It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless brain wins top prize-WOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Article:

Last month we (The Sun) launched the competition asking readers to send us a picture representing how medical science has transformed their life. Rupert Hitchcox's image was crowned winner by the judging panel. It shows in incredible detail the machine implanted in his brain that surgeons control wirelessly to keep him alive.

Hydrocephalus-sufferer Rupert Hitchcox, 38, from London has had a staggering 28 operations on his head.Now, this electronic device means his condition, otherwise known as water on the brain, doesn't require complex surgery.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk... (Pic can't be copied-have to go to article)

Amazing the things we can do today. I have never heard of this but it sure makes sense to me. Any medical folks care to opine?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Jeez - that is amazing, never seen anything like that before

Second Line: April's Fool

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Happy april fools

Wireless control via the NHS. Amazing, that guy must have waited a lifetime to get that appointment

[edit on 1-4-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't think it is an April Fool's day joke but you never know. Google Wireles Brain and see how many things come up. Sounds to me like it is possible and being done.

Google search results from when I did it: www.bing.com...

I knew people may think April Fools but I honestly don't partake in that activity.

Well, believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ok, let's just say for a second it is true... Why would they choose to release this article on the 1st April, if they wanted to be taken serious at all??

Why not tomorrow? Or yesterday? Nope, sorry, not buying it.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Maybe because the whole world DOESN'T partake of April Fools. Google/Bing it and see for your self. Just found out this stuff was going on in early 2009. Don't take my word(s).

Check for yourself. I dare you. If Im correct...? hmmm.

edit for spelling

[edit on 4/1/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Maybe because the whole world DOESN'T partake of April Fools. Google/Bing it and see for your self. Just found out this stuff was going on in early 2009. Don't take my word(s).

Check for yourself. I dare you. If Im correct...? hmmm.

edit for spelling

[edit on 4/1/2010 by anon72]

What I'm saying is that it is stupid for a paper to release this on April's Fool day. This is from the UK, and they do partake in it. Their newspapers have done plenty of this in the past:

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Look at how many come from the UK, and the BBC - of all people.

If this article is to be taken seriously, they should have waited 1 day to publish it. Otherwise, they open themselves up to this speculation.

BTW - why should I check for myself?? If you have done the research, and are so positive it is legit, why don't you post some links for me see what exactly it is that has you believe this is true?

new topics

top topics

join