It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U Flood Control.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Mods, can you please alter this to where members, such as myself do not have to worry about being told we're flooding when we try to send a U2U to one individual, then right after to another individual?

This has bothered me for quite some time.

Honestly, I've got over 1000 posts, and everyone knows me here, I'm not going to flood..... and I'm sure other members have experienced this same issue.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The issue isn't necessarily personal.

With so many members it is prudent to implement a time lapse between u2u's to keep the strain on the servers down. Factor u2u's with thread page views and all of the other actions on the boards it is reasonable to allow some time...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
And it's not because we hate you. Even staff members have to wait between sending U2Us...

In the end it's there for our protection and for ATS' protection.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Roger that. Hopefully one day there'll be a workaround

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Besides, it takes time to send the original U2U to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base to copy and resend to its original intended recipient and remove all the forwarding marks. It's a national safety protocol in the event that some of Tesla's notes that they don't have are passed between members.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yhea it annoys me little too, but on the other hand I can see the point, I don't want to be spamed all the time...

By the way, I stumbled on this interesting site........

Oh edit, would a mod like to say what the time criteria is for the flood control? I usually just wait a while, read something else before I send the next u2u - I only send a few sometimes.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Say, what about those "Respected Foe" messages, how can some dude generate dozens of them to me? Wouldn't just one be sufficient from any particular member?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Sorry to go off topic... Ahabstar, that is one of the best avatars I’ve ever seen

Love it!!!

Regarding the OP... couldn’t we at least make the flood control kick in after 2 or 3 u2u's??

Or maybe even make it something you can purchase with points... 10,000 points means you can send 4 u2u’s at a time or something?!?!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
are you are REALLY in such a rush that you cannot wait 30 seconds ?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

30 seconds?? really?? i didn’t know that LOL

I assumed it was longer and so just went off and did something else for a while...

top topics

join