It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

****HUGE**** Shooting star - Just seen in Edinburgh!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by shauny

The size of two busses you say, if that was the case there would be no UK today. My guess is that you saw a fireball, I saw one about 15 years ago and it shot down maybe 50 meters from where I was standing. It lit up the sky like it was daytime, it was an awesome sight.

Something the size of 2 small busses wouldn't wipe out the UK. It would either leave an impressive crater, or make and equally impressive splash, depending on where it landed.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK

Originally posted by bladebosq
ok i'm a little confused right now...

did this happen in the Scotland or the UK?

OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

Idiot.....
I know that texas is an american state
Why do you not know that scotland is in the uk?

Well according to you i'm an idiot, so there's your answer...

sheesh...some people...

so i guess you know every state in every country of the world?

because you know texas is an american state i must know scotland is in the UK?! great logic there buddy.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has posted this but the whole situation can be summarized as:

One falling meteorite broke at roughly 10000 feet that formed two bolides that almost reached ground level and the loud sounds were debris from the same meteorite that were breaking the sound barrier and were heard above the main area where the bolides made a landfall. My estimations are the meteorite had an unusual shape so all parts broke off and traveled at a slightly different angles. Somehow the two parts that formed the two visible bolides had slower speed than the team of debris overhead that seemed that they were breaking the sound barrier.

Is this normal? Especially for latitudes at UK?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK

ok i'm a little confused right now...

did this happen in the Scotland or the UK?

OP says he's from Scotland but a lot of people here are saying UK... so whats up with that?

Idiot.....
I know that texas is an american state
Why do you not know that scotland is in the uk?

Well according to you i'm an idiot, so there's your answer...

sheesh...some people...

so i guess you know every state in every country of the world?

because you know texas is an american state i must know scotland is in the UK?! great logic there buddy.

Are you an american?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

Or ill put it like this...
"ok i'm a little confused right now...

did this happen in the texas or America?

OP says he's from texas but a lot of people here are saying America... so whats up with that?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Confirmation from an astronomy site of a fireball last night. I can‘y not confirm the Same one but it sounds similar.

Yep I'll second that. I saw a fireball last night may have been the same one it was about 9.45 last night it was heading west to east very bright but it burnt up and now way did it hit land.

If that’s what you saw then you are very privileged to see such a thing - I would love to. Its nigh on impossible to film something like this unless you have SOHO!

:0)

Thanks for the thread.

[edit on 2/4/10 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bloody duplicate threads

[edit on 2-4-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bloody duplicate threads

[edit on 2-4-2010 by GW8UK]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Asteroids with diameters of 5 to 10 m (16 to 33 ft) enter the Earth's atmosphere approximately once per year, with as much energy as Little Boy, the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, approximately 15 kilotonnes of TNT.

Ok I was wrong but still.

Source

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I remember me an home made movie about 8 years ago of an man walking towards an moutain in US ore canada...

you saw above the mountains an meteor entering the atmosfeer and kicked back in space with an curve...

it was brought as the luckest man on earth.....

could this be an simulair ocassion?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Now this thread is a prime example of why nothing of importance will ever be posted to ATS. People will be too afraid to post anything for fear of being ridiculed. I certainly will think twice if I ever witness anything.

Bravo however to the people that are debating this in a reasonable and adult manner.

Good post OP and very interesting. I envy you having seen it! Please keep us posted in the coming days if you hear any update news about it!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by SadisticRabbit]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I saw something very similar last night in Southeastern Massachusetts. (April 1, 2010). It was about 8:00 pm, I happened to be looking up in the sky and saw a streak of white light about 3" long. Very bright.

I have been googling for news on this and found this website, which I just joined to be a part of this discussion. I haven't seen any news on it yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nice one Shauney..

Im in livingston and the night before at 1am i heard one almighty rumble as i was nodding off to sleep. It went on for a good few minutes and was not the usual rumble i hear from jumbo jets preparing to land at edinburgh airport as im in the flightpath.. So much so i asked the guys in the office next day if they heard it. Had a eerie earthquake type rumble off it.

Now the meteor, funnily a good few years back i had the same experience. I was walking from a friends house in the early hours back to mines when i hear a roar like a fighter jet flying through my ears.. I looked up and saw one heck of a fireball which flew right over my head at a few hundred feet and disapeared over a towerblock heading toward mid calder.

Now i was pretty sure this thing would impact as it was so low down, huge, blazing fire and making one heck of a noise. It did not impact and must have burned out pretty quick.

Next day, Radio Forth News confirmed a meteor was tracked over falkirk heading towards livingston. This was the baby i seen. It was one heck of an awesome site.

Now for all the flamers posting negative comments here and believe im making this one up, check my ID and look for my previous posts. I posted this story on ATS quite a few years back when it happened.

Well done on getting to experience such an event, not many of us do.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SadisticRabbit

This is a public debate forum, skepticism and redicule comes with the territory I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

This is a public debate forum, skepticism and redicule comes with the territory I'm afraid.

For Childish people my friend.

If i see a thread I dont like, I dont read/reply etc.

Move along, nothing to see here.

That !!! is what the territory is all about.
People wanna shout and moan and be idiots, there are other lesser sites they can go on.

ATS expects and deserves better.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Indeed

Skepticism I can handle and think is essential... but redicule... well, that's just immature.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman

Im in livingston and the night before at 1am i heard one almighty rumble as i was nodding off to sleep. It went on for a good few minutes and was not the usual rumble i hear from jumbo jets preparing to land at edinburgh airport as im in the flightpath.. So much so i asked the guys in the office next day if they heard it. Had a eerie earthquake type rumble off it.

That would be about 8 pm U.S. time? Livingston is in Scotland, I presume? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Andrea

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiddler718
quote]

That would be about 8 pm U.S. time? Livingston is in Scotland, I presume? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Andrea

yep, the east coast of america is 5hrs behind.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Has anyone got a solid answer to this.lots of people all over thwe world have experienced this in one way or another.I myself have and so did many people here where I live.

Does anyone have any idea as to what it was??? the original starter of the thread,why don't you get in your car now and go for a drive to where it approximately crash landed, don't forget your camera.Also try go down the trail where it was passing by to see if anything fell off it,like debris or alien slime.I live in Cheshire UK and I heard it.Just wondering what it is.Scratch the alien slime!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
I'm still can't believing.... This thread already has 8 pages with people discussing about a ****HUGE**** roaming shooting star that was seen and reported only by ONE person, that took NO pictures, that recorded NO videos and NO media has covered so far... Just regarding the thread was posted in the April's fool day...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

Imagine you can't sleep. You go out into your garden for a smoke (or whatever) and a hot drink at 02:30 ish. You witness the thing shooting overhead and hear the thumping sound, followed by helicopter rotors.

This all happened in a very short space of time. You may have had time to put down your hot drink, throw your ciggy butt, and reach for the handle to your back door, by the time your mind was back in the here and now.

And you think it's reasonable to have a pop at him for not having snaps and video?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join