It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping paramoralism: "It's Not Pedophilia If the Boys Were Post-Pubescent"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's information like this that makes me truly hope they are right, that there is a hell, and that they will burn in it.

Unreal. Just unreal.

peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
You know if any other organization had this record for molesting little boys people would freak, but since it's a religious scenery people aren't as upset.

Far as I'm concerned, pedophilia is pedophilia.

As scum rises to the top, so do pedophiles.

The Satanic people in this world have set it up that way.

That is why the Bible says, the meek shall inherit the earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Religion breeds paedophilia. As long as someone will always 'forgive you your sins', religious people will continue to carry out evil with the knowledge that they wont have to suffer for it.

It's about time religion died. Period.

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels. Anytime an adult is in a "power position" over a child; parent, priest, or boyscout leader, it lends more manipulation and psychological damage to the child, because the person is theoretically supposed to care for them, and this betrayal is very damaging.

Secondly, whether pubescent or not, there is still the age of consent to consider, rendering the offender a criminal.

I have had occasion to speak with a number of pedophiles, and while they generally target males, as these priests have, it isn't necessarily because they prefer males, it is because they find them "more cooperative", and more easily accessible, e.g. have a tendency to not be watched as closely by parents.

Homosexuals and pedophiles are two different things, and how dare the church try to excuse these molestations as consensual sexual acts.

Any professional is bound by ethics NOT to have sexual relationships with their clients/patients. Doctors, lawyers, psychologists, nurses, social workers et al are not permitted to have this type relationship with clients, as it is unprofessional and damaging. It takes advantage of a vulnerable individual as you are in a position of "authority" over them. In fact, they can be sued and lose their licenses for doing so. The Priesthood should be no different.

These attempts at justification and minimization are only making a bad situation worse.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Regardless of whether its pedophilia or child rape, the way the Catholic hierarchy has handled this issue is a disgrace...

And one more reason why religion in general, and Catholicism in particular, should disappear from the page of time (thanks to my Uncle Mahmoud for his permission to use that often ill quoted line of his)

Edit -grammar

[edit on 2/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

In the strictest definition he is correct as paedophilia is the attraction to prepubecsent children. However society has deemed that the age should be raised (rightfully so i think) to 16/18/21 or wherever you are in the world.
In a court you would still be sentenced to at the very least statutory rape and made to sign the sex offenders rgister. Alas religion can get away with so much because we have to respect them apprently.

Still to equate this with homosexuality is just stupid and ignorant, but what do you expect from a religious zealot?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterall

Actually the quote is : "It is not pedophilia because most of the boys were post pubescent".

What about the others that weren't post pubescent?

Therefore, the word pedophilia is the correct word in those cases.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Religion breeds paedophilia. As long as someone will always 'forgive you your sins', religious people will continue to carry out evil with the knowledge that they wont have to suffer for it.

It's about time religion died. Period.

Parallex.

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHRISTIANITY is one of few religions that threat sex as a sin. Therefore, religion does not "breed paedophilia".

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHRISTIANITY is one of few religions that threat sex as a sin. Therefore, religion does not "breed paedophilia".

This comment would have more weight if the catholic church was not currently at the centre of a massive scandal involving paedophiles and if the catholic church did not have a policy involving the cover up of priests who abuse children.

It's a religion and therefore we can say religion of certain types seems to breed paedophilic behavior. Should i bring up the Bible passages that protect such behavior or passages from the Koran about it?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
2 words
Chemical Castration

AMAZING so 12 and 13 year-olds are not in the lines of pedophilia?
WHAT THE FRACK???

Get real, and then to try and blame it on homosexuality!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ugh, this is a fracked up world. I do admit it's nice to see that the light is being shown on the church for what its done, I even heard a rumor that the pope may be asked or just will step down due to his concealment of the findings on the investigation he was heading.

I really hope its true and I really hope this is a step in the direction of getting people to wise up. These "holy" men are an abomination. Its disgusting to think that the people trust in them with faith and council and they take advantage.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I can't believe someone would make that claim with a straight face.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if that guys views are his own or whether he is placed in that position to give the anti-religion crowd someone to point at.

I'm not relgious and I'm not trying to defend his position, I just don't see how someone in such an esteemed position could be so stupid. It has to be contrived.

link   
reply to post by Loki Lyesmyth

Two words...

PHYSICAL castration !!

I have it on good authority that two bricks will do the job quite nicely...

link   
reply to post by Afterall

reply to post by predator0187

prepubescent children could be something like even 14 years old, maybe 15, it depends on the development of the person, so, the guy in the interview is wrong to say that 12 or 13 is not pedophilia!

::.
I really think this whole pedophilia subject will end in some time, the church have the power to do that;

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
well, at least the catholic church is not actively hunting down and killing women like it did in the middle ages/or earlier. i believe, from what i read, that they were responsible for tens of thousands of murders of child-bearing women. and now in this present day, rampant child molestation. what god do they represent, and why are they NOT considered a cult.
vatican city needs to be shut down, the vast amount of wealth held there taken away, and used as a fund for the poor. these people in the vatican need to be picked up, arrested, and tried for crimes against humanity.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

you forgot that they killed scientists too that discovered things that were explained by the word GOD by the CHURCH, so, its not just that ...

church killed so many people that really, I feel sorry for people that support them, they are totality blind;

I didnt see any apologies by the church until today by the tyranny that they did during all those years;

but they still cover the pedophiles asses

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Star and Flag for putting this out,people need to know the real truth of how these sick ba----ds think.

I don't think they are blameing Gays directly but are blaming the boys for being Gay so the priests are not pedies just Gay priests or maybe the boys molested the priest because they are gay.HOW SICK IS THIS?????

Between Catholics and Muslims and the Christian wakjobs wanting to kill cops how do you belivers stick with it??If this is the way your GODS test you(and I'm sure a lot of you belive its some sort of test)when are you rewarded or should I say ,when does GOD stop your religious figures from rapeing and killing you??????????????????

SORRY if I have offended anyone but this just cuts me to the core,the excuses humans come up with to cover there inhuman acts is beyond belief.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And on the sixth day.. He molesteth more boyseth. On the seventh day, he rest. (only to begin his rigorous routine all over again the next week.)

Of course he won't get any punishment.

You guys forgot his other crime; fraud.

If any of the parents were true parents, that man would have been castrated and hung already.

If I ever have a kid on accident (I don't want to) and some priest got his religious little hands in some mischievous places... I would crucify him in front of his little religious friends - and I don't even like kids, it would just be an opportunity to rid the world of a priest/pope/monk/car salesmen, whatever they call them. They are all the same.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

If you are willing to do some research you will find our school system has a much worse record on child abuse. The school system is run by liberals as is the media and they will and have done everything in their power to cover it up.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Liberalism does the same thing. Planned parenthood has been caught more times than I can count defending 30 year old men sleeping with 14 year old girls. I mean as long as they get their money for that abortion.
I guess it's about time liberalism died too. I mean if one liberal condones statutory rape they all do and if one priest is a molester they all are right?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is what Whoopie Goldberg would say. "It's not rape-rape".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join