It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Airplanes Searched, Passengers Evacuated in Philadelphia & Boston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
An American Airlines flight bound for Boston from Philadelphia International Airport was searched and 19 Passengers were removed from the plane and had to be rescreened before allowing to board due to a phone in threat. The threat was in reference to an "item" on board the plane. No "item" was found after the search. A connecting American Airline Flight in Boston was also searched before it departed to London.

Passengers Evacuated From Plane After Threat
Philadelphia International Airport officials evacuated 19 passengers from American Airlines Flight 4543 as it was preparing to depart from Gate A2 about 6:30 a.m., airport spokesman Mark Pesce said.

Pesce said the passengers were taken off the plane and re-screened. The plane was towed to a remote area of the airport where it was searched. Nothing was found, he said.

Pesce said he couldn't comment on the possible nature of the item or possible origin of the call.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While it is imperative to search and prevent terrorism on airlines, it is becoming more of hassle to fly when anyone can call in a threat and disrupt an entire system. Perhaps it was hoax, perhaps it was test, regardless, flying is no longer the choice mode of transportation for many with the increased tensions and threats abound.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am ging to Phily next week, hope there are no problems on my way back fro there. You would think planes are safe , but I guess you never know.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Imagine what would happen if this became a common prank:

More incidents like these, pulled off like NEWS: Psychic Grounds Plane
would eventually bankrupt the airline industry, within months.

What is rather surprising that it hasn't happened more often.

new topics

join