It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Bright Blue Glow In Ventura, CA (coming from the Ocean)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yesterday I was driving to Ventura, CA at 3:36am (or 3:46am, I forgot, it was late) and all of I sudden there was this huge blue glow coming from the Ocean. The entire sky turned bright blue for about 2 seconds, then it went back to normal. It was highly awkward since I've never seen anything like that. It was so bright that the sky was illuminated as if it was daytime! Then about a minute later, the same thing happened again. There was no noise associated with the bright blue glow. The glow appeared to be coming from channel islands, since they are right in front of Ventura, CA. The blue glow appeared to have a small circular white center. Here's a pic I made on photoshop of what it looked like:

img695.imageshack.us...

Has anyone seen anything like that before? Any ideas of what caused that?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It could possibly have been a lighthouse

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I live in that area, it wasn't a light house. It was an extremely bright glow, and it only happened twice. It was not repeated over and over again.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In todays world no photographic evidence no believe.

Sorry, but no one has credibility anymore.

At least according to the bunkers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, you know what they say...the days are longer and the nights are stronger than moonshine.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OralFixation

There is such a thing as UFO's that go under water...perhaps that is what you saw?? I forget what exactly its called for search purposes though.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It was a wasp

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I found this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a U.S. Navy facility at the Channel Islands.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Reminds me, I saw something fall from the sky about a week ago, it was a thick streak of bright blue light. I figured it was meteor or something. The funny thing is I saw car lights drive over to where it fell and it look like they were searching the area.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

time will tell if it was a prelude to an earthquake off california. as an atmospheric phenomenon, or a UFO inspecting a fault line. ???

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
There is such a thing as UFO's that go under water...perhaps that is what you saw?? I forget what exactly its called for search purposes though.

Good point -there's an area off the California coastline called the 'Santa Catalina Channel' which has had an almost unprecedented number of UFO/USO sightings over the years - there's an interesting video below about it (see 3:10)

Unidentified Submerged Objects

The Santa Catalina Channel separates mainland California from the island of Catalina, this particular stretch of water is as deep as Mount Everest is high and UFO’s/USO’s have been seen both entering the water and emerging from its murky depths.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I see nothing other than something that looks like the Moon .
Has this anything to do with the fact its April 1.
No offense OP but I cant even see the sea .

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
youve discovered an underwater entrance to a deep underground military base.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I saw the same thing in Australia yesterday.
It was a bright blue flash on the horizon that lit up half the sky like day for about 1 or 2 seconds.
Happened at between 1 and 3am.

I can't believe some of you are suggesting it was he moon, or a lighthouse. Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Unidentified Submerged Objects

The Santa Catalina Channel separates mainland California from the island of Catalina, this particular stretch of water is as deep as Mount Everest is high and UFO’s/USO’s have been seen both entering the water and emerging from its murky depths.

Thread

Cheers.

That's the exact area where I saw the blue glow, although I didn't think it was a UFO when I saw the glow. I thought they might be testing something.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Nevermind, useless bunk.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I see nothing other than something that looks like the Moon .
Has this anything to do with the fact its April 1.
No offense OP but I cant even see the sea .

I guess you didn't read the post, I mentioned that I made that pic using photoshop to give people here an idea of what I saw.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I saw the same thing in Australia yesterday.
It was a bright blue flash on the horizon that lit up half the sky like day for about 1 or 2 seconds.
Happened at between 1 and 3am.

I can't believe some of you are suggesting it was he moon, or a lighthouse. Give me a break.

Was it near a military base?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
No it wasn't. But you don't know if what you saw was from military base, gotta keep all posibilities open.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anacapa Island Lighthouse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join