It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father shot molester son through head

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How do they get 2nd degree murder from this??? It's definitely 1st....

BOTH acts are heinous....

(and I will STILL, NEVER understand how any man can be sexually attracted to a child...it just doesn't even compute in my brain....)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Its quite entertaining that we (as in the people of ATS) often call for the outright torture and killing of adults who commit such crimes, and we applaud those who remove trash in those circumstances but when a father does it because his son has disgraced him and admitted to a horrible act its reprehensible. People need to pick a side and stand there instead of this hopscotch nonsense; either you support removing these elements from our society or you don't!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Its quite entertaining that we (as in the people of ATS) often call for the outright torture and killing of adults who commit such crimes, and we applaud those who remove trash in those circumstances but when a father does it because his son has disgraced him and admitted to a horrible act its reprehensible. People need to pick a side and stand there instead of this hopscotch nonsense; either you support removing these elements from our society or you don't!

Does "removing" have to mean murdering a clearly troubled 15 year old boy? Is he beyond help? Not for me to judge; However, if he is deemed beyond redemption, cannot "removing" mean incarcerated for life? Do we, the state, have to kill him? Does his own father have to kill him?

Again, if your goals are punishement and/or permanent removal from society,prison sux!

All you have to do is pay attention right here on ATS (of BTS) and you'll find incidents too numerous to mention of corrupt and evil police and justice system workers. Too many people have already been murdered by the state who were innocent of the crimes for which they were convicted.

Enlightened people know that capital punishment is a blight on modern society.

On a side note, I find this galling: the number of people the espouse the death penalty but find abortion unacceptable for any reason. Hypocricy....?

Jason

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
You guys are HYPOCRITES!

If you had read about this father hearing about his son molesting his 3 year old sister and not doing anything about it then you would just be posting about how messed up he is to let his son get away with such a sick thing!

Of course it is drastic to kill your son out of anger - but If I had a son and I found out he molested by 3 year old daughter - I would be FURIOUS!!! Obviously he has some anger management and self-control issues BUT seriously....CAN YOU REALLY BLAME HIM!?

I am in *no way* advocating he was right for killing his son - I am only saying to stop being so judgmental and condemning!

Sorry, but I absolutely have to disagree with you. There is a tremendous amount of information lacking in this story and a tremendous amount of assumptions being made by people in this thread. I am not defending this boy's actions and I absolutely am not defending the father because I don't think there is any crime in this world that would cause me to be able to take a gun, hold it up to my 15 year old's head and pull the trigger. None at all. BUT, that is because I know my son and I know our relationship and I know what his upbringing is and I know my background and I know that I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY love the hell out of my son - AND respect the hell out of him even though he INFURIATES the hell out me sometimes. We have absolutely NO IDEA what he did to the 3 year old - molestation takes many forms... oh, and the story didn't say it was his sister either... another assumption on your part.

You are speaking from your perspective and I am from mine and obviously our perspectives are the only things we have to work with as we try to see others' perspectives. I HAVE a 16 year old son... that is my perspective, and again, this man had to be colder than cold to be able to do this. I have to admit that there was a time when I would have agreed with you but that time has passed because it was before I knew what it was like to be a parent.

My heart goes out to this family... this is truly a tragedy.

EDIT: Since this "father" felt that his son's actions were so heinous as to cause him to MURDER him, he should have killed himself too because, after all, he was the one that was responsible for his son's upbringing (or lack of it). You can say that the boy's actions were caused by environmental reasons and they might have been, but then I have to ask - why didn't the father take him out of this environment - why didn't they move? The reason is because people, in general, do not want to do what it takes to truly take responsibility for their own actions. In this case, the father doled out what he, personally, saw as the correct the punishment on his son but not on himself because either he didn't see himself responsible for it or because he was a coward willing to throw his own son's life away but not his own.

No, in no way should this man be held any less responsible than he held his son... too bad his punishment isn't the same.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There are indeed a lot of assumptions being made on this thread, however I did not make any assumptions - I got the extra details of the story by my own research.

The 3 year old he molested was his sister- his half-sister.

However, I see your point of view as a parent, I am not a mother but if I was I know for a fact I would have not done such an act. Personally, I see rape/molestation as worse than murder, but two wrongs don't make a right. I am not sticking up for the guy, I am just trying to point out the other side of the coin. And people here would talk the same crap, if not more, if he didn't do anything about it at all.

But I do disagree that he is responsible for his sons acts - if you read about the son himself, he was a very good student, nice, very well liked, etc - doesn't seem like he was the typical Detroit kid. It sounds to me like he was overtaken by his hormones and consumed with an incredible lust in that moment, temporarily losing his sanity. He admitted something to his mom, so my guess is he felt guilty. Now, I doubt that his father had anything to do with that, although it's indeed possible. If the father really did have some bad influence on his life - or lack thereof - I don't think he would have been so angry about it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
[edit on 4/4/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaMente
Personally, I see rape/molestation as worse than murder, but two wrongs don't make a right.

But I do disagree that he is responsible for his sons acts - if you read about the son himself, he was a very good student, nice, very well liked, etc - doesn't seem like he was the typical Detroit kid. It sounds to me like he was overtaken by his hormones and consumed with an incredible lust in that moment, temporarily losing his sanity. He admitted something to his mom, so my guess is he felt guilty. Now, I doubt that his father had anything to do with that, although it's indeed possible. If the father really did have some bad influence on his life - or lack thereof - I don't think he would have been so angry about it.

The only thing I saw was "inappropriate contact". I'm not saying he didn't rape her just that I don't think they would have used those words for rape. And yes, to me, touching is not as bad as rape - even though it IS bad. The fact remains that we don't know what he did.

Now, a guilty feeling, otherwise "normal", good student, well liked boy tells his mother what he did, he confesses. Doesn't it seem a little extreme to you that this "father" would react the way he did?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yes - I definitely think it is extreme and wrong.

Like I said though, I am just pointing out the other side of the story - If this same story was in the news with the father NOT reacting - people would be on here bashing the father for not doing anything and most likely saying the son should be killed!

And that's the problem nowadays - people talk so much crap about this and that - but if they had it their way- they would just be talking different crap.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Kaytagg

G'day Kaytagg

It also wasn't like it was a fit of momentary rage.

He made him strip, walked him to a vacant lot, etc....

The father was an animal.

It should have been a 1st degree murder verdict, not a 2nd degree murder verdict.

It would be interesting to know more about their background......I reckon there'd have been a lot going on there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

the son acted like an animal and he died like one fitting in my mind it must have been hard on the father to treat his son the way he did but I commend him for what he did.
his kid took the innocence of that little girl a bullet is so cheep.
imo he did the world a favor. it should have been at worse a ticket for littering (leaving trash on the ground.)

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ashnomadonte]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join