It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Peterson Trial; Do you Care?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
While I feel that Lacy Peterson and her baby's death were horrible tragedies, I really don't care about the Scott Peterson trial. Am I the only one, who can't stand it, that the main news stories for the since yesterday is about the Peterson trial. Why must we have endure every little minute detail that happens in the courtroom? Listening to arguments about if the child was alive or not etc, etc,... Are high profile trials even worth the attention that they are given? I personally don't want to hear it, until it's over and verdict has been reached. I know the media does it for ratings, but is the general public really that interested in this type of media coverage? i'm interested to know who cares and why they do? (and i am not making light of the Lacy's death)

Peterson Defense: 'There Has to Be Evidence'

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This trial has been so public so dissected and digested that I am tire of it.
In my opinion regardless if he kill her or not he is going to walk.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I really could careless. He is forsure going to get off. The proscuters are fools. They always screw up. Try him in New york, or Boston, some place like that. then he will Be served the dish he deserves.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is not that I don't care. If he is guilty or innocent he should be found as such, but as far as taking an interest in the trial process, that I don't care about...not when cartoons are on at least.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am both tired of it and intriged by it. I live right near where all this happened,so its in the news every single night. So,yeah I am tired of seeing Petersons face on a nightly bases. But the case itself is interesting. My understanding is that the prosecution flopped big time on Tuesday and the defense was brillant yesterday.

I am very curious has too how the prosecution is going to try and win this case,on nothing but cirumstancial evidence. I rember them saying when the first arrested him,that they had him nailed. The seemed too be gloating about it. As the months went by,the defense has found holes in the prosecutions case on almost every level. I am not sure the prosecution has a "smoking gun".

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It's summer. I'm out playing poolside mostly.
I'll watch the updates on the news at night.
But I agree with a previous poster -
The prosecution usually screws up and I wouldn't
be surprised if he walked.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm interested in it strictly because I enjoy criminal investigations and crime analysis. The particulars of the case and the people involved hold no attraction for me. I actually think that its sad that the case gets as much attention as it does, when similar cases happen all the time and are never reported. I think its due mostly to the camera friendly faces of the accused and the victim and their relative affluence. If these were unattractive poor people, no one would have ever heard about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Based on the evidence, and the fact that the police and proscuters have hid a witness that may clear him. I would like to see what happens with that, as I get more and more pissed at the liberties the police take and in SO MANY cases I have seen where they know someone didnt do it but they ruin these peoples lives and sometimes (most of the time) there is no recourse on the police and prosecuters who have done it. They should go to jail. But they wont, he will sue and we the tax payers will pay for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
who the f@ck is scott Peterson?
Am I the only person who has been left in the dark

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Infinite, be glad that you live in the UK and don't have to be spoonfed news about that case 24/7... Here we have American chanels, so I've seen that more than enough times... (mostly right before my finger hit the "channel" button on the remote control...
)

There even was an E! true hollywood story about that case... Incredible!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo
I actually think that its sad that the case gets as much attention as it does, when similar cases happen all the time and are never reported. I think its due mostly to the camera friendly faces of the accused and the victim and their relative affluence. If these were unattractive poor people, no one would have ever heard about it.

Very true. The prettier the face, the richer the participants, the more the media coverage.

I'm tired of the overexposure already. This case has been on the nightly news almost every day since it happened. It's a classic example of the media telling us what we want to see.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sheesh...not only was there the E hollywood story,but at least one movie,I believe it was on the USA network in Feb. Hundreds of editorials,news specials,opinion shows,polls, basiclly, if it could be put on tv, the newspapers or the radio,the did it. Enough to make you want to puke.

Which brings me to question I have had for awhile now.
Should any of this be televised before it gets to court. Even though the trial has been moved to Redwood city,I have a hardtime believing he will get a fair trial. He(Peterson) has been smeared by every network and newspaper in America. I think all we need to know is that the crime happened, and leave it at that until the case is closed. I cannot believe the media frenzy that is allowed these days.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
thanks for responding everyone, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who feels this way. I really hate being spoon fed a story.

btw, while I do understand the interest from those involved or aspiring to be part of the legal system and community, I believe we have CourtTV for such coverage, regular news coverage shouldn't revolve around this story, tell us when there is a verdict, that's all i want to know.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It is only one trial that keep me glue to the tv when I was in california high desert and that was O.J. It never going to be a trial like that ever again.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
Which brings me to question I have had for awhile now. Should any of this be televised before it gets to court. Even though the trial has been moved to Redwood city,I have a hardtime believing he will get a fair trial.

This fact is used all the time by the defense attorneys to get a change of venue for their client, many times rightfully so. But as you imply, overexposure does have the danger of polluting the jury pool, which ends up making the trial more costly, as well as unfair to the victim and/or defendant.

There are at least three more high profile trials on the horizon: Kobe Bryant, Michael Jackson, and Martha Stewart's appeal.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
World Watcher,
I'm sick of Scot Peterson, Kobe Bryant, the Menendez (sp?) Brothers, O.J., Robert Blake and Michael Jackson.
The media simply beats these stories to death.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i'm intrested to see if someone in a high priority media case like this will be convicted of killing an unborn child.

this case does have implications of a greater nature than just a husband murdering(?) his wife.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm sick of this coverage too, so I usually change to another channel as soon as I see it...but I have heard a little info and seen him.

Apparently evidence was found that the baby had its umbulical cord cut, so it could have been alive already.

Also, there's something strange about Scott Peterson's face...the expression he has while he is in the courtroom.

My first impression was that he knew he was guilty...but when I thought for a second his face almost seemed like he knew he was getting off and he was bored of waiting through the trial.

Anyway...aren't there professionals in agencies like the CIA that are fairly skilled at gauging the face of people or is that just something false from Meet the Parents.

One thing is for sure...he doesn't have the face of a stone-cold killer, he is showing some kind of emotion/expression.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It wil be interesting to see how California can charge someone for the death of a unborn child when they do not recognize that child as a life.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Apparently evidence was found that the baby had its umbulical cord cut, so it could have been alive already.

Also, there's something strange about Scott Peterson's face...the expression he has while he is in the courtroom.

My first impression was that he knew he was guilty...but when I thought for a second his face almost seemed like he knew he was getting off and he was bored of waiting through the trial.

Anyway...aren't there professionals in agencies like the CIA that are fairly skilled at gauging the face of people or is that just something false from Meet the Parents.

One thing is for sure...he doesn't have the face of a stone-cold killer, he is showing some kind of emotion/expression.

Yeah, the guy does have a smug sort of look on his face. And as far as your other point, there certainly are people who study and analyze body language.

And one explanation being given for the umbilical cord was that it could have been cut by the prop of a boat.

IMO, the guy is guilty as can be. I say that because of:

• His attempt to cross over into Mexico after cutting and dyeing his hair, using his brother's driver's license, and carrying $15K in cash
  • His attempt to put the house up for sale right after Laci disappeared
  • His statements to Amber Frye, his girlfriend
  • His general demeanor, and lack of appropriate emotion

BTW, I got a good chuckle from your reference to Meet the Parents. Great movie!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join