It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seventy-nine Percent Of American Voters Say They Think The U.S. Economy Could Collapse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Source

Quote from source:

(The Intelligence Daily) — An overwhelming majority of American voters now believe that the United States could experience a total economic collapse. According to the latest Fox News poll, 79 percent of U.S. voters believe “it’s possible the nation’s economy could collapse”, and the poll found that this belief in the fragility of the American economy cuts across the entire political spectrum. The truth is that the American people, at least on some level, know that a day of reckoning is at hand. For decades, America has been enjoying the biggest party in the history of the world, but unfortunately that party was fueled by a gigantic mountain of debt, and now the bills are starting to come due. Unfortunately for those trying to do something about this economic mess, the American people are starting to realize that the U.S. economy is now basically a house of cards, and that could lead to massive financial panic when things really start to fall apart.

Normally when a poll is taken, you can see big differences in the responses based on the party affiliation of those being surveyed. But in this poll everyone seems to agree – the U.S. economy could experience a complete and total collapse.

Not only did the poll find that 84 percent of Republicans believe the U.S. economy could fall apart, 80 percent of Independents did as well, as did 72 percent of Democrats.

Glad to see people are actually paying attention to the economy rather than the MSM. The economy will collapse, and now they are raising interest rates and it will make more and more people hesitant of buying a home. So the people that cannot afford their mortgages will not even be able to sell.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The average american doesn't even know the difference between micro and macro economics. I wouldn't put much stock in what the average American thinks. Besides, 95% of statistics are made up anyway.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

Seriously I think I snorted up water on that last part. If 95% of statistics are made up maybe the 95% is made up too.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone
The average american doesn't even know the difference between micro and macro economics. I wouldn't put much stock in what the average American thinks. Besides, 95% of statistics are made up anyway.

Yknow, I agree with the whole "the average american don't know crap" thing.

So the scary thing is seeing so many of them "aware of what is really coming".

Its like a bunch of rats on a ship.

I guess all the TV in the world can't stop "the average joe" from smelling the coffee when it is so close to serving time.

Piping hot!

I can tell by your post here that you do not think the American economy is on the verge of literally "eating itself".

I do not agree.

Get ready for some hot coffee on your new pants.

S&F

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well it has become so obvious even the financially uneducated can figure it out.
Something will have to give way soon, inflation, taxes, devaluation, dollar dropping, are all on the table.
I hope people are ready when it all comes crashing down?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Time to switch back to a capital based economy. Debt based is too easy for the elite to manipulate.

There are a lot of places switching to silver again. Time to take the power out of the bansksters and the corporations.

S&F for the article. I guess it is never too late to wake them up.

I was talking on another thread about chaos. The more anyone tries to control chaos, be it mathematics or information, the more you lose control. The lies are becoming so blatant that it is actually letting more of the info out.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just because a large majority of people think something is true...doesn't actually make it true.

Agreed?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I agree, anytime where the rich can separate themselves so much from the common person is never a good thing.

I hope people realize soon that this is coming if not when everything does go down there will be a messed up country. It will not be long before we start looking third world.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It makes it true if it is true though. The economists of the world are saying the economy cannot sustain itself, I do not think they are trying fear mongering but I could be wrong.

Think about the debt and where it is, now think of the fact that the baby boomers are starting to retire about now. How is it possible that the economy can sustain that demand while trying to get out of debt?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
79%? Just who the hell are these people that make up the other 21%?

If you can't see the potential economic disaster that is waiting just around the corner then you are either blind, living in a wretched state of denial, or one of the few who have enough resources to not worry about it.

This train went off the tracks a decade ago and instead of making efforts to correct the problems, people went out and bought $80,000 Hummers and mcmansions that were beyond their range of affordability. They wagered everything into credit cards and massive unsupported amounts of debt, trying to outdo the Jones's next door.

Our politicians threw away trillions of dollars on costly, wasteful programs. They spent billions of our dollars on wars that were of no vital importance to our safety, they paid themselves by the truck load and demolished all of our industry for the benefit of their corporate whores. Irresponsible, shameful waste and mismanagement of public funds. Massive Wall st fraud, bank manipulation, pork barrell hand outs, mortgage fraud.

While our economic futures were shipped overseas and our tax dollars squandered, George W. Bush fiddled as Rome burned, like a modern day Nero. His regime ran up debts upon the backs of the American people the likes of which the world has never seen.

Now it seems we have Barak Obama being sent to deliver to us the good news. This doomsday administration, with it's absurd spending and completely insane economic policy, will be the ones to deliver our death blow. Wheather it be socialized medicine, carbon tax, unemployment, it doesn't matter. Bottom line is this country which was once so great, so prosperous, with such grand ideals and hope, is on it's last leg.

And it is OUR fault. Do you hear that folks? We allowed the politicians and the corporations to overrun our nation. We allowed the government to strip away our rights, to turn us into tax mules, to mortgage away our entire future.

We the people did it.

We sat by and watched American Idol and ate ice cream cones and cheeseburgers and drove our SUV's and took our trips to Vegas and smoked our fat cigars.......and we forgot what this nation was founded upon. We fell asleep on the watch, we allowed the crooks and the bankers and the lawyers and the greedy politicians to take our country away from us and exploit us all as fools.

And we deserve everything that happens from this point forward.

See ya in Mexico. It was fun while it lasted.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

But our dollar is not based on anything except perception. If 79% of the people feel the economy is going to implode, well that translates to the dollar.

Cause and effect.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

100% agreed.

