It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Boniouk06

What about it being a larger object upon entry...getting whittled away as it hurtles in, but doesn't airburst, then hits the ground as a much smaller bit of whatever it was?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I've seen something like that doing astronomy with a group just outside Tucson. We were at an elevation above Tucson, so we could see Tucson clearly.

There were a TON of flashes that night. I saw just what you saw, a HUGE shooting star/meteor. I could hear it burning up, and it lit everything up so much that my grandma could have had enough light to read a book.

Other flashes throughout the night were very interesting in weird. I would see just quick bursts or flashes of light in the sky, which looked somewhat like a spaceship going into like "hyperspeed" or going through a stargate.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
I don't know if anyone else has posted this but the whole situation can be summarized as:

One falling meteorite broke at roughly 10000 feet that formed two bolides that almost reached ground level and the loud sounds were debris from the same meteorite that were breaking the sound barrier and were heard above the main area where the bolides made a landfall. My estimations are the meteorite had an unusual shape so all parts broke off and traveled at a slightly different angles. Somehow the two parts that formed the two visible bolides had slower speed than the team of debris overhead that seemed that they were breaking the sound barrier.

Is this normal? Especially for latitudes at UK?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by spacebot]

Thats, what i have said a couple times in this thread.
See, the event I witnessed, and the event Shauny witnessed, happened at roughly the same time, they were both heading in EXCACTLY the same direction (check the maps farther back in the thread). The only difference in accounts is that Shauny`s one did not burnt out and made a noise, whilst my one definitely did burn out and made no noise.

My conclusion is that Shauny the entry of the largest of the two bollides, and I witnessed the second, higher and smaller one.

Its really simple all you people with negative attituides...

I dont, and I`m sure SHauny doesn`t take a camera or camera phone out for a cigarette. Even if either of us had, by the time you get the device ready to shoot, the metor wouldv`e been gone, these things don`t hang about in the sky saying cheese.

Im disgusted with some of the replies in here. You know who you are.

Shauny, keep looking up my man, I know I`ll be out for a smoke tonight WITH my phone on video mode at the ready, and I have a feeling you`ll be doing the same, lets hope we can put these troll`s gas at a peep eh!

WIth that, I`m leaving this thread. It gets too sweaty in here sometimes.

Love you all, even the opinionated little children who will learn one day.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
America has woken up. Or have they?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by Boniouk06

What about it being a larger object upon entry...getting whittled away as it hurtles in, but doesn't airburst, then hits the ground as a much smaller bit of whatever it was?

EDIT

Made a big error there. I thot you were the other guy with a blue avatar, I clicked the wrong QUOTE button. sorry man

[edit on 2-4-2010 by psilo simon]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

It is unreasonable to have a pop at him for not having snaps and video.

But, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have been picked up by the national media.
That area of Scotland is very densely populated. Thursday night is a popular clubbing night with a lot of people being on the streets at 2am.

I'm wondering why there is no news about this, the media would be all over this like a rash.

To the OP, if you did see this, it must have been a sight.
If you didn't...well done...10 pages and counting.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

You talking to me?

If you are mate, you've got your wires well and truly crossed.

I'm backing shauny up all the way.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

I agree Knobby.

I find it strange that there are no official reports too.

Not that i feel that has any bearing on the validity of shauny's report, but more of an indictment of officialdom.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

You talking to me?

If you are mate, you've got your wires well and truly crossed.

I'm backing shauny up all the way.

I am soooooo f@*king sorry dude, that was meant for another person in this thread. Your avatars are the same colour and instead of clicking his "quote" button, I clicked yours. I truly am sorry mate, very very sorry.

I`ll find him though...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

See you... you just wade into thread calling hoax and april fool like a right wee t*t
In time you will learn to keep your mouth closed and your ears open until you actually KNOW what is going on. People will listen to what you have to say with a great deal more respect for you if you adopt this approach to debating and discussion.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

No worries mate.

None at all, i know how passion can do it to ya!

I've done it myself a few times too.

Hehhe..i was sitting here going "What did i say?!!!"

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Actually Spikey, I`m wrong, thats not what I done, I just realised, I confused your post with Uclalien`s because I only saw the similar coloured avatars and blindly assumed that it was him.

I was wrong, it was you. Please accept my apologies.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ahh forget it simon, no harm done, you're all right man.

I was just telling the missus, gave her a laugh anyway!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow great post. And even with out any photo or video i can trust in what you are saying. You know? i was thinking that there are some related events like this. I dont know what is going on.

At the start of the Year a Meteor crashed between Hidalgo and Puebla, it fell in a mountain area. (www.eluniversal.com.mx...) The witness said that it was a red ball of fire that actually create a big sound when falling until it crashed. Later they said it was a rusian satellite. Nothing was found because of the hard access to the place. This was covered by a lot of mass media.

Then again in Mexico but in the Yucatan peninsula (Nearby Cancun) many people reported a huge sonic wave and some flashes in the sky but there few witnesses. This happend around 1 or 2 weeks after the "satelite".

Then i regulary check the space weather page is cool. An they reported that a very close meteor was captured on March 19 in the NASA cameras (www.spaceweather.com...)

Earlier 2 comets where swallowed by the sun, around 1 month ago. Check this out (www.spaceweather.com...).

And well another unidentified object flying in space captured by NASA (www.eluniversal.com.mx...)

I have never seen so many, astral events in just the first quarter of the year, im wondering is something is happening.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Ahh come on man, he may not be that sharp with geography, but i don't think that's a reason to take the piss.

Go easy eh?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HalfAWorldAway

All these unexplained fireballs around the world in the last few years or so, are pretty weird.

I know we have regular meteor / meteorite showers like leonids, Virginids and all the other regulars, but it seems to me, a lot of these reports are different.

The showers i've watched before and very high altitude and a very short lived, needle like streaks, nothing like what shauny and others have been reporting.

Possible explanations as i see it;

Normal showers, but freakishly heavy duty.

Different meteor's coming in, due to our galactic alignment. We are nearing the end of our galactic orbit, and are in a region of space the Earth hasn't been in for...about 63 - 70 million years (Dinosaurs wiped out 60 -70 million years ago)

Space debris, from satellite malfunctions and rocketry junk re-entering.

Space debris, from...other sources..

I can't see there are too many other probably causes, and i'm loath to mention planet X.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

TextScotland is in the U.K.
i.e.The United Kingdom-Scotland,England,Wales and Northern Ireland
Why do Americans think that the U.K. consists of England only?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe this is related:

She stopped what she was doing to take a closer look, she said it was very big and intensely bright, it started moving across the sky, very slowly, in a perfect straight line. She opened the back door and stood looking up at it, it started moving downwards towards the yard, until it actually came directly over head. She said it was pulsing and it had what she described as a "stomach shape thing" attached to it (the actual organ shape of the stomach) at this point.

Large Orange UFO Over Barnstaple North Devon England UK

Link

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't want to sound lame but Edinburgh is a big City so how come nobody else ether seen or recorded this!?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by bladebosq

TextScotland is in the U.K.
i.e.The United Kingdom-Scotland,England,Wales and Northern Ireland
Why do Americans think that the U.K. consists of England only?

Over here we call it the Home Countries, much warmer vibe!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join