It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment!! Did you hear the news??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh, wow! Impeachment!! I am speechless!! All this time, and no one thought it would happen, and now, on a date that will surely go down in history, the news breaks. No details yet; the news is strangely silent on this one, but we can speculate. Was it some criminal act, something about ignoring the Constitution, what?? Would love to hear what you all think. How does this news make you feel? What are the most likely reasons? Will it really happen? Why isn't the media talking about it more? There has to be some logical reason that this isn't all over the place. I barely caught the news at all.

Well, tell me what you think, and maybe we can figure it out.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
you realize it's April fools day right?

or maybe you're just being sarcastic, haha.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Do you have a source for this Tom Foolery?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I bet this thread isn't a joke, but the OP will now claim it to be just that in order to avoid looking foolish.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There are a great deal of people looking into the very possibility of impeachment.... and rightly so.

It might happen and if it does then he is gone and all hell is going to bust loose...

but if and when he is impeached... he caused it and brought it upon himself...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

It is?

Yeah, yeah, I know. Could not resist when multiple people I know fell for it in a text. Not so many gullible here!

Sarcastic? More like wishful, to be honest. Certainly enough cause at this stage. That's something we can all discuss.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Yes, my source is today's date! April Fool's! Not enough gullible people here; didn't really expect there to be. Still, we can discuss the reasons it should happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Sarcastic? More like wishful,

you wish Joe Biden was president? I'm no Obama supporter but i can honestly say hes gotta be better then Biden, and say you dont like Biden, so you immediately impeach him, well then queen Nancy gets to step up. I really dont think that would do this country any good.

edited grammar

[edit on 4/1/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

I agree - tons of cause out there, and I hinted at some of it. Sadly, though, this is only a joke today; my April Fool's gag. Some I texted it to actually believed it. I guess they forgot who sent it, lol! Still, would be great to discuss the reasons we should do it. All such discussion welcome, and hoping for opinions from both sides. Not meaningless negativity, but legitimate reasons pro and con.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You would lose that bet. It IS April 1'st, you know. So, the report is a joke, though the reasons speculated are actually far too close to reality.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
YEE HAW

I'm saddling up my chicken and on my way to DC ASAP!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

I agree - tons of cause out there, and I hinted at some of it. Sadly, though, this is only a joke today; my April Fool's gag. Some I texted it to actually believed it. I guess they forgot who sent it, lol! Still, would be great to discuss the reasons we should do it. All such discussion welcome, and hoping for opinions from both sides. Not meaningless negativity, but legitimate reasons pro and con.

You guys would need alot more than just the impeachment of the commander in chief, you would need to get rid of almost 2/3rds of congress, pelosi, biden, and countless others.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

April Fool's joke....sadly. Some I know believed it when I sent out a group text. Wishful thinking, I know. Though, the reasons hinted at are real enough. There have been some serious blows to Constitutional rights, and that isn't a joke at all. Biden isn't great, I agree, and Nancy? SHUDDER!!! At this point, I would rather see the election made invalid, and we could start over.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

If only it could be.....just a joke at this stage, though. What strikes me is how many people have wished it was true. Rather telling.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

At this stage, I figure November will be removing a lot of the rest of them. Too many people not happy about the joke of a "reform" bill that was passed (read "shoved down our throats"). I expect there to be a pretty big change in Congress this fall. We already saw hints of that, when the long-time Senate seat of Kennedy was won by a Republican. Plus, there are still cases being appealed on the birth certificate issue. Never know what might happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Janky Red

If only it could be.....just a joke at this stage, though. What strikes me is how many people have wished it was true. Rather telling.

I heard the same joke 5 years ago about Bush. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join