It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hmm, Interesting, I am in Dundee (approx 60 miles North as the crow flies for those not Scotland based). I have not heard anything about this, I have even checked the Local and National news sources... My gut reaction says HOAX, but Ill not discount it just yet. If it was just one witness I'd be much more sceptical but apparently there are two... So I'll mark it under UNKNOWN for now...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I live near to where the OP was talking about, I'm a pretty light sleeper and didn't hear anything it would have almost gone over my head if it was heading in the direction reported...

I will raise an eyebrow for now and watch with interest..

I myself saw a large orange ball in the sky in early feb (not the sun!) but it was completely silent and several times larger than jet lights and chinese lanterns (that I've seen) - not the size of 2 buses but still big enough to give me the willies..

Checking out the tinternet after my event turned up a number of similarly reported sightings so I will check the same for this event and report back if anything turns up..

cheers

b

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

Maybe some more space debris? Meteor? Small plane? Did you make a wish on it?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny

Can hear banging coming from the Sky now.
No idea what it is.
Sounds like a construction site that is round the cornor, its 2:30+am here.

Anyone near me that can hear this ?

Deffo a boombing noise when it came in, and Im still hearing what sounds like a sledgehammer hammering metal in the sky.

S

Hi Shauny

I'm envious of your sighting! I also look up a lot and have seen a number of bolides over the years. Just lucky, I guess...

The sounds you heard in the sky reminded me of what was termed a "Cosmic Event" which occurred in Hungary in early February. It was discussed here on ATS.

I find the sound aspect accompanying these events very, very interesting.

Regards

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Very interesting post. I would have liked to see some pictures but I am not discounting the authenticity of this thread. I would suggest asking your neighbors since they may have photo/videographic evidence of the event. Get out there Mulder and find the truth.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Dear

How about getting in touch with the local media.

They have the ability to investigate and even if they don’t it will add to the thread.

After all in the UK if the choppers are up it is a big deal.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
www.youtube.com...

Would'nt be nice to wake up to this in the morning lol

[edit on 1-4-2010 by alchemist2012]

If that happened to me I wouldn't run and scream...i would break into song..
"The summer sun is fading as the year grows old,
and darker days are drawing near"

s&f for the OP...very interesting hope we get some more news soon.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. I just thought I'd share an experience I had.

My previous residence was in Central Oregon and the desert and high elevations made near perfect conditions to see shooting stars on a regular basis. However, one afternoon last june (before the sun set) I saw a huge 'shooting star", or something, similar to what you described in the OP. The strange thing was, it was still very light out and this object was still large enough and bright enough to see. It started about 45 degrees in the sky East of bend and was visible all the way to the Eastern horizon. There was no noise incorporated with this event.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
OMG another shooting star.. have I never heard of such a thing

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Could be a casualty of the on going Space War!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Interesting! I live in Dunfermline.I remember a few years back i witnessed something similiar on the way to work heading over forth road bridge!

When i heard the roar in the sky i almost had to stop at the service station for loo roll

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I am an ex-pat in Abu Dhabi. it is 1300H here (+4GMT).
"AM Coast to Coast" is starting their second hour on 1330AM, KNSS, Wichita,KS,USA. Try this link (it's a free stream).

www.knssradio.com...

Also try this for other free radio stations:

radiotime.com...

I have seen nothing here on the meteor(ite).
I will continue to read the thread further, just thought I would give you the links.
Good luck, Tom

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Going by the posted map it should have landed on my house.

I didn't hear anything though. I was still up at 2am but would have conked out right after that so seems that I missed it.

I will be out and about today so will keep an eye out for any activity.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

No, no you don't understand, it's an invasion of giant man-eating guinea-pigs! The OP is probably already eaten and soon the US army wil quarantine GB!!

Interesting topic though, didn't read about it on the news here...

[edit] it was still early for me

[edit on 2-4-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Oh common if this was a real meteor it would have huge importance, it would be all over the news and there would be the mother of all craters.

It could be a ufo and being coverd up?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE

No, no you don't understand, it's an invasion of giant man-eating guinea-pigs! The OP is probably already eaten and soon the US army wil quarantine England!!

Interesting topic though, didn't read about it on the news here...

Anything that quarantines England is good...this is supposed to have happened in a place called Scotland...

There's nothing on the news. My brother lives under the "flight path" by the Forth Bridges and he managed to miss it completely. No guinea pigs of any stature have been reported either

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This is to the those in this thread who are saying stupid things like "hoax" and "april fools".

You have to understand that meteors fall to earth ALL the time, and occasionally people witness them.

WHy would we say we had seen meteors if we hadn`t?

SUrely there are more worthwhile ways to provoke a reaction on a forum than saying we witnessed an everyday natural occurence.

Get a grip.

There`s nothing overly incredible about the meteor(s) that Shauny and I witnessed, it/they were very impressive, but nothing to get wound up about.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I come to this site quite often to read the top posts and to see what's going on.After this post i decided to register and have a say on what happened to us

We heard a huge thundering sound here in Cheshire UK. Me,my brother and several other people have been talking about it at the local shop(needed bacon and eggs)

It was loud,very loud. I always look up, but didn't see anything.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Oh common if this was a real meteor it would have huge importance, it would be all over the news and there would be the mother of all craters.

It could be a ufo and being coverd up?

Agreed! I have been listening to BBC, Scotland and checked many of the local news agencies, nothing.
Although this thread was shipped over here: Just a repeat, still no real proof.

poleshift.ning.com...:BlogPost:43125&commentId=3863141:Comment:43132&xg_source=activity

Anyway, just thought I would mention it.
Thanks for listening, Tom

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
[color=limegreen]Hopefully it was a plane crash sounds like it from what you are describing//i mean if it was something out of the ordinary would they tell us anyway????
I found that ghoulish and disturbing, I suspect you're one of my neighbors now

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join