It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red bands of tape being applied to telephone poles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Red bands of tape being applied to telephone poles

www.azcentral.com

I live near 64th Street and Cactus Road. Red reflective tape is appearing on the aluminum poles of the street signs. There are usually three wide bands of tape placed about a foot apart on each pole. Each week, more poles are being red-taped. My neighbor told me that this is being done as a route for a foreign, non-English speaking military to follow, if they are ever in this country to assist with civil unrest. Is this really why this tape is being put on these poles?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Okay, which ATSer is this guy's neighbor? 64th & Cactus. Come on, show yourselves and take a bow.

Obviously the reflective tape is for public safety. Pay not attention...wait, you SHOULD pay attention, otherwise what's the point of a warning?

Then again, maybe the guy who wrote the response is in on the plot...hmmm...

www.azcentral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
that's a good one

foreign troops would all leave their GPSs and maps at home, totally relying on our street signs for navigation

*Wait a minute.

red tape? As in China or Russian colors? Holy schnikees.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Now i had been told this by a guy in san diego that the tape bands were colored coded by threat levels(red..high)(yellow...minimum)etc,,,but i thought this guy was a loon but i know your location in phoenix and it makes me wonder

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well, the theories will fly now...
At least, it will get more people checking the local telephone poles.

BTW, love the signature. Brilliant!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Holy dump truck!!! You scared the bejebus right out of me with your petition to ban that pain-in-the ( ! ) ATS member. I couldn't agree more!!!

[edit on 1/4/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I dunno. It sounds crazy but I happened across a website awhile back where this guy said he found a UN code system being used on the rear sides of street signs and certain arrow sign etc that had been added everywhere. Wish I could remember the link. I thought he was crazy at the time too but he had references to it. Maybe it's worth looking into?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Did those signs look damaged or worn in any way? Around here the DOT marks signs with tape that are to be replaced - they send out DOT road crews with poles and signs - they see the tape, they replace the sign.

Not saying this isn't a prelude something more sinister, just another thought...

Honestly, didn't know there was a code system for marking signs so forgive me if the above sounds ignorant.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I clicked on your signature to have the member banned... and found out it was ME
LOL

Anyhoo, I think a foreign army could use something a little more discrete then red reflective tape on pole. Maybe they should just use Mapquest.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok here's a link actually to a thread about this hiden code system here on ATS. The OP has a link to a website that details the secret codes supposedly on street signs. Hmm....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OK sorry looks like the guy who started the secret code website linked to in the thread has shut his site down because of personal health issues but the rest of the thread is still there. Maybe they do have secret codes!? IDK?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not to derail the thread.

I absolutely agree they should be banned.

They have been a thorn in the side of what otherwise is a great forum.I am glad I added my name to the list.

Hopefully the moderators and staff will agree and banned them!

Back on topic,I was always seeing identification markers that were unknown to the general public.

The white crosses painted in the middle of some intersections are suspicious too.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Is your whole theory kind of not really practical? Imagine posting these flags on EVERY pole in America. Maybe since its at specific intersections for construction or something. Can't be in preparation for invasion. # would hit the fan and this strategy would have been leaked by now.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well there are military people who have been all over the world who say the foreign troops are still a joke compared to US. Although EU/China are on a military roll, but now also in big econ. crash.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It would be easy to ruin a tape plan.

Pull it off or put red tape on everything.

Doesn't seem like much of a military strategy to me.

But its good to take note of this type of thing when it occurs.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This reminds me of when some people were freaking out about colored stickers on their newspaper boxes, which turned out to be for newspaper subscriptions. I remember reading a post where somebody said they kept taking them off. That must have been confusing for their paperboy.

It's most likely that the tape is used to see the poles better at night, as the article suggests. There could be other uses, but I see no reason to believe that any possible uses would be for anything sinister. It's just tape, after all.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
It's just tape, after all.

On ATS it's never "just" ANYTHING.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There used to be a conspiracy theorist who wrote quite a few books on black ops.. Jim Keith I believe. He forwarded the theory that the inspection stickers on the road signs would tell foreign troops where to go, as in they formed a pattern and always ended up leading to a base or government building.

This might be where your friend got the idea.

This was about two decades ago. Nothing but crickets chirping in the fields to this day.

There was also a mailbox sticker-dot ruckus here a few years back too.

Still a bunch of crickets chirping in the background to this day.

I appreciate the head's up though. As I don't trust this gov of mine more than I can throw it. And I can't throw it even an inch at that!

[edit on 7-4-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I swear I read on Steve Quayles site last year that there were color
coded stickers being placed on Mail boxes in Rural areas.

BTW He's on Coast to Coast tonight also.

new topics

top topics

join