It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My Name is Jesus Christ

page: 2
5
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Faith to me is not blindly following words. Its a feeling of when you know its right.

For example if jesus really came down from the sky tomorrow and told me to murder my family - I would tell him to shove it up his ass




posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by dPD89
... if I was to claim to be the second coming of Jesus Christ himself, ...

LOL, I've thought about this too, and not just as it relates to JC. I've also contemplated why people would not believe me to be an alien from a far away world if I told them I was. I eventually came to the conclusion that they wouldn't believe me because their biased expectations of what an alien should be would not match my profile.

So, I suppose the same would hold true for JC. "You ain't him, you're not what I was expecting or hoping for, therefor you are not my JC!" And the same for time travelers too. "Where's your time traveling machine, time travel can't be possible without a bunch of hardware to haul you around! You ain't no TT."


Good topic to think about.


Jesus and Christianity are just an example of what I'm trying to say, and you are right my friend. I look nothing like Jesus and I am not what people expected Jesus to be, therefore I can not be Jesus in their eyes. But if they believe in God, through faith, if they believe in Jesus, through faith, why not believe in me, through faith?



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1
 


This is the kind of unintelligent post that this place could do without, in my opinion.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk
Faith to me is not blindly following words. Its a feeling of when you know its right.

For example if jesus really came down from the sky tomorrow and told me to murder my family - I would tell him to shove it up his ass


good post man. You put that into words nicely.

and I couldn't agree more.

I'm not a religous person anymore, but your idea of faith is the best i've heard yet.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89
... through faith, why not believe in me, through faith?

Because you're not fat, you're not wearing a red suit and hat, you don't have a white beard, and you're not going "ho ho ho" all the time.
You have to dress and act the part according to each of their expectations if you want to fool the little gullible children.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89

Jesus and Christianity are just an example of what I'm trying to say, and you are right my friend. I look nothing like Jesus and I am not what people expected Jesus to be, therefore I can not be Jesus in their eyes. But if they believe in God, through faith, if they believe in Jesus, through faith, why not believe in me, through faith?


Your logic in the last sentence seems to be based on the premise that "Faith" involves a commitment to any potential object of faith that presents itself.
It doesn't. Faith is just another word for trust, and it can be just as selective as any other kind of trust. A Christian has faith in God; he is not obliged to have faith in you unless, and until, he is convinced that you are God.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dPD89
 


An analogy occurs to me.

I'm sure that your bank has absolute trust in you.
Nevertheless, when you go into a branch they will probably ask for identification.
They trust you, yes, but this does not oblige them to trust everyone who claims to be you. They check first.

Do you see the difference?



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think this sums up my feelings.

Matthew 7:16. "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?"

I don't need you to tell me you are The Christ. I'll know soon enough.

By the way, if anyone says "I'm Jesus Christ", I'm pretty sure they're aren't. Christ wasn't His last name....


[edit on 1-4-2010 by WickettheRabbit]



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Your logic in the last sentence seems to be based on the premise that "Faith" involves a commitment to any potential object of faith that presents itself.
It doesn't. Faith is just another word for trust, and it can be just as selective as any other kind of trust. A Christian has faith in God; he is not obliged to have faith in you unless, and until, he is convinced that you are God.


Not at all. My logic is based on a persons belief in something without the need of proof or reason, i.e. God et al. You do not ask for proof of Gods existence, and you do not question the validity of what is written in the Bible. Therefore if If you "trust" in these things unconditionally, why not trust the hypothetical prophet which claims himself to be Jesus?



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89

My logic is based on a persons belief in something without the need of proof or reason, i.e. God et al. You do not ask for proof of Gods existence, and you do not question the validity of what is written in the Bible. Therefore if If you "trust" in these things unconditionally, why not trust the hypothetical prophet which claims himself to be Jesus?


"Without proof" certainly, but people who make that decision of faith have had reasons for it, varying from person to person. None of us thinks that involves us in a complete blanket trust of anyone and anything, and I still don't quite see why you think that inference follows. If faith was a matter of "I'm going to let myself go and have no doubts on any subject", then your puzzlement would be valid. In practice, it doesn't work like that.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by DISRAELI]



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dPD89
 


Thanks for the reply. Would you mind briefly going through the "signs" if it isn't too much to ask? Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the bible say that the devil would masquerade as the saviour? Guess that makes me the devil?

But do you have enough information from the text to distinguish between the two?
=====================================================

Yes, that would make you sort of like the devil.



Signs:
Increase of weather behavior i.e. earthquakes, crime, apathy, worshiping other gods or things, scoffers of God, and the Bible, strange signs in the skies/space, famines, one world govt, Tiger Woods would be caught cheating, etc.

Ok, I'm kidding about Tiger Woods. Not about him cheating - about that being one of the signs.



