It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3rd of World Cant Access BBC but ATS allowed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yiersan

Greetings.

Its not sofware as such, lets just say those web pages are attempted to be accessed within China from a normal PC, and whilst this happens very simple "Add on" to a browser records the info as shown, very similair to a modern "ping" test, but the entire domain data is downloaed if able/allowed.

I then due to being able to recieve that information which is sent to me to see what the results are as displayed on the screen of the pc. I am not hacking, or using sofware. Its very simple just like me putting in the address to my browser, recording it, and then passing you that information (obviously very carefully
) to someone.

You will have to give me some time to see if I can arrange that in all those locations.

By tommorrow I will let you know where I can get the results from, and will test BBC Infowars ATS RENSE Twitter Youtube ConspiracyArchive & Central Redicecreations AmnestyInternational Greenpeace Twitter and maybe a couple of more. However after doing a batch test hopefully from the places you request on the 4/04/10 I am not going to do this again for many reasons.

The Paid Blogger proof, well its not my fault the Shield stops you seeing the information, what can I do? If I cut and paste it here it will be filtered anyhow. Any Paid Bloggers on ATS are from the past of no relevance and on a totally differant topic. I wanted this Thread to predominately open up discussion in the west on what we ultimately face very soon in Australia and Europe ourselves... however it seems to be just attracting those from within China (nationality unimportant) who live under that situation anyway.

I will link some below hopefully you can read them. I have posted the proof the fact you cant access it, does not leave the burden of proof on me, but the burden of counter evidence on you guys infact!

journalist, Rebecca MacKinnon asserts that the Chinese government employs at least 280,000 to improve its online image.
CNN

Internet Censorship in China And Blogging
Here

You might very much like to combine the words free (and) gate into one word and put www. and.com after it in your browser
Hope it works, pass the information.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

America is so bad, I guess alot of us are to young to remeber the world was like with Britian and France running the show... But he I am learning to speak chinese so when the new masters get here, I can speak with them.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
hey elf

thanks for your reply. Ok, i accept that different areas of china might be different. although i would never have thought beijing and shanghai would have different policies as they re both very westernised and have many many expats living in these citeis. (official number for shanghai around 150,000), although it seems like more, and probably is.

again, i will just say, infowars and bbc have not been blocked ever as far as i remember. (maybe BBc has not been available on the odd day in shanghai but i have visited it everyday for last few months. And i have visited it a few times a week for last 4 years certainly. The Same goes for infowars for last 3 years. That is not to say that they will stay available.

Things can and do change here without warning. As i said, it is annoying.

With that in mind i would agree with you absolutely about the current legislation that is being touted in the west, particularly in Australia and the digital economy bill in UK.
It looks like most people are sleep walking into it despite the fact that i have read lots of articles and editorials on the bill in the UK press, it seems to me that the issue of the digital economy and file sharing is a massive smokescreen.

With an election coming up it would be nice to think that peoples votes would count towards stopping it, but of course it is being rushed through before the election - and the left/right paradigm means nobody has a vote that counts towards change, only to maintaining the status quo.

cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Yeah I'm aware.

Suffice it to say this is how it is now.

SAD.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
You will have to give me some time to see if I can arrange that in all those locations.

By tommorrow I will let you know where I can get the results from, and will test BBC Infowars ATS RENSE Twitter Youtube ConspiracyArchive & Central Redicecreations AmnestyInternational Greenpeace Twitter and maybe a couple of more. However after doing a batch test hopefully from the places you request on the 4/04/10 I am not going to do this again for many reasons.

It would be interesting what the results will turn out to be, and very much appreciated.

The Paid Blogger proof, well its not my fault the Shield stops you seeing the information, what can I do? If I cut and paste it here it will be filtered anyhow.

Except for the embedded Youtube & Google Video, there is nothing not accessible in ATS to my experience. Not even when Slayer makes another "China bashing", or "China is evil crusade" thread ;-)

Any Paid Bloggers on ATS are from the past of no relevance and on a totally differant topic. I wanted this Thread to predominately open up discussion in the west on what we ultimately face very soon in Australia and Europe ourselves... however it seems to be just attracting those from within China (nationality unimportant) who live under that situation anyway.

It is maybe because you did not emphasize on your OP's goal clearly, and because your "proof" is contradicting with at least 2 ATS (China-living) members' daily experiencing, which we merely wanted to let you know that your test results were wrong. The title of the thread certainly did not help.

Ps. My ATS alias before was IchiNiSan, changed it after watching Nanjing Nanjing.

I will link some below hopefully you can read them. I have posted the proof the fact you cant access it, does not leave the burden of proof on me, but the burden of counter evidence on you guys infact!

Again, certain information is merely a matter on the trust level you place on a fellow Global netizen, simply because certain "counter-proof" is non-existing besides anecdotes and describing the on the field experiences in words. For the same money, one can only wonder if the "text" copied by you about the DNS results are made up or not. Heck, I can also just show you a screenshot of certain websites, the issue is if you would trust that I am a without special privilege, non-paid, volunteering to be loving this autocratic country netizen visitting a site full of paranoid members who even believe that the CIA is monitoring this site 24/7

journalist, Rebecca MacKinnon asserts that the Chinese government employs at least 280,000 to improve its online image.
CNN

Internet Censorship in China And Blogging
Here

It just amuses me that the same people always distrust the MSM's news about certain topics, but would trust it and use it for the "absolute evidence" without due diligence to backup a certain pre-conceived opinion about a topic. Just beware of what you read, though there might be a some truth in it, but to pull it out as absolute evidence? Nah.

And btw, even if those 280,000 peeps do go around the Net promoting China, I bet that China does not need to pay them, simply because I do believe that most of the Chinese netizens are patriots. And if some of them actually paid? so be it.

One more thing, you will be surprised how active the Chinese forums and blogs inside China are, though most of them like in the West never care about politics, you do have a huge number of them discussing the Chinese social issues, political matters and many of them simple complaints. I will advise anyone to learn Chinese who are really interested in the Chinese society. And it is said that the Chinese government does tend to screen out the constructive criticism to improve and form new policies, it also helps a lot for the Central government to monitor the misdeeds and corrupted behavior of many of the regional governments, which without these Chinese forums & blogs Beijing might never had found out about. But don't try to cry out loud brainlessly on these forums that you hate the government for the sake of hating and/or mention certain sensitive issues like Tiananmen and Lahsa riot.

You might very much like to combine the words free (and) gate into one word and put www. and.com after it in your browser
Hope it works, pass the information.

As I am now in HK because of Tomb-sweeping holidays, will do that on Tuesday. At least in HK it shows up nothing special to me. s968.photobucket.com...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by yiersan]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It is simple, sites like ATS can be used to push Chinese agendas and propaganda. Make no mistake, they will use and exploit ATS when and if they want to, they'd be fools to block this site!

Of course they would not block ATS and other similar sites, after all if you take a look at what many posters say, and claim, much of ATS is "anti-western" anti-imperialism" etc, all of which are in par to what the CCP claims of the western world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join