It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Issues $333 Billion Net In Marketable Debt In March, Second Biggest Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

US Government Issues $333 Billion Net In Marketable Debt In March, Second Biggest Ever

www.zerohedge.com

In March, the US government issued a massive amount of debt: $332.8 billion - the biggest amount ever since the all time record of $545 billion raised (most of it purchased by the Fed) during the apex of the financial crisis in October 2008. The US Treasury had $12.717 trillion in debt subject to limit at the end of March, compared to just $12.384 trillion in the beginning of the month. The private-to-public debt transfer is going as planned, still in the full absence of the shadow economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I just cannot BELIEVE it has come to this. 332 BILLION IN NEW DEBT IN A MONTH! That means ALMOST 4, YES FOUR TRILLIONS ANNUALLY IN NEW DEBT.

FOUR TRILLIONS PEOPLE! FOUR TRILLIONS!!!!!!! I CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH! FOUR, FOUR TRILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just crazy... Why do you think Obama wanted to pass Health Care ``Reform``? To help ya? Or to TAX ya?

I expect them to pass CAP AND TRADE, to TAX ya, and AMNESTY so they can TAX THEM... all that, as fast as they can before the boat sinks.

And Bernanke is talking about RAISING INTEREST RATES. Do you know what that will do? TOTAL FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON IS WHAT WILL THAT DO.

www.zerohedge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
To put it in some perspective just how huge that is. The entire deficit for the year of 2005 was $319 billion. Which was bad enough and largely due to the expsense of the mid east wars. $333 billion in a month is mind boggling and they needed to borrow this amount of cash due to budget deficit of $220 billion during Feburary.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by 4ortunate1]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The FED itself seems to be afraid...

EMERGENCY MEETING OF THE FED APRIL 5.

Here

It is anticipated that a closed meeting of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, April 5, 2010, will be held under expedited procedures, as set forth in section 26lb.7 of the Board's Rules Regarding Public Observation of Meetings, at the Board's offices at 20th Street and C Streets, N.W., Washington, D.C. The following items of official Board business are tentatively scheduled to be considered at that meeting.

Meeting date: April 5, 2010

To Be Discussed: Review and determination by the Board of Governors of the advance and discount rates to be charged by Federal Reserve Banks.

A final announcement of matters considered under expedited procedures will be available in the Board's Freedom of Information and Public Affairs Offices and on the Board's Web site following the closed meeting.

If they raise interest rate next week, it's over. Or will they flood the hedge fund again with money to raise the stock market? I don't have a good gut feeling anyway.

Or maybe they'll just announce that the US is bankrupt...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

that sucks for you guys thats like $40000 worth of debt for each person living in the usa, but then again debt is just a meaningless number until its time to pay the debt collector

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
House hold debt in Australia is roughly $35,000 per person. Woman, man and child.
But because you have 10 times the population it makes it look a whole world worse!
When it comes down to it, as long as you get your pay check each week and you can buy your groceries and put fuel in your car to get to work next week, who gives about the most fraudulent country's bank account!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I woke up to the sound of an overweight woman singing this morning.

Prepare for the gov'ment to take the pension funds and what's left social security.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

You think there would be any groceries left at that stage?
How about fuel... think you can just fill er up?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
House hold debt in Australia is roughly $35,000 per person. Woman, man and child.
But because you have 10 times the population it makes it look a whole world worse!

Um are you talking household debt or debt by the country?

IF you're talking debt by the country aren't we now like $300 billion in debt from good ol' kevin rudd?

which divided by 21.5 million people in aussieland is $13953.

But if you're talking home loans, etc... then thats different. People in America have home loans too.

but if you're talking national debt.
$12.7 trillion divided by 360 million US peoples is $35277. (is that right 360 million? (not including illegals of course ;PPP))

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There's only 308 million of us screaming cabbages on this side of the pond.

And our real debt is around 71 trillion. Soon the GDP will not cover the interest of our debt.

Bernake has increased the money supply by almost 3 times in 2 years.

We are so F'd up. Sorry rest of the world. We're probably going to take you down with us.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
1/3 of a Trillion a month eh? Sounds like debt spiral end game to me. Of course who will loan us the money, since China has stepped away from the table? Matter of fact who COULD loan that kind of money even if they wanted to? Default or print at this point, ugly and uglier.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well quite unexpectedly for you yes.... there will be groceries! Just because the banks dry up doesn't mean vegetables won't grow, cows won't hump each other and the foreign oil companies won't ship oil.... unless your so determined to meet your own demise?

perhaps you people are so misled by your willingness to see the end you don't actually stop to see that the world will go round no matter how much money your government does or doesn't have!

[edit on 3/4/10 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Got a quick question for anyone interested and who knows more than I do on finances. What would happen if whoever we owe the debt to decided we had better pay it back in lets say 2 years?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Well we own most of our own debt. Mutual Funds, Pensions etc.

USA is the biggest holder, so you owe up Chuck Norris. Better pay.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Something fishy is gonna happen.

Remember how not long ago, Corporations are now able to run for office.

I wonder if a corporation will come in and take control of the US, by getting rid of all the debt?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Goldman Sacks Much.

They contol the entire world market. They have high frequency trading software that accounts for 33% of the transactions on Wall St. in a given day.

They were invovled in Bailout, Greece, Iceland and are suspected in being the guys who removed 500 billion $ worth of assets in one day that lead to the crash of 08.

They say they are doing "god's work."
And they'll kept all the little companies names' in order to give us the illusion of choice.
Order out of chayos, blah blah (Yawn)

Anybody else so sick of their "vision" of the world they could puke?...
B/c it's so lame. All this energy of humanity going to a few people. It's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Got a quick question for anyone interested and who knows more than I do on finances. What would happen if whoever we owe the debt to decided we had better pay it back in lets say 2 years?

We don't even have to wait two years, we can print it up for them right now. They're not gonna like it though. I can write you a check for a million bucks right now, but since I ain't got it, you're just gonna take it as the insult it is.

Spearhead: Yes there will still be 'stuff'. But here in amerika we're entitled to cheap stuff so we can have our lifestyle. The people of the world owe it to us, and if we don't get it then we're going to throw a fit.

GreenBicMan: The fact that a large portion of the 100 Trillion in future liabilities for SS, MCR, MCD, and now ObamaCare, is owed to the boomers and grandmas and grandpas of this country, doesn't make any of it 'OK'. The way we intend to treat our elderly speaks to the nature of our society. The gov't is already screwing them with COLA games, saying there is no inflation! If that's OK with you then I don't know what to tell ya.

new topics

top topics

join