It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one night in an an empty pub

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i did already write this but mods deleted it here we go again.

once my friend was offered to clean a pub and get it ready to run and open it, after a few hours of being there she called me and my partner to go up and help etc and be there when I got there she was freaked, I thought this was hilarious
she said she heard noises etc.
After being there for a while we heard thumps coming from almost everywhere but mainly loud ones in the back room, so I turned off all the bar fridges lights etc, apart from the room we was in to narrow it down. upon leaving the bar i felt weird.
we sat there it happened again thump thump I grabbed a fire shovel and went in sat there and said hello etc and tried be brave, my friends thought I was nuts, I must have been!,, nothing no noises
went back
sat there thump thump tink I went back sat there for 10minutes nothing went back nothing... i left the room, i felt as if i was being watched, i sat in the other room heard it again we freaked i grabbed the shovel ran round into the room and I heard almost like a thousand whispers and people talking like the pub was completely full,, i shouted my friend and they came in and said argh I can heard people, we was utterly freaked we heard a busy pub people talking everywhere we ran out and the green spot lights just turned on for no reason and started to flash, we managed to turn them off by only pulling out the plug the same switched that we turned off earlia without trouble had now froze and jammed so that is why we had to pull the plug,
we sat there until dawn just hearing noises everywhere we even searched the whole pub and nothing...

we left by taxi when light rose and when I got home my cat watched over me while i slept she usually sleeps with me but she sat on the tele it was very strange, when i woke up 7hrs later she was sat there in the same position looking at me, the next day she disappeared without a trace, I never even let her out the house and she was never seen again just gone,,
i am pretty sure something followed me, after that things got strange too, things going missing or strange blurs around the ceiling area and moving, whatever it was seemed like it liked my living room

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
your giving me Paranormal Activity flashbacks

are you sure your cat isnt possesed

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hondahawk

paranormal flashbacks...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Have you seen the movie Paranormal Activity? thats what i was refering to

do your friends feel like something was following them too?

And also for the other story what were doing in an empty hospital

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

it wasn't an empty hospital, come to mention of it it was the same friend I was with at the hospital, she needed an x-ray on her foot but while we was waiting in the corridor something behind me was tugging on my top, a bit like a kid wanting my attention,, it was freaky there was no-one there,
i saw 5mins of that film but my partner told me to turn it off as it was boring so I haven't seen all of it

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

my friends thought I was nuts, I must have been!,,

Here you go...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

lol im not nuts lol, i was just bravely nuts, because I always wanted to see something like that to see if it was real, they heard it too

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reminds me, a couple of years ago I was visiting this isolated area in the arizona desert. and for two or three nights that summer someone or something would run up behind the house at two in the morning and would start howling in a low pitch. It sounded like a man, but it would sneak up really close to my dogs (who would normally bark at everyone) just outside my window.
The first time i heard it i was scared #less i didnt even dare look out my window because i knew i didn't want to see it

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

that's like really freaky wonder why on earth it would howl at your house, did anyone live close by or could it have been kids

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Years ago I remember seeing a doco on a haunted pub in the UK were people would hear things just like what you described. Anyway some science nuts went in with various things and it turned out (after much study) that the walls of the pub (the pub was several centuries old and the walls we're made of a particular type of stone) had acted like a recording device and had actually recorded sounds from different times, so that when appropriate climatic conditions where present they "played back" the sounds.
but it could be ghost's t! I've seen enough of those to believe

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

walls recording sounds???...that could be true because the old airfield is down the road and some houses report of planes taking off from the living room, the airfield isn't there anymore!
i have only ever seen shadow figures only once.

what did your ghosts look like?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No im the youngest by a generation for miles around in that area, but I was told that it might have been a skinwalker, which is assosciated with native american witchcraft

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

sounds kinda crazy I know, but it ain't! as for the ghost's I've seen, I've seen one full on human form fully clothed etc, didn't even know it was a ghost at first, and I used to have a ghost cat that would do circles on my bed at night before settling down to sleep, you'd feel it doing it but when you turned the light on nothing was there! but mostly I've just seen images out of the corner of my eye, mostly dark blurs, still enough to make me a believer.
I haven't seen a ghost for awhile now tho

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

thats crazy about the stone recording sounds, never heard about that

i don't ever think i've ever seen a dark blur i liked

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

No, to be fair the dark blurs used to give me the willy's.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Im freaking out, i keep hearing this loud lazy ticking noise, but its not a clock because it keeps stopping. not to mention i only have digital clocks in my room

and i also hear this distinct piano sound, but its only playing three keys over and over

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So what happened after you woke up?

Second line

Forgive me: I was just teasing

I've experienced something I still cannot explain, and that had has made me a lot more open to considering other's experiences.

Forgive me for asking this, but, had you been consuming any wow-wee sauce or anything similar at the time?

I don't mean that flippantly. Sometimes chemical influences can give you paranormal 'false positives', but I have seen an example of where something quite extraordinary was appearing to take place. That happened when I was just a boy, and at the time, I didn't understand why our neighbour/farmer was having a conversation with a chair sitting opposite him. For many years, I assumed he was just plain nuts, and had had too much wow-wee sauce, but now, after having known him for thirty years,I know that's simply not the case.

Sorry, going a bit off track.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Many old pubs are claimed to be haunted.

What is the age of the pub or is there any rumored or known things thast have happened there in the past?

Was there a local execution area nearby. I am asking this because when people use to be taken to be executed, they were on the back of a wagon. The wagon would stop at a pub where the prisoner could get off the wagon for one last drink, hence the old saying Öff the Wagon"in relation to drinking.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
I am asking this because when people use to be taken to be executed, they were on the back of a wagon. The wagon would stop at a pub where the prisoner could get off the wagon for one last drink, hence the old saying Öff the Wagon"in relation to drinking.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by acrux]

Hi acrux.

I've never heard of that being the reason/origin for the expression - 'off/on the wagon'.

Nor have I ever heard of the practice of taking a condemned prisoner to the pub for one last drink.

I'm very curious about your sources! Could you be kind enough to link to your sources?

Sorry to the mods if this is considered too off topic. However, if it is true about the condemned being taken to the pub/inn for one last drink, then I find that relevant to the OP's story.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
apparently there was a witch close by that was executed called molly leigh,,
the swan, swan square burslem

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join