It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First hi-res images from HiRise, chosen by the public!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hi all,

I just read this on the news, and didn't see a thread about it. PLease close this thread if I misse dit anyway.
The HiRise sattelite orbiting Mars has just released eight high resolution images, that were chosen by the public. Because of the focus on planetary anomalies on ATS lately, I thought it would be interesting to share this with you. The fact that the pictures are chosen by the public makes this quite interesting I think.
I can't really strecht the images in the provided link to fullscreen, but I'll look for a better link.

RELEASE : 10-071 NASA Mars Spacecraft Snaps Photos Chosen by Public WASHINGTON -- The most powerful camera aboard a NASA spacecraft orbiting Mars has returned the first pictures of locations on the Red Planet suggested by the public. The High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment, or HiRISE camera, aboard NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, or MRO, is nicknamed, "the people's camera." Through a program called HiWish that began in January, scientists have received approximately 1,000 suggestions. The first eight images of areas the public selected are available online at: uahirise.org...

uahirise.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Oh, you actually cán stretch them to full-screen

Very detailed images I must say, very pretty. The pictures are absolutely stunning to look at, it sometimes just looks like looking to Mt. Everest!
The eight pics, max resolution:

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

www.uahirise.org...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
/waits for the usual pictures of circled, shaded and coloured rocks showing alien lifeforms..

I wonder if anything will be let slip past the 'image processing suite' employed by NASA. I must say these are great shots showing such an amazing and supposedly desolate landscape. One thing that strikes me is the large scale patterns shown here on the surface, can be echoed in various crystals and rock formations found here, in micro scale!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
They need a new few shots of the face on mars... with the new hi res I'm sure the area would be pretty good to see a full clear shot.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
/waits for the usual pictures of circled, shaded and coloured rocks showing alien lifeforms..

I wonder if anything will be let slip past the 'image processing suite' employed by NASA. I must say these are great shots showing such an amazing and supposedly desolate landscape. One thing that strikes me is the large scale patterns shown here on the surface, can be echoed in various crystals and rock formations found here, in micro scale!

Hahaha ... wait no longer ... go see my thread !

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Yeah I saw that, lol. Funny thing is, I already checked the highres pics myself for anomalies, but couldn't find one in my swiftness. I'll check again I think

top topics

join