It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left over super nova from the inside out ( 3-D video )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've just seen an amazing video.
It's about the left over debris from a super nova. The video is a artist impression but really beautiful. It shows a 3-D environment and it's the first time they made it. As you will see, it will probably not be the last time they do this.( I hope :lol

Cassiopeia A 3-D Model: A Star From the Inside Out .

For the first time, a multiwavelength three-dimensional (3-D) reconstruction of a supernova remnant has been created. This stunning visualization of Cassiopeia A (Cas A), the result of an explosion approximately 330 years ago, uses X-ray data from Chandra, infrared data from Spitzer and pre-existing optical data from NOAO's 4-meter telescope at Kitt Peak and the Michigan-Dartmouth-MIT 2.4-meter telescope. In this visualization, the green region is mostly iron observed in X-rays. The yellow region is a combination of argon and silicon seen in X-rays, optical, and infrared - including jets of silicon - plus outer debris seen in the optical. The red region is cold debris seen in the infrared. Finally, the blue reveals the outer blast wave, most prominently detected in X-rays.

I had to share it and I hope it won't be the last time.
I would like to hear what you think of it and if you believe it will be cool or just a waste of money.( Being an artist impression.)

Fast Facts for Cassiopeia A:
Credit Visualization: NASA/CXC/D.Berry; Model: NASA/CXC/MIT/T.Delaney et al.
Category Supernovas & Supernova Remnants
Coordinates (J2000) RA 23h 23m 26.7s | Dec +58° 49' 03.00"
Constellation Cassiopeia
Observation Dates 01/30/2000 - 12/08/2007 with 5 pointings
Observation Time 56 hours
Obs. IDs 114, 1952, 5196, 9117, 9773
Color Code Energy (Red (0.5-1.5 keV); Green (1.5-3.0 keV); Blue (4.0-6.0 keV))
Instrument ACIS
Also Known As Cas A
Distance Estimate About 10,000 light years
Release Date January 6, 2009

The article came from the Chandra observatory.
Visit this Link, to read the full article.

Enjoy !

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Beautiful video, they have done it in slow motion, in real time sure it would be much faster, good thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Awesome video and glad to watch it. Supernova's are an amazing thing in the universe so to be able to see how one functions it is just astounding.

S&F from me!!

Pred...

join