It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico's drug war spilling into Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well the drug war is spilling over here. A rancher was just shot to death , and they found illegals in the area, and drugs. The ranchers brother had called immigration about drug smuggling going on his property, and they believe this is a retaliation.

Here is part of the article and link:

Robert Krentz, 58, was a third generation rancher who was inducted into the Arizona Farming and Ranching Hall of Fame one year ago. He has served as president of the Cochise-Graham Cattlegrowers Association. "We know this," Cochise County Sheriff Larry Dever said at an afternoon news briefing. "Robert was shot. His dog was shot. He was in an all-terrain vehicle and he never got out of the vehicle." "There is absolutely no reason this had to happen other than the bad intentions of one sick, sorry individual that we hope to be able to catch up to very quickly," Dever said. Krentz was found shot to death just before midnight Saturday on his property about 35 miles northeast of Douglas.

www.kpho.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'd say "Close the borders" but I have too many friends that are of Mexican descent to justify it. I am anti-illegal alien though, and I think that they're absolutely robbing the country blind. That's another topic for another thread though.

The connections with the CIA and Cocaine/Heroin importation is undeniable. Especially in the 60s, 70s and the 80s with crack-coc aine. When it was made public, people within the circle claimed "We did it to protect the US and overthrow dictators." I doubt that though. They imported it to make addicts out of people. A docile public won't question the government. An addicted population will be docile. My 2 cents anyways.

This Mexican Drug War has been brewing for the past few years. When will it end? Multiple be-headings, the deaths of innocent bystanders, it's absolutely ridiculous. I wonder why I reincarnated here in the first place. This planet sucks.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the link! I was planning a trip to the ghost towns and natural beauty aroundthe Douglas area soon but sheesh maybe I ought to wait till things calm down! S+F

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Anyone ever read Clear And Present Danger? Lot of value to those four words...

I personally think that the National Guard should be called in from each of the states bordering Mexico - and not just simply to patrol it either. Logistically speaking, I wouldn't be opposed to active regulars being called in to hit these guys behind their own lines. As far as I'm concerned, Mexico's sovereignty ends where the deaths of our citizens begin. It's one thing if you're a cartel member facing down a border patrol agent with a revolver... another altogether if you're facing down the barrel of a 30 mm chain cannon on the nose of an Apache, and Ft. Bliss in El Paso's got lots of 'em.

Oops, nevermind - just saw the thread where Richardson ordered in the Nat'l Guard...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sure is funny how a news story can change everything overnight.

I had this ad running in our local paper "Mossberg 835 tactical shotgun" for about three weeks... nothing no calls no emails... nothing... then this Rancher gets killed and all day yesterday and today the phones been ringing off the hook... funny thing is now I'm not so sure I want to sell it...

lot of folks down here in the border states are scared...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
sorry for the double post

[edit on 1-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
First you have the rancher here that got sued for protecting himself against them, and this guy dies by their hands . What are you supposed to do!
It is just nuts. I think WE should start a lawsuit against the Mexican government!

I think they want them to take over the southern Us, all in the name of a vote, and a more unquestioning public, that is my opinion.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by amatrine]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
And the Mexican government has called for the U.S. to ban certain firearms because some of them end up in the hands of Mexican cartel members.
It appears the citizens of Arizona need all the fire power they can muster.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It has been two years and it is still fubar.

www.examiner.com...

tucsoncitizen.com...

We all lost something when Rob Krentz was taken from us. Not just a father, a son, a husband and a friend, but also a citizen and a good man. And, unfortunately for us, America can’t spare any good men, not at this time. We need everyone we’ve got. We need to remember Rob Krentz for the man he was and work to do everything we can to prevent a waste like this from ever happening again. Continue reading on Examiner.com Rob Krentz – the man WE lost - San Francisco Immigration | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Something is very wrong when Americans dare not travel in their own country because of Mexican drug cartels. Impose a curfew from 8.00pm to 6.00am along the areas bordering Mexico and let your Apache pilots patrol and practise night surveillance. They are allowed to shoot at anything and everything that moves. If the cartels are big in Mexico they should not be allowed to get big in the US. Why Americans are paranoid of Russia and China when Mexico already has one foot in your country. Its a war not murder or retaliation so what is there to investigate. Hit back and hit back hard and keep that sh*t south of the border.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'd think ambush predator games would be good...nobody would know who shot them if you just let them lie where you drop them...Shoot 4 or 5 every few days and they would cross somewhere else,..may as well of they are honna shoot you ...tag them first

top topics

join