The government is supposed to be here for us, not the other way around. We gave them too much power and too much leeway for this garbage of a life they have given us. I wish more people would say exactly what you say, because it is our fault.

But, I think we could still do something about it. I am just worried because there are too many people that think we are powerless. It's a shame really.

Oh and nice dog in your picture.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Just because a large majority of people think something is true...doesn't actually make it true.

Agreed?

Agreed.

Sadly, agreeing on that fact doesn't change anything.

This is not happening because some percentage agrees it is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the market is at an all time high since it bottomed out so why all this doom saying? pardon my ignorance

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Yes, the stock market

Every time I turn on the television or read the online news articles proclaiming "Things are improving for the economy....look we just added 10,000 new job!!" or "the stock market gained 20 points today! This must mean the recession is ending".

No. It isn't.

What people fail to understand is we are in the eye of the storm. We still have massive budget shortfalls on state and federal levels. We have a social security system which is bankrupt, we are still mired in a war in the middle east for (what reason?) that is costing billions of dollars that we don't have.

The housing markets are NOT improving, commercial real estate is just about to hit it's death spiral, which will make the first wave of real estate failures seem like nothing by comparison.

We have a national debt that is such an enormous ungodly number that most people couldn't even write it out on a peace of paper if asked to.

Unemployment in REAL unemployment terms is at or above 20%, in some states as high as 40-50%.

And to top it all off these lunatics on capital hill are hell bent and determined to cram a health care bill down our throats that will surely rob every man woman and child of this country blind for the next 100 years.

So ask yourself, are things really improving?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

thanks for the response I just think that the average person sees the stock market and says well it gained 70 points so things can't really be that bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I also think people know that the stock market can change at anytime and that is really just a temporary fix. They have seen how quick it can crash and how little time it takes to move that arrow downward. I hope the people are looking at the real facts and not just the stock market.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The "average person" is one of the big reasons we are all in this f****** mess.

People who can't be bothered to give a damn or to pay attention until hard times hit their front door.

Well here it comes "average people", I hope you learned how to grow your own food.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

well I can say I know how to be self sufficient, I know how to survive. I am prepared if need be. all I am saying is the stock market is up and interest is down and you only get mugged if you go downtown. lol I don't really know what to make of all of this all I know is if it goes down anytime in the next 6 months to a year I can't come home to protect my family which would be my main concern. so now all we can do is sit back and make planes to bug out or in. this is the first time since I joined the army years ago that I feel fear for my family.

perhaps I am over thinking the situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

79%? Just who the hell are these people that make up the other 21%?

If you can't see the potential economic disaster that is waiting just around the corner then you are either blind, living in a wretched state of denial, or one of the few who have enough resources to not worry about it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you their. I know a few people who aren't anywhere near wealthy enough to be self-sufficient, and they wouldn't even have a conversation with you about the economy unless you knocked them down, sat on their chests and slapped them around for a LONG time first.

This train went off the tracks a decade ago and instead of making efforts to correct the problems, people went out and bought $80,000 Hummers and mcmansions that were beyond their range of affordability. They wagered everything into credit cards and massive unsupported amounts of debt, trying to outdo the Jones's next door.

While at the same time, us working poor watched all the talk on TV about all this effort on the government's part for the middle class, we have been largely unaffected. We've always had crap jobs, no health insurance and we have not been affected by the "Keeping up with the Jones'", because they weren't any better than us. We'll be the ones to come out of this largely unscathed, because we never had many of the luxuries that so many others take for granted.

Our politicians threw away trillions of dollars on costly, wasteful programs. They spent billions of our dollars on wars that were of no vital importance to our safety, they paid themselves by the truck load and demolished all of our industry for the benefit of their corporate whores. Irresponsible, shameful waste and mismanagement of public funds. Massive Wall st fraud, bank manipulation, pork barrell hand outs, mortgage fraud.

90% of that alleged money is just zero's and one's in computers, and when everything does fall apart, it will evaporate. That's too bad, because you can't wipe your butt on data.

While our economic futures were shipped overseas and our tax dollars squandered, George W. Bush fiddled as Rome burned, like a modern day Nero. His regime ran up debts upon the backs of the American people the likes of which the world has never seen.

Bush, like Obama is just a puppet, a public relations talking head more than any sort of leader. The only reason the NWO didn't run his brother Jeb out to take over is that they wanted to stun and blind us with Obama's "Change you can believe in" mumbo-jumbo. I feel like such a dolt for falling for it, but I'm all over it now.

Now it seems we have Barak Obama being sent to deliver to us the good news. This doomsday administration, with it's absurd spending and completely insane economic policy, will be the ones to deliver our death blow. Wheather it be socialized medicine, carbon tax, unemployment, it doesn't matter. Bottom line is this country which was once so great, so prosperous, with such grand ideals and hope, is on it's last leg.

And it is OUR fault. Do you hear that folks? We allowed the politicians and the corporations to overrun our nation. We allowed the government to strip away our rights, to turn us into tax mules, to mortgage away our entire future.

We the people did it.

We sat by and watched American Idol and ate ice cream cones and cheeseburgers and drove our SUV's and took our trips to Vegas and smoked our fat cigars.......and we forgot what this nation was founded upon. We fell asleep on the watch, we allowed the crooks and the bankers and the lawyers and the greedy politicians to take our country away from us and exploit us all as fools.

And we deserve everything that happens from this point forward.

See ya in Mexico. It was fun while it lasted.

I hope you and your army are well equipped, because Mexico is rapidly turning into the wild west on steroids.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by warpcrafter]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join