It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are christians changing around thier beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i remember in the 90's hearing people say that the dinosaurs never existed and their bones were put here by satan to fool us

now i am hearing people say that the dinasaurs died in the flood that naoh built his arc for
WTF???

now the catholic church accepts evolution
what is going on here?

first there was a literal interpertation of the bible now people are saying the bible isnt all true

am i the only one noticing these things?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

....So different Christians believe different things.

I see nothing wrong with that, just modern thinking being implemented to religion IMO.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This exact trend will continue in this same manner until religion is finally extinct. For as long as research and science continues in providing FACTS and EVIDENCE, it will prove the myths, fables and nonsense of religion to be exactly what it really is - COMPLETE NONSENSE.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

im not saying anything is wrong with it i just noticed this and taht i would bring it to attention

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I said I see nothing wrong with it, not that you do.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Doesn't matter in my opinion. I guess that is the problem with 'religion'. Quarrelling over petty differences instead of focusing on what is really important. To me I don't need an explanation about dinosaurs, that doesn't change the message.

As for the church accepting the theory of evolution, I believe they are desperate. They are changing their beliefs around and being more tolerant in an effort to reconnect with a more modern and younger crowd. Personally, I feel like the catholic church is a slimy, seedy and corrupt organization that has always had a lust for power and money....but that's just me

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You are seeing it first hand the evolution of these religions into modern spiritualism. They will still believe in the teachings of the bible and maybe some stories here and there but overall people want to connect spiritually more than through a book. I personally think it is a great thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well, is science really any different? At first scientists thought that dinosaurs evolved from birds, but there are a growing number that realize that it is impossible. Science still can't decide how the dinosaurs became extinct.

Science still can't explain how life came about...Panspermia, spontanious generation, infinite regression, big bang, and all the other fancifull things the mind can conceive.

All this is is Christians that think they need to buy into the latest "science" in order to gain credibility with the world. I say BOOO. If you are going to believe the Bible, believe the Bible. If not be an atheist, but don't try to marry the two....

THAT is one UGGGLYYY Baby!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The church's position was always one of neutrality and has nothing to do with creation.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
am i the only one noticing these things?

no, the truth is, the church has never really been that concerned with what the bible says.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

The church's position was always one of neutrality and has nothing to do with creation.

current.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

current.com...

Of course they do.Still, this has nothing to do with creation .period!!!

no, the truth is, the church has never really been that concerned with what the bible says.

lol..Are you listening to yourself?

[edit on 1-4-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's for the same reason they changed the ORIGINAL Christianity:

Because they want to make it easier to draw people in so they can make more money and have more power...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

current.com...

Of course they do.Still, this has nothing to do with creation .period!!!

then you dont know what evolution is.

lol..Are you listening to yourself?

i stand by that statement 100%

they killed in the name of god, and now they abuse.

they teach "doctrines of men" by preaching hellfire, immortality of the soul, and other pagan doctrines like the trinity.

they ignore jesus when he said to be "no part of the world" by being involved in politics and affairs of the world. even taking sides in its wars.

matt 7:[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
[16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Religions often modify their views to fit scientific discoveries...

You don't see the church holding to a Geo-centric Universe any more, do you?

At least these days, it doesn't take a few folks being burned on a stake to get there....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Religions often modify their views to fit scientific discoveries...

You don't see the church holding to a Geo-centric Universe any more, do you?

At least these days, it doesn't take a few folks being burned on a stake to get there....

totally true...

but as i said before, the church doesnt concern itself much with what is actually written in the bible.

a geo-centric universe is not mentioned anywhere in the bible. nor are there any comments on the position of the earth in relation to the rest of the universe.

i find it interesting that a religion can hold on to some belief so strongly that they would kill, when really god has not said anything about it at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
orthodox people are not as fanatic as catholics or muslims. they open theyr eyes in the world and accept what seem real to them

new topics

top topics

join