Yes, the Bible says that satan will arrive first, as the anti christ, trying to convince everyone he is Jesus Christ. And ALOT of people will believe him.
He will introduce the "mark" - and if you accept it, your soul is eternally doomed to damnation (hell and on to the lake of fire)

And yes, the Bible says that it will eventually come down to believers in Jesus losing their lives, and some their heads (beheading) and life - or would that be their heads and then their life........ hmm. Anyhow, believers will lose their lives for their faith, belief and alliance to Jesus Christ.

Yes there is enough text in the Bible to distinguish the two.

Hope that helps some?




posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Be careful though, even the (so-called) real jesus was unable to convince everyone of his identity and thus he got his ass kicked and murdered by those that felt threatened that someone else was going to try to take over the world from them. My guess is JC wouldn't dare return until Ahmadinejad finished what he promised.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anyone with any sense of intelligence would know that Jesus Christ is not a man, born in the last 30 years and currently living like any other human being and suddenly exposes himself. If you know anything about JC you would know what the Bible actually says about his return and that it is suddenly and dramatic. If that's what the Bible says what will happen then anyone posing as Jesus is instantly shown to be nut's, drugges or an ATS member

[edit on 1-4-2010 by daggyz]



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hondahawk
Faith to me is not blindly following words. Its a feeling of when you know its right.

For example if jesus really came down from the sky tomorrow and told me to murder my family - I would tell him to shove it up his ass


That scenario happened in the Bible - God did tell Abraham to kill his son via sacrifice.

When Abraham put the boy on the alter, and raised the knife up to bring down into his body, God stopped him - you can read what happened - don't want to toss a spoiler in there.



Genesis 22 (King James Version)

Genesis 22

1And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

3And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

4Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

5And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

6And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

7And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

8And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

13And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

14And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

15And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

16And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

17That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Anyone with any sense of intelligence would know that Jesus Christ is not a man, born in the last 30 years and currently living like any other human being.

You see, what I posted earlier here has been validated by the above quote. Even the real (so-called) jesus was unable to convince everyone, what with everyone having their own personal biased expectations of what a real christ should be.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Divinorumus]



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Originally posted by Hondahawk
Faith to me is not blindly following words. Its a feeling of when you know its right.

======================================================

That is exactly what 'faith' is -

"Certainty" is when you know you are right.






posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by dPD89
... if I was to claim to be the second coming of Jesus Christ himself, ...

LOL, I've thought about this too, and not just as it relates to JC. I've also contemplated why people would not believe me to be an alien from a far away world if I told them I was. I eventually came to the conclusion that they wouldn't believe me because their biased expectations of what an alien should be would not match my profile.

So, I suppose the same would hold true for JC. "You ain't him, you're not what I was expecting or hoping for, therefor you are not my JC!" And the same for time travelers too. "Where's your time traveling machine, time travel can't be possible without a bunch of hardware to haul you around! You ain't no TT."


Good topic to think about.


Jesus and Christianity are just an example of what I'm trying to say, and you are right my friend. I look nothing like Jesus and I am not what people expected Jesus to be, therefore I can not be Jesus in their eyes. But if they believe in God, through faith, if they believe in Jesus, through faith, why not believe in me, through faith?

NOBODY believed Jesus, until the supposed miracles he performed.
If you walk on water, raise the dead and turn water into wine, you might have a point.



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
f you walk on water, raise the dead and turn water into wine, you might have a point.

Another expectation?
"Hey, you're not santa, if you were, you should have known I wanted a puppy for xmas."



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dPD89
 


"Ah yes, but that begs the common question of, "If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?" For something to exist, does it not need to be perceived?"

You said the tree falls...there for it did..or it did not. If you believe strongly that it did fall then....it probably did. If you don't believe strongly..then it probably didn't.

"If God exists to one person, then he exists to all." Yes, but if that one person failed to believe in that God, does that God now not exist to anyone?"

Once something is perceived to exist, then it does. You can't perceive non existence. Even talking about something not existing is proof to yourself that it could exist.

"And what leads you to assume that I do not believe in Jesus. Because I question the notion of faith? But are you not all questioning me, so do you, in turn, not believe in Jesus?"
He said to be Jesus, you have to believe in Jesus. You then accused him of assuming you did NOT believe in Jesus. You are killing yourself with your own sword on that one.

If you believe you are Jesus, then you will learn the truth of that for yourself. Everyone should follow their own truth.

But in truth Jesus is the mind of God not the body. So that could give you away.




[edit on 1-4-2010 by manbird12000]



posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just a word of caution on choosing which "book" to read if you are wanting to read the Bible -

I used to think that all of the new translations were the same as the King James Bible, just packaged prettier - but that isn't so.

There is a website dedicated solely to alerting people of all of the changes (omissions, altering, adding to) of these so called "different versions".

If you have a few minutes, please visit THIS website - it is a mega motherlode of anything related to the "other" versions of the Bible.

Bottom line, I would stick to the Original 1611 Authorized King James Bible - it is the closest we have other than the actual manuscripts.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join