It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Key World Powers Agree to Seek Iran Sanctions, Officials Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Six Key World Powers Agree to Seek Iran Sanctions, Officials Say

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- Six major world powers have agreed to begin putting together proposed new sanctions against Iran over its suspect nuclear program after China dropped its opposition, U.S. officials said Wednesday.

China, long a holdout against fresh international penalties against Iran, signaled its willingness Wednesday to consider a U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution, two U.S. government officials said.

That would appear to improve prospects for passing a resolution aimed at increasing economic and diplomatic pressure on Iran to scale back its nuclear ambitions, which Tehran insis
(visit the link for the full news article)

news.xinhuanet.com...
Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UN council in agreement over sanctions Iran

[edit on 1/4/10 by plumranch]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
"China, long a holdout against fresh international penalties against Iran, signaled its willingness Wednesday to consider a U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution, two U.S. government officials said."

"One of the officials said China had made a commitment to discuss the specifics of a Security Council resolution, and that on that basis the United States would press ahead with an effort to pass such a measure."

This is pretty remarkable. If China is on board maybe we can get something done with the rogue Iran.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Oh wow I am sure Iran is scared now....oh wait probably just the people. It will be just like North Korea where the people starve and live in tyranny based on the decisions by their great leader. It makes me think back to those videos from Tehran and the protests. Man, those poor people.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Many of you might not believe this but sanctions are worst than war. This hits the young, old and weak first. If you compare the years that Clinton put sanctions on Iraq to the war there, sanctions were by far worst and it always kills the innocent.

Iranian people are actually great people, and I hate to see the powers of their country lead them to this.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Many of you might not believe this but sanctions are worst than war.

Um, you can't be serious!

Which war was better than sanctions? WWI, WWII, Korean, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.

Please elaborate...

Iran has not cooperated with the West to date because there has never been a united Western stance. For whatever reason the West has mounted that political offensive against Iran.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The whole "sanction" talk is a bunch of BS.

You can't sanction a country (4th round sanctions by the way that are meant to be SEVERE, in other words make the population starve and not have food, money, etc.)

It's just a pretext to war. There's no such thing as "sanction".

Why would they sanction Iran? Because it has the right to nuclear power just like every other country, and Israel and U.S. don't want Iran to have that kind of power, since that means they can no longer fund their drug and money laundering businesses anymore?

Think about it for a second. Three rounds of sanctions didn't work, so now they will DAMAGE the population of Iran to CAUSE Iran to go to war, but of course that's not even going to happen because Mossad has false flags ready to go to blame Iran like they did with 9/11 and Afghanistan/Iraq.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
"China, long a holdout against fresh international penalties against Iran, signaled itswillingnessWednesday to consider a U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution, two U.S. government officials said."

Yes Willingness to consider. I bet the answer will be still no ;-P

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
china must have got oil supply guarantees from the us to go ahead with this.

this only leaves russia t go against.

my bet is next week after easter it'll start.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well this is from a few days ago.

Russia does not rule out sanctions against Iran

Reuters
Saturday, March 27, 2010; 1:13 PM

MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Dmitry Medvedev said on Saturday he still supported diplomacy to resolve the dispute over Iran's nuclear program but sanctions should not be ruled out.

"We are convinced that the path of sanctions is not optimal," Medvedev said in a message to the Arab League conference in Sirte, Libya.

"At the same time, such a scenario cannot be excluded,"

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just a little game of give and take.

U.S. and European officials considering new sanctions against Iran have decided to set aside some of the harshest of the measures as they seek broader international agreement in United Nations Security Council negotiations, said diplomats involved in the talks.

In particular, U.S. officials and their allies have decided to drop any attempt to impose a ban on the export or import of refined petroleum products, concluding that such a measure would be rejected by Russia, China and possibly other members of the Security Council, the diplomats said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I am sorry dude but I beat you to the punch....

UN council in agreement over sanctions Iran

But let's just keep this thread up because it is doing better then mine..

Here's a star and a flag.....

Peace

[edit on 1-4-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
They need to cut international flights....

Cannot get in or out, NO ONE. Then they'll pull coup d'état....
With a little help from the CIA of course.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Many of you might not believe this but sanctions are worst than war. This hits the young, old and weak first. If you compare the years that Clinton put sanctions on Iraq to the war there, sanctions were by far worst and it always kills the innocent.

Iranian people are actually great people, and I hate to see the powers of their country lead them to this.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

americans (most) are great and nice people
look at what their goverments done to them

same with britain and rest of the goverments

all goverments screw over its people

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It seems like Iran is being found guilty and punished before they commit the crime. As I don't trust the MSM I have issues with the UN placing sanctions on them. Sanctions didn't stop North Korea from getting nukes but it did make life even more miserable for the people who live there.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
now you know what was the metro bombing in Moscow for.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

"China, long a holdout against fresh international penalties against Iran, signaled its willingness Wednesday to consider a U.N. Security Council sanctions resolution, two U.S. government officials said."

"One of the officials said China had made a commitment to discuss the specifics of a Security Council resolution, and that on that basis the United States would press ahead with an effort to pass such a measure."

This is pretty remarkable. If China is on board maybe we can get something done with the rogue Iran

www.foxnews.com

that will still leave the problem of the rogue U.S.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Originally posted by plumranch

This is pretty remarkable. If China is on board maybe we can get something done with the rogue Iran

www.foxnews.com

that will still leave the problem of the rogue U.S.

Do you think Obama should pull out of the wars?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I agree that this is a sign of an upcoming false flag attack. Where will it be? I'm betting on Europe and the US at the same time. In order to spread sufficient fear, it is going to have to top 9/11. I'm totally NOT looking forward to this...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

How about a false flag in China? I don't know why but it would seem the most logical to get them to join the "war on terror" train......

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Oh wow I am sure Iran is scared now....oh wait probably just the people. It will be just like North Korea where the people starve and live in tyranny based on the decisions by their great leader. It makes me think back to those videos from Tehran and the protests. Man, those poor people.

I remember the years of what was down to the Iraq with the sanctions and their starving children, many babies died from starvation!

Yet they had an opportunity to deal with their good friend and admired CIA op, and let the psycho continue to reign, not that they had any right to the Gulf War either! Another illegal massacre of innocents. While the leaders all follow their Saturian Scripts!

If something like this happens, we the people will have to get an organization going and start sending aid, forumula and help. Not one more hair on one more child anywhere in this world to be sacrificed to those evil dark hearted creatures!!!!!! They are attempting to chain us with karma. We can't allow anyone to go without and need to demand the leaders stop ALL WARS, and redistribute ALL GOODS and free energy.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join