It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion banned from ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Because it takes attention away from the real stuff !
Members feel often obligated to defend their own opinions on it.

Unfortunately this is a lost cause.

I love to discus it, but it is making ATS corrupt.

What do you think ?

Edit.
I think religion is important and with banned I mean ATS only. Everywhere else yes.
[edit on 1-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, i vote yes. There is indeed, too much debates about this topic. Any system of spiritual beliefs should be kept out of ATS...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am down with that.

Or, if anything, make a special area for it. I say that as some ATS member may need help of sometype in the future and maybe they would want to seek some type of advice/guidance etc.

Interesting subject matter but-not here. JMO

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Or, if anything, make a special area for it.

Yeah, we could call it conspiracies in religion.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You guys ever heard about "FREE SPEECH"?

My guess is NO

en.wikipedia.org...

Ko3

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I vote NO because these are having been the matters at the heart of all Conspiracies,
deal with it to the exposing of every propagated erroneous supposition I say, "The Truth shall set you Free"!

[edit on 2010/4/1 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Don't worry, soon the governments of the earth will ban all religion.

It's already in the works.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I vote 'no' as well.

This is a one liner but you asked a
one liner question.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Perhaps a reminder regarding the purpose of the conspiracy in religion forum is to discuss conspiracies... a re-focus to the intent of the forum may be helpful to all.

link   
Yes a special area would be nice.
I would be the first member !

A secular ATS because any "fact" based on religion or religious scriptures only, is not a fact at all.

link   
Yeah I also vote to move UFO topics out of ATS and seriously BAN any 9/11 and alien talk forever!

And it's about time that we should only talk about topics that I want, and what I think is important.
I REALLY cannot simply ignore topics I'm not interested in, rather I would more likely complain about them, instead of making life easier for myself and letting people discuss the topics they desire and avoid what I don't desire.

So ban everything I say ok?

Wait, what am I saying? oh yeah I'm just being unfair and selfish.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just suggest to everyone.....don't read topics that don't interest you.

The topic is not against T&C, it holds conspiracies and many members like to discuss it.

[edit on April 1st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

The topic is not against T&C, it holds conspiracies and many members like to discuss it.

Ok, that's the best advice I've heard on the matter.

I vote what she said.

greeneyedleo for president !

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Spoken like a true adult.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There is already a forum for it. Here s a novel idea how about people just take responsibility for what they choose to read and quit trying to ban anything they don't like! If you don't like it don;t read or participate in the threads!

link   
If you ban religious discussion then you will have to ban all discussion here.

We cannot pick and choose the topics that are allowed, although some subjects are taboo here now.

People want to talk about everything. Some want to push their agenda, some come to learn, some to share, and some to read.. or like me, come to read the news of the world and share from my experiences.

One good thing about religios discussion is it may lead people to ask themselves WHY they Believe what they Believe.

And this is the single most important question of our time.

link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yeah I also vote to move UFO topics out of ATS and seriously BAN any 9/11 and alien talk forever!

We should only talk about what I want, and what I think is important.

Wait, what am I saying? oh yeah I'm just being unfair and selfish.

Agreed - "religion" is a hot topic these days - and will continue to be I would imagine. That is why it needs to be discussed - I'm sure there are millions of people out there that are looking for direction - and would like a place to come to discuss, ask questions or leave comments.

Phoenix for Vice President !

link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Why 9-11 ? And why UFO ?

These two topics are of course opinions most of the time but these opinions get discussed influenced and change after new data.

faith is what it is, faith. It can't be denied. It can't be proven and is almost always non negotiable

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I feel the same way about politics.. unfortunately there are legitimate conspiracies in both topics, imo, which deserve to be heard, where appropriate...

Unfortunately, you can't leave open the door for the real conspiracies without also letting in the rabble rousers.

I think the logical thing to do would be filter out the fluff, and every other forum I've ever been to does that with a small crew of moderators who try their best to keep intentionally inflamatory statements down to a minimum.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think topics that are promoting religion should instantly be labeled "hoax". As 2000 year old text translated 100 times shouldn't be considered anything close to evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join