It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 million Americans question or find fault with the official 9/11 story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Source

Quote from source:
The failure to rebuild the World Trade Center site in Manhattan has received endless attention. But public anger about this failed reconstruction should not been seen so negatively. After all, mental reconstruction has also still not been successful and is surely more needed, with too many Americans still accepting the official government story about 9/11. This, despite a huge amount of compelling evidence that elements of the US government played some role, despite a very large, active 9/11 truth movement, and despite an impressive number of highly credible people demanding a new investigation as documented at patriotsquestion911.com.

In the recent Angus Reid Public Opinion survey of a representative national sample of American adults, 62 per cent of respondents disagree with the view that the "Sept. 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan." Far more Republicans disagree at 80 percent, compared to 66 percent of Independents and 55 percent of Democrats.

Consistent with this is that two-thirds of Americans (67 percent) agree with the government commission that investigated the events of Sept. 11, 2001, which concluded that an attack was carried out by 19 hijackers who were members of the al-Qaeda terrorist organization, led by Osama bin Laden. Though 12 per cent of respondents reject the commission's findings, one-in-five Americans (21 percent) are undecided. In particular, 35 percent of Independents and 34 percent of Democrats do not accept the official version, compared to just 20 percent of Republicans.

These figures translate to about 100 million Americans that question or find fault with the official 9/11 story, far from a trivial number and far too many to dismiss as conspiracy nuts and part of the lunatic fringe. This is the important message that merits public appreciation.

100 million hey? appears that america is waking up, which is a good thing.

It doesn't even matter if it was an inside job, the fact is that we where lied to about 9/11 and it changed the world and started 2 wars. If information was fixed or false then it should come out and the people should know the truth.

To me that is what the 'truth movement' means. Nothing about an inside job, not to say it wasn't, but just for the government to release the information that they knew beforehand or tried to cover up.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just a quick comment. According to last census we are at a little over 300 million population wise. This would mean that the 2/3rds that believe in the OS are the kid population as well. This seems very strange to me.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by ventian]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

" It doesn't even matter if it was an inside job, the fact is that we where lied to about 9/11 and it changed the world and started 2 wars. If information was fixed or false then it should come out and the people should know the truth. "

That is the Whole Point . It is not so much a matter of who did it , but the Goverments Offical Explaination of it that has so many Americans upset . It is not very Believeable when compared to the Facts .

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Many people question or find fault with the official 9/11 story, but this does not mean they completely disregard it. I personally feel 9/11 was committed by Al Qaida and the World trade center fell down as a result of being hit by planes.

This does not mean I bought the government's complete story. I question whether Iraq, North Korea, Cuba, or any other countries that were part of the "Axix of Evil" had anything to do with 9/11. I also question whether our "allies" Saudi Arabia and Pakistan had nothing to do with 9/11. I question Bush's assertion that street drugs fund terrorism. I also question why the government has never taken the stance that gas guzzling cars fund terrorism.

I also think there might be some room for doubt as to what the CIA did know or should have known prior to 9/11. I think it is reasonable to suggest that they were not completely taken by surprise. It is reasonable to believe that people may have known something was up, and those that failed to act or do anything downplayed the warning signs because they wanted to protect their careers.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I know it's the point I just thought I would specify that so people do not come into the thread and call me a crazy person.
Not that I really care what weirdos think.

Pred...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

See I do not even buy that part of the story. I think it had nothing to do with Bin Laden. I wish it did because that would excuse maybe one of the wars going on, but I do not think he had anything to do with it, personally anyways.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Methodology: Online interviews with 1,007 American adults, conducted on Mar. 9 and Mar. 10, 2010. Margin of error is 3.1 per cent.

Out of 1,007 people initially surveyed they turn it into 1/3 of their vote counting for 100 million people. I love it.

Edit...

And here is a link to the actual poll itself and that stat...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is my problem. if you look at the undeniable facts, not the conspiracy theory crap, but the fact. From the first cells in America, to the WTC bombing, to the unraveling of the The Bojinka plot, to the apprehension of Ramzi Yousef. These attacks should not have happened, trying to argue that is futile.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
funny thing is I was watching the 1/4 of the population is retarded 9/11 episode of southpark.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Article is a sham...

From the article:

62 per cent of respondents disagree with the view that the “Sept. 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan.”

He says 62% DISAGREE with 9/11 being a fabrication, then counts those people as the opposite!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Just a quick comment. According to last census we are at a little over 300 million population wise. This would mean that the 2/3rds that believe in the OS are the kid population as well. This seems very strange to me.

According to a 2006 MSNBC poll, it's just the opposite:

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 96444 responses

Yes: 67%

No: 27%

I'm not sure: 5.4%

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Don't worry , your Safe . I don't think your crazy ...........

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Aberaham Polling Company (APC)

Did 911 suck, and is the government all messed up 'n stuff?

Yes: 83%
What all the rest said: What ever 82 - 100 is %.

Aberaham Polling Company is now selling stock at a valued (by the Aberaham valuing company) at $50 a share.

u2u me now to learn how to invest in APC before AVC raises the cost of stock.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Aberaham Blitzur]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Article is a sham...

From the article:

62 per cent of respondents disagree with the view that the “Sept. 11 incident was a big fabrication as a pretext for the campaign against terrorism and a prelude for staging an invasion against Afghanistan.”

He says 62% DISAGREE with 9/11 being a fabrication, then counts those people as the opposite!

It seems that maybe you did not fully understand the question, which seems off having posted it again and all. Maybe a more careful read would clear things up. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
personally believe 9-11 was so sloppy it was meant to wake up some Americans.

If you go thru the usual suspects. zionists ring a bell. if you go beyond that, the greys/reptiles make sense to me. They want us in perpetual war..

Although if they truly masterminded it without good ET influence, it would have been done much more smoothly.

I have my money on part of the deal with the source powers involved(ETs as usual), being do it sloppy so a bunch of people wake up to corruption. I know george bush getting elected played a major role in me disovering how corrupted the pinnacle US powers are...

Although I could be over-analysing. I still have my money on zionists, and the greys/reptiles.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's good that more of the general public are beginning to take a closer look at what happened that day and that's for better.I think what happened was that the oligarchs attacked us AL-Queda and OBL were simply old CIA assets from the Cold War.

top topics

join