It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli warplanes bomb Gaza Strip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Week after two soldiers killed near Israel-Gaza border and few hours after Qassam hits south Israel, witnesses say IAF carried out at least five missile attacks on various targets; no immediate reports of casualties.

According to the Palestinian witnesses, one of the target's of Friday's assault was a group of armed lookouts near Beit Lahiya, located in the northern part of Gaza.

Another strike, they said, targeted a factory in Gaza City's Sabra neighborhood. In addition, a number of missiles were fired towards open areas in the Khan Younis area, the Palestinians reported.

Israeli warplanes also targeted a metal workshop in central Gaza, they said. According to the Palestinians, at least one missile was fired at a Hamas naval police outpost in Rafah.

www.ynetnews.com...

Have a nice easterm in Gaza... Maybe bigger operation / retaliation now on its way.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ever heard the term "shooting fish in a barrel" ?

They alternate that with pretend tennis.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They sure do love killing each other off over there, don't they. Does anyone know where I can donate money to both side to help keep this up? I'm all for any initiative that helps to reduce the global overpopulation of war mongers and adult that do not know how to behave as adults. Maybe I can raise enough money so both sides can afford nukes to play with over there. I feel a slight flu coming on. If it turns out to be bird flu, I'll save all my snot in a couple jars and send it to them and they can fling that stuff at each other and have even more fun playing biological weapons.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Big news! I thought multiple Arab countries warned them to tread lightly.... Be interesting to see the response.

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression palestine was never a nation.

therefore making at least the first map....mainly white?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
reply to post by kdial1

correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression palestine was never a nation.

therefore making at least the first map....mainly white?

Huh?? You are correct it was never a Nation, however I do not know where I said it was? I only show Palestinian Land..

Here ya go read up...

British Mandate of Palestine

-Kdial1

[edit on 1-4-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The kettle is definitely beginning to boil. As was said before it will be interesting how this plays out. The next world war will be our last in my humble opinion, maybe it will truly be "The war to end all wars"

War is good for the economy, it is a long tradition in this world, hopefully this incident does not boil over.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Big news! I thought multiple Arab countries warned them to tread lightly.... Be interesting to see the response.

-Kdial1

I thought claiming land through war was legal?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

-Kdial1

Wouldn't be saying that if Russia owned us soil you'd be begging for it back not rolling over and saying here have our land you want more go ahead take it

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I can't really put any input there as I really have no knowledge, but isn't that what most wars are for?

All I know is if you go back to the beginning when the Israel celebrates Balfour Day because of the Declaration of 1917 you can clearly see it says

...His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine...

Now to me this has been violated over the years.

Please keep in mind I do not support either side of this crazy conflict that has been going on for Hundreds of years. Just showing some facts....

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser

-Kdial1

Wouldn't be saying that if Russia owned us soil you'd be begging for it back not rolling over and saying here have our land you want more go ahead take it

It would be the French in his case, he is Canadian....

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Thirteen Israeli air strikes hit Gaza Strip

Israeli planes have carried out 13 air strikes on the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip, Palestinian sources have told the BBC. Four of the strikes took place near the town of Khan Younis, where two Israeli soldiers were killed in clashes with Palestinian fighters last week. The Israeli military has told the BBC the operation was targeting four weapons factories.

'Retaliation'
"Israel will not tolerate terroristic activity inside Gaza that threatens Israeli citizens," the Israeli military said in a statement released to the BBC.
Palestinian news agencies reported that Israeli aircraft dropped leaflets over parts of Gaza on Thursday warning residents of retaliation for last Friday's killings of the soldiers in Khan Younis.

news.bbc.co.uk

cnn.com

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Israel warns of another war on Gaza

The Israeli deputy prime minister has warned that Tel Aviv would soon launch another large-scale military operation against the Palestinians trapped in the Gaza Strip.

Silvan Shalom made the remarks on Friday after Israel carried out a series of airstrikes, injuring three Palestinian children, aged two, four and 11.

The deputy premier said that the new offensive will be launched in the near future. He added that the military attack is a response to rocket fire from Gaza.

A single rocket landed near the Israeli town of Ashkelon on Thursday, causing some damage but no casualties. Hamas did not claim responsibility for the attack. Israel responded by carrying out six waves of air raids overnight.

www.presstv.com...

- Still bombing urban city without civilian population given any opportunity to flee the zone is not a war, its called war crime and a murder.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

It is...Completely against international law....

The UN has time and time again told the Israelis its claim over land seized during the 1967 war is not recognised by it, or any other nation except Israel...

Just another example of Israel giving the rest of the world the finger...

/sarcasm on

And on topic...These airstrikes...Call it an Easter gift from the people of Israel to the Palestinian people...Happy Easter

/sarcasm off

new topics

top topics

join