same year. My cousin (who supported breast cancer) was a male and went quickly, while my aunt died slowly from breast cancer. My male dog died within a day of getting sick and exactly a week later the female died 4X as slow of the same sickness.

I don't know I'm probably looking for some reason for why they died and making it more complicated

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Sorry Acrux, I meant Hondahawk.

My apologies to both of you for the mix up.

Hondahawk: your reply noted. Just about to read it

Cheers to both of you,

Matt

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Thanks so much Hondahawk for taking the time to write down the events for me

The little boy sounds very dark indeed! Very sinister!

Can you still access the tunnel?

Do yo know the actual date the original houses were constructed?
If they had tunnels underneath, linking them, then that could possibly suggest something good, or more likely, something quite bad: I'm thinking abductions, or slaves - maybe both.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I could probably access the tunnels if there was another fire

but then again there should be a house in the vicinity that has a formal entrance

as for the age of the property, give me some time to do some digging

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

No problem Hondahawk.
Take your time

MODS: I know we might be drifting a little off topic, but with the conspicuous absence of the OP, and the fact that a few of us are nonetheless enjoying the thread, I hope you can be kind enough to allow us to slightly digress

[edit on 3-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Thanks for videos. Intersting how description say they couldn't see legs until they were at the ground level from their own time.

When my own children first heard ghost story & were all freaked out, I told them about the photos in time & they seemed less worried then.

My own personal experience with a ghost was I was living in a house where someones known to have died, it wasd after midnight, when I could hear the shower running at a strong pressure. Now I knew my wife was in bed asleep, & my children were still only babies. When I opened the door to the bathroom the shower stopped instantly. There was water draining down the plughole & the air was full of steam, but nobody there. I was nervous of course. I just straight out said aloud, "I don't know who you are, I don't care who you are, you're dead so F-off".
Didn't have any other encounters after that, but I wasn't actually living there for much longer after this. The house was no older than 50 years & it had been a former tenant that had died in it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I am here yes lol i do have nights off ats lol.

great vid, really freaky, I originally come from an area that has a roman road and I've walked down it many times but never seen anything at all, I wouldn't know what to think if i did!

how did your previous tenant die???

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Couldn't say for sure how he'd died as I was only renting that house myself. The neighbours had told me he had been an old bloke. They hadn't seen him for about a week. When someone went, he was found sat up in a chair.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Glad you liked the vid mate

As I said, I intend to do a post about that incident, and I've actually sent out some emails to a couple of the local paranormal investigators in York, to see if they can get me in contact with Harry Martindale (the man who had the strange encounter with the Legionnaires).

The most compelling thing to me, was how he described two specific dress/ equipment characteristics, that were quite peculiar to legionnaires of York, and were actually not known by academics at the time he provided the description. In fact, at the time, Harry was believed to have been 'caught out' about those facts. However, in the end, it was Harry who had the last laugh on the historians, who were shown to be wrong, and deferred to Harry.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by acrux

I am here yes lol i do have nights off ats lol.

great vid, really freaky, I originally come from an area that has a roman road and I've walked down it many times but never seen anything at all, I wouldn't know what to think if i did!

Erm, I posted the vid :/

But, if you don't want to acknowledge me, that's OK.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

I did thank you silly, just not quite sure on how to reply by quote snipping yet

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join