It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy frigate captures pirate 'mother ship'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Navy frigate captures pirate 'mother ship'

news.yahoo.com

A US warship operating in the Indian Ocean captured five suspected pirates Thursday after an exchange of gunfire in international waters near the Seychelles, the Pentagon said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The frigate USS Nicholas took the piracy suspects into custody after the warship sank a skiff, and confiscated a suspected mother ship, said a statement from US Naval Forces.

I still can't believe that pirates even operate in this day and age, and with some success at that (not against the US at least). I know, I know, if the Somali fishing grounds weren't being ravaged, then they wouldn't be pirating. But I think that arguement is a farce. There is other ways to make money that do not result in a crime.

-E-

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

There is other ways to make money that do not result in a crime.

Not really when you're poor. When you're dirt poor, and every legal recourse is cut off from you- you turn to whatever you can to survive.

Some of the middle/ upper class need to try being 'poor' for a couple weeks- have no money, and go try to scratch out a living somewhere. Try it. See how far you get. See what goes on around you. See if you LAST the whole 2 weeks.

*gets down off the soapbox* I'm poor and I am lucky I didn't have to pay for this message. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I guess it confirms the saying "hard times call for hard crimes"

-E-

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
its amazing how these alegedly poor pirates can range the indian ocean as far as the seychelles and operate these mother ships

if they can commit piracy over these large distances - they could fish over such distances too - .

sometimes i wonder if the somali fishing grounds really are as barren as claimed anyawy

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

pictures of mother ship?
i want to see this ship, all i see is what looks like a small fishing boat

top topics

join