It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet's not special, says communications minister

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

yes but what can we doooo?
I joined "GetUp!" when it first kicked off thinking this was a way for the people, our voice on their (politicians) platform,but they turned out to be no different,another lobby group dazzled by their own promotional spiel.
The hardest thing is getting people to care and even recognize that it is important.
Whoever wrote previously that aussies don't put up with crap and will take a stand, well I'm sorry but that is not my experience,perhaps in Banjo Patterson's day, not today.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

"It's getting out of hand now, I had soo much hope for this government, but every decision they come up with seems to go from bad to worse. This guy Stephen Conroy is acting just like his leader Rudd. He's a bully, who came up with what he thought was a good idea (and on the surface it looks great) but can never work and is a very dangerous plan. Australia in the last 10 years has been going down a disturbing road of less and less personal freedom, and more and more government control of our daily lives.

how long before we can't do or say anything about the government without fear of being locked up. "

I 100% agree with this post.
Simple truths.

edit to add post quote

[edit on 1/4/10 by asIam]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by asIam
reply to post by Zelong

yes but what can we doooo?
I joined "GetUp!" when it first kicked off thinking this was a way for the people, our voice on their (politicians) platform,but they turned out to be no different,another lobby group dazzled by their own promotional spiel.
The hardest thing is getting people to care and even recognize that it is important.
Whoever wrote previously that aussies don't put up with crap and will take a stand, well I'm sorry but that is not my experience,perhaps in Banjo Patterson's day, not today.

Try Electronic Frontiers Australia's FaecesBook page...

Also, get in the ear of anyone and everyone you know and try to convince them compulsory filtering is a bad idea..

Email Federal politicians of all political persuasions...I emailed 30 the other night, so far only Scott Ludlam of the Greens has had the courtesy to reply...Ask them what their take is on the filtering proposal...If they send you a spiel, email them again and ask them for a simple yes/no answer...

If you're up for it, find out who the Labor parliamentarians are in your state in the most marginal seats, and strongly suggest to them you will actively campaign on behalf of whomever will oppose the filter at the next election and put their seat in parliament in jeopardy...

I did this to around 10 ALP parliamentarians in who hold some of the most marginal electorates in Victoria, as well as Conjob...

The only problem with trying to vote Conjob out may be it wont be a full Senate election and his place may not be up for contest...

There's a few ideas for you asIam...Up to you if you implement them, of course

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

G'day Retrovertigo

You're a man of action.....

Good on you!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by Retrovertigo

G'day Retrovertigo

You're a man of action.....

Good on you!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thanks Maybe

Just trying to win those hearts and minds we need to make the government see this is a bad idea...

Conjob won't listen to us folks who oppose compulsory internet content filtering...Apparently we're part of an "organised group in the online world" (Conjob's words) who obviously doesn't exist in the "offline world" (whatever the # that is) and we're all clearly nutters who don't know what we're talking about *shrugs*...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by asIam

Well from an earlier thread C0bzz had the right idea, below
, late afternoon today Conroy was flapping his gum's on 2GB, hopefully it will be in the archive tomorrow(same Old rant).

Originally posted by C0bzz

For the first time in the history of mankind talk back is usefull. Call any of these stations and let them know about the censorship plan and why you oppose it.

Station : 2GB Number : 131 873 Listen at : www.2gb.com...

Station: 4BC Number: 13 13 32 Listen at: www.4bc.com.au...://streaming.mytalk.com.au/4bc

Station: Triple J HACK Number :1300 0555 36 Listen at: www.abc.net.au...

Station: 96.5fm [Talking life with Peter Janetzk 8-10pm Sundays] Number:1300 85 13 14 Listen at: www.96five.com...

Station: NOVA 969 Number: 13 24 10 Listen at: www.nova969.com.au...

Station: Vega 953 News room - 02 9564 9800 The studio: 13 25 10 Listen at: www.vega953.com.au...

Some Melbourne stations:

3AW - 693kHz AM - 03 96 900 693 or 131 332

ABC - 774kHz AM - 1300 222 774

Vega - 91.5 MHz FM - 13 25 10

SYN - 90.7 MHz FM - 03 9925 9907

edit - probably should sanitize this post...

[edit on 9/9/2009 by C0bzz]

Zelong.

[edit on 1/4/10 by Zelong]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join