It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its time to go home once and for all, farewell ATS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Greetings from Iraq (one last time). My time here has finally come to an end and I shall soon return to the states for good this time. Through out the times that I have been here I have seen many things that should be questioned like why are we still building up bases if we are to leave at a specific date and why did many people have to die for resources and lost artifacts of ancient times? As I look in the distance and see old tanks destroyed from the Iran-Iraq war back from the 80's I wonder if this country was cursed since the dawn of time since it is always in days of ruin and the people left uneducated to fend for themselves.

These projects have been a waste of time and money, however some of it actually goes to building schools and roads but others seem to serve no purpose at all. Although I am leaving this place forever I feel like I have lost a part of myself, my sanity and my deceased friends from past conflicts, I wonder what horrors will come from this side of the world from when I depart and will Iran share the same fate as Iraq in the days to come as some false-flag attack happens and get invaded by America? I have no need for these skills of combat anymore for once I return I can finally let my guard down and try to live a normal life as my time in the army will end in a matter of months. I know that most here have questioned my actions before and my reputation as well but through the flaming and the bashing I have become stronger and motivated to try harder and overcome any burden that comes my way.

If anyone here is by the El Paso area feel free to welcome us back/bash/hate in fort Bliss because it is time for me to say good bye to yall and should I not return to this site then something must of happened to me but maybe I am just being paranoid, anyways thanks for the good times and hope to come back here someday.

Note:This is not an april fools joke. I repeat THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE.
I will say a few goodbye's here and there and log off for good so good luck to the future and don't let TPTB cloud your judgement in the days to come.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So glad you are making it home safe.

May your journey home be more relaxing and safer than your time in the fire.

Thanks for your service.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thank you for your service brother. Hope to see you back on ATS when you get home!

-E-

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Firstly Congrats on coming home finally!!!

Secondly...Great to know you remained safe in your time over there.

S+F for making my day

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
glad its time for you to finally come back to the states, i can't imagine what it was like living in those conditions for as long as you did (or forever like the poor people who live there)

however i dont understand one thing, are you leaving ATS? if yes, how come?

edited some grammar

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e502f928874a.jpg[/atsimg]

Well done High Speed...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
glad its time for you to finally come back to the states, i can't imagine what it was like living in those conditions for as long as you did (or forever like the poor people who live there)

however i dont understand one thing, are you leaving ATS? if yes, how come?

edited some grammar

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Alaskan Man]

My sentiments exactly.
Why do you need to leave here because your tour is done?
I bet dollars to donuts you return...
Ya'll know you are addicted..

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nice one, your posts from iraq have been both informative and enlightening, not to mention entertaining. hope your gonna still be coming here now your back on civi street

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Might not always agree

But I wish you the best.

Take care.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Grow up mate, if you'd have read any of stop loss's post you will realize what an ignorant comment youve just made, and by the way I'm against the wars too, but still can respect what some people have to do.

edited to remove actioned post.
gallopinghordes
forum mod

[edit on 1-4-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e502f928874a.jpg[/atsimg]

Well done High Speed...

The man just spent years in Iraq.... Give the man a break.

Here, have an Ice Cold Canadian on me =)

[edit on 1-4-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Good luck buddy & thanks again!

Remember to stay away from the Juarez strip clubs

Trust me...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
[edit on 4/1/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Safe jouney. I hope you find civilian life back in the states more rewarding and peaceful. Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Good luck dude, If you make it safely I am sure we will see ya on here again. Thanks for your service. God's speed. /salute

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah I think that attack was kind of uncalled for.

Stop-loss! does NOT = NWO

Stop Loss for all intents and purposes, is one of us here at ATS.

We can all oppose the war but it is foolish to rag on someone on OUR side!

He is a smart soldier who thinks for himself. I can't call him a slave or anything by a long shot. He is certainly not brainwashed judging by his open minded comments.

I enjoy his contributions and many times I think he brings great insight into many topics.

Btw, Grats man. Hope you get home soon and light up the BBQ!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by itsawild1
reply to post by Stop-loss!

You have no clue what this man has been thru, nor do I. My husband served 2 tours in Iraq then got out of the Army as soon as his enlistment was up. It's no picnic for them I can assure you. You're treating this soldier the exact same way Americans treated soldiers returning from Vietnam. You seem to think that these people can just deny military orders to go to war. They personally did not declare war on Iraq, Bush did. They were following orders, and before anyone says that that is there choice, I can also assure you that it is NOT. they have family to think of and this is there lively hood. A court marshall, or dishonorable discharge follows a person forever.

Stop-Loss, I'm happy you are returning home safely and thank you for serving! Good luck in whatever you decide to do next!

edited to remove insulting quoted post
gallopinghordes
forum mod

[edit on 1-4-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your time and input here...wishing you wonderful things to come and every joy life can offer!
Travel safe!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join