It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama To Resign Over Conspiracy Theories

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

It's not a New York Times article...

It clearly says YEW NORK TIMES

Why don't people read the thread and the link provided in the OP?

ATS has issues... and It's not with pulling April fools pranks...

It's the sheer ignorance and gullibility of many of it's members and the inability to actually read the thread

[edit on 1/4/10 by blupblup]

I understand exactly what you are saying and I even agree with you about the gullibility of members here. However, that does not change my opinion at all. SO and company have violated their own Terms and Conditions. This joke (and it is funny) was placed in breaking news where it remains still, not in general, skunk works, or HOAX. It is in Breaking News and is being put forth in a manner to intentionally deceive others. Granted, anyone with a reading level above the 3rd grade who actually takes the time to read the "article" linked in the OP will see its a gag, however it still goes against the T&C of ATS.
How many of us here go nuts when our own government violates the constitution and goes against the will of the people? So when the government breaks their own rules we are ready to fight them and each other, but when the ownership of ATS breaks their own rules people star, flag, and give them pats on the back. I just dont get it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
correction: the thread has finally been moved to general, instead of being left in Breaking News. It's a start, but this should be in HOAX where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
very funny, hope the ny times doesn't try and get you for copyright for using their logo

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

SO and company have violated their own Terms and Conditions. This joke (and it is funny) was placed in breaking news where it remains still, not in general, skunk works, or HOAX. It is in Breaking News and is being put forth in a manner to intentionally deceive others.

If it had been put in any other forum then the JOKE would not have worked quite so well.

It's like telling someone the punchline before you've told the joke.

What is wrong with people?

Calm down.... it was an April Fools prank.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

very funny, hope the ny times doesn't try and get you for copyright for using their logo

I highly doubt we'll hear from "The Yew Nork Times"....(read it again)...